This motorhome is rocking !! (1 Viewer)

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
We are up at Tan Hill Inn, 1730 feet above sea level , highest pub in Britain on the lovely Yorkshire Dales. I was the highest woman drinking a lovely Theakstons ( 0r anything in fact ) in Britain about 9 pm:ROFLMAO:
Seeing as though there was only Ralph Me and another couple of blokes in the bar before we left.
Its 10 to 10 in the evening and blowing a gale and chucking it down. We've been in the pub and had a meal , it was very quiet , the quietest we've known it in fact. Coal fire burning and Buster our dog, fast asleep in front of it.
We are now back in the motorhome, Webasto keeping us toasty warm , catching up on emails etc .
The satellite wouldn't stand a chance up on the roof of the motorhome haha.
So its 50 shades and MHF from 10 pm !!

Dont you just love your motorhome??

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Now that sounds like a good evening, the van could be rocking some more when you finish 50 Shades.:Blush::Smile:

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
1732ft above sea level, don't forget the 2ft itrs very important:roflmto:

We also love it up there, last time we had a meal it was poor, although it was about 6 years ago.

Lovely spot, great views.

Paul.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
That brings back memories :thumb:

our first night away in our first ever motorhome was spent at Tan hill.

From Reeth up through Arkengarthdale at night :Eeek:

sue1959

Free Member
Feb 11, 2010
Ireland
Funster No
Exp
non as yet, hired in Canada a couple of times. hope to buy in the next few years.
Haven't been there ina MH but have walked across the moors from Keld to it. Had a drink then walked back. That was where we saw the Aurora borealis!

Last edited:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
so if your on here does that mean Ralph is reading 50 shades :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
How are you getting internet access?

It's sounds like just the place to visit for me:thumb:

OP
OP
Ralph-n-Bev
Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Phew what a night:Eeek:
The motorhome looked like its been steam cleaned outside this morning. The wind so strong with the rain , almost took the graphics off :ROFLMAO:
There were no black streaky marks on the motorhome or dead bugs this morning . I wouldn't say I was rocked to sleep , but Ralph was .
Kept me awake for hours , though we didnt wake up until 10 am . That was with a sheep scratching its bum on the bumper , rocking the van which made Buster bark. :roflmto:
We woke up to warm sunshine too , so we had a full monty outside on the cadac. What a difference a day makes eh?

We have an unlocked 3 mifi thing that enables us to get a connection in most places , Grommet , you would love Tan Hill Inn http://www.panoramio.com/photo/43624847.

£2 per person camping. Elsan and water . Food is not a patch on what it has been in the past , so much so that we would not recommend it for eating anymore.
But the surrounding scenery , walks , ale and pub atmosphere is fantastic .

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Phew what a night:Eeek:
The motorhome looked like its been steam cleaned outside this morning. The wind so strong with the rain , almost took the graphics off :ROFLMAO:
There were no black streaky marks on the motorhome or dead bugs this morning . I wouldn't say I was rocked to sleep , but Ralph was .
Kept me awake for hours , though we didnt wake up until 10 am . That was with a sheep scratching its bum on the bumper , rocking the van which made Buster bark. :roflmto:
We woke up to warm sunshine too , so we had a full monty outside on the cadac. What a difference a day makes eh?

We have an unlocked 3 mifi thing that enables us to get a connection in most places , Grommet , you would love Tan Hill Inn http://www.panoramio.com/photo/43624847.

£2 per person camping. Elsan and water . Food is not a patch on what it has been in the past , so much so that we would not recommend it for eating anymore.
But the surrounding scenery , walks , ale and pub atmosphere is fantastic .

So what would you recomment it for Bev? Sounds a great place and we really must go there. ::bigsmile:

Ivy

OP
OP
Ralph-n-Bev
Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Well if your not expecting much Ivy , just scampi and oven chips or soup and roll chicken and chips or gammon and chips . You wouldnt be dissapointed.
But it used to do proper chips and things like home made steak and ale pie , Lovely home made sausages with buttery mash , Roasts and steaks etc.
Pub grub , but nice pub grub.
I dont think they have a chef there anymore , or they didnt last night. I do know Tracey, the swearing landlady :whatthe:, was away at her sons wedding at their other place. So it could just be a glitch. Though trip advisor has slated the food now too.

Its still for sale at offers around 1.2 million if anyone wants to turn it around .......

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back