Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
Just altered wiring to seargent unit on van,so that electrics work in rear whilst driving.Simply a matter of unscrewing unit and locating red and yellow wire on large black block connector.Cut wire a couple inches back from block connector (allowing for reconnection if required) tape ends and job done .Works on apache 2003...2005. Possibly other vans with same seargent unit.
Thanks to Jonandshell for providing me with necessary info.

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

C.L.S

Trader - Service & Repairs
Jul 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Not long enough
By doing this you can lose the step auto retracting when the engine starts , satellite dish will not lower and the fridge will not be powered by 12v.
May be a better idea to fit a rocker switch allowing you to interrupt the ignition live feed (D+) only when required
Hope this helps

Mark

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Or don't have a British van and then you won't have the problem in the first place:roflmto: . Anyone know why it's apparently perfectly safe to have power to the habitation area in a Euro van but not in a British one?

OP
OP
Vlad The Impaler

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
All is well fear not

My step stil retracts and fridge still works on 12v as I was told it would or I would not have done it .As for sat dish can't afford a posh one mines in a plastic case in my locker waiting for the day someone shows me how to use the bloody thing properly.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
.As for sat dish can't afford a posh one mines in a plastic case in my locker waiting for the day someone shows me how to use the bloody thing properly.

In the end we had to go for a posh one. There was only so much I could take of satellite compasses, dish angles and messing about ( usually in the rain). Tried it 4 times and never got the hint of a picture:Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
In the end we had to go for a posh one. There was only so much I could take of satellite compasses, dish angles and messing about ( usually in the rain). Tried it 4 times and never got the hint of a picture:Doh:

We found an easier - and cheaper - answer. Stopped watching the telly and left the sat dish &c at home for if we ever change our minds ::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back