Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
I spoke to the owner of Mirrorguard about a replacement cover for my M/H after the tractor incident at the weekend, he said he was out of the country until the 5th September, and that I could buy just one cover.
He also said that he might have sourced some lower priced complete replacement mirrors from abroad, more news after 5th Sept.!

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Got mine from here

Link Removed

Also got new headlamps and ordering rear lights in a couple of week. Really good service.

It might be worth giving them a ring..

Last edited:
OP
OP
injebreck99

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
Fiat mirrors

Got mine from here

Link Removed

Also got new headlamps and ordering rear lights in a couple of week. Really good service.

It might be worth giving them a ring..
Cannot see anything quoted for the 06 on Ducato though.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Cannot see anything quoted for the 06 on Ducato though.

It's the first 4. You have to contact them for the price on those. I guess because the price changes a lot.

When I was looking for my mirrors and headlamps they were the cheapest around even beating ebay. As I say worth a call you never know you may save a few quid.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
injebreck99

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
Fiat mirrors

Sorry for being thick but why do you need a new mirrorgaurd? Did it not survive the tractor incident? If not then why bother with them at all? Just wondering.

D.
Yes it did get broken, it was a big impact from the tractor's macinery, I did wonder if it was worth renewing it, but then I would have one white and one black mirror, I have been told by other people that the mirrors do stand out more, (more visible), also they could be protected from lesser impacts, branches etc.

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
Have a look at truck mirror protectors, then consider the ones on sale for motorhomes.

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
" it was a big impact from the tractor's macinery,"

Surely this is what these "protectors" are supposed to protect against? Big impact from a vehicle moving in the opposite direction (doesn't really matter if its heavy farm machinery doing 28MPH or a truck doing 40MPH) or stationary objects on the nearside. If it failed to protect the mirror I wouldn't be looking to buy another protector I'd be looking for my money back, or did I miss something?

D.

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
This was going to be my point, but i held back to save getting rounded on by traders.:RollEyes:

Truck mirror protectors (mirrors can gost in excess of £300) are made of a material stronger than the plastic originals, they are also set AWAY from the mirror by at least 50mm and supported at two points by bolts. They are designed to move the mirror, not break it, in the case of an impact, or...transfer the impact shock to the other object.

I cannot see, how such a protector could be fitted to the plastic moulded mirror set up on most motorhomes. RV's with the metal truck set up could have it, but a steel protector for a ducato for instance, would still only be attached to the plastic arms,...unless of course, you did,nt mind drilling holes in your doors.
http://www.truckstuff.co.uk/products/stainless-steel-mirror-guards

Last edited:

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
On the two occasions that I have suffered severe impact-once from a girder on a Loire bridge,which jumped out and hit my nearside mirror-and once from a French white van man who hit the offside mirror,it was not the mirror casing that was damaged,but the bracket that holds the mirror to the arm bolted into the door.Both times the bracket broke and I feel that it would have broken even if I had a guard on there.
It's expensive enough to replace a mirror,let alone a mirror guard as well-I see no point in them at all.
Mike.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back