Free Member
Dec 26, 2011
Shildon,Co Durham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2007
hi all anyone know of any remote wildcamping spots in the Lakes,weve been up there this weekend ,stopped in a layby on the road to Ulverston didnt see many ideal spots though(been all round europe they seem to be geared up for motorhomers),weve got an onboard generator so we were,nt stuck for luxuries like TV and cold beers ha ha,the missus wasnt happy because of the traffic noise from the road,any info on spots would be good,also i,ve read on a thread here theres a list of places to overnite (pubs etc) where could i view this list?

jonjay

scek

Free Member
Jan 12, 2011
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Couple of years or so.
yes there are loads. another web site has a poi to download if you join their site. all on google earth. this site and the poi one are the best two mh sites on the web.
go google...

june123

Free Member
Jul 12, 2012
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Burstner A class 3 berth
Exp
since 2004 caravans before that
hi all anyone know of any remote wildcamping spots in the Lakes,weve been up there this weekend ,stopped in a layby on the road to Ulverston didnt see many ideal spots though(been all round europe they seem to be geared up for motorhomers),weve got an onboard generator so we were,nt stuck for luxuries like TV and cold beers ha ha,the missus wasnt happy because of the traffic noise from the road,any info on spots would be good,also i,ve read on a thread here theres a list of places to overnite (pubs etc) where could i view this list?

jonjay

Try googling "campsites at pubs" or something similar such as pub camping. It works!:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
R

rambojonjay64

Free Member
Dec 26, 2011
Shildon,Co Durham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2007
wildcamping spots in England

cheers June123 i,ll try your advice,anyway were off to Berlin via Amsterdam this weekend,at least the Europeans are geared up for motorhomers ha ha jonjay :Smile:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972

jonjay

Just start up the generator. You won't hear the traffic noise :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
R

rambojonjay64

Free Member
Dec 26, 2011
Shildon,Co Durham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2007

thanks mate,i did ha ha,we were,nt bothered by anyone ,my missus aint keen on wildcamping at all,she just worries about our safety! I love the built in genny,its independance on a plate,were going up Scotland in September ,plenty of places to wildcamp jonjay

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Nice pub in Langdale Dungeon Gill, they have allowed parking in the past, The Travellers Rest after Ambleside going North. Talking of Ambleside don't forget Miller Field, like an Aire, £10 a night but right in the centre. :thumb:

Full list of Pubs all over the country - see below at end of my signature. :Cool:

Also remember the section on fun for wild camping, see the list at the right of the main page. :Doh:

OP
OP
R

rambojonjay64

Free Member
Dec 26, 2011
Shildon,Co Durham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2007

thanks Keith that list of yours is pretty amazing,gunna check out a few of them pubs when we get chance Jonjay:thumb:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Nice pub in Langdale Dungeon Gill, they have allowed parking in the past, The Travellers Rest after Ambleside going North. Talking of Ambleside don't forget Miller Field, like an Aire, £10 a night but right in the centre. :thumb:

Full list of Pubs all over the country - see below at end of my signature. :Cool:

Also remember the section on fun for wild camping, see the list at the right of the main page. :Doh:

Kieth I have never noticed the link for all the pub stops before, a brilliant link, thank you very much, just shows what you can miss. Carol. :Smile:

OP
OP
R

rambojonjay64

Free Member
Dec 26, 2011
Shildon,Co Durham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2007
wildcamping

cracking list Keith,do some of these pubs offer electricity,obviously for a charge?I was thinking over the wintermonths ::bigsmile:

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp

Motorhome stopovers charge £30 for a book with a list of pubs
thank you for the free info :thumb:

the mucker

Free Member
Aug 28, 2013
liverpool
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
i'm a newbie
wild camping

hi all new to site just completed self build 58 citreon relay x lwb 4 berth anyway alston moor on east side of lakes nenthead mines carpark nice quiet community shop over road and miners arms pub nice food or remote with veiws over alston moor take the b6277 alston to middleton road 3 mile past garrigill right hand bend just before layby on right alston moor sign track on left leeds up to old flat quarry park track in good condition but best park up when light plenty of room at top brilliant veiws with no one to bother you appy dayz

Last edited:

BruceH

Free Member
Aug 15, 2013
Lake District
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
2 years
If you travel from Torver towards Broughton in Furness and take the first right turn up a steep incline The old Rake just half a mile out of Torver straight this will take you to Hummer Lane and Broughton Moor forest. Adjacent to this road are two large areas that are close to the forest and suitable for wild camping. Very quiet and superb views.

Attachments

• Broughton moor.jpg
    Broughton moor.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
cracking list Keith,do some of these pubs offer electricity,obviously for a charge?I was thinking over the wintermonths ::bigsmile:

Very few but if I know they do any services I will add to the description, so if anyone knows of any I have missed let me know.

Motorhome stopovers charge £30 for a book with a list of pubs
thank you for the free info :thumb:

Not the same list, mine is all my own work that I have found on public web sites when other MH's tell about their experiences of stopping at pubs. I have been collecting these for years & hoped other MH's would find them useful.

Last edited:

Anita DS

Free Member
Aug 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
Transit leisure drive
Exp
I'm a newbie

Hi Keith, I've just joined this site,I'm a newbie, please could you advise me where I'd find your list? Many thanks. Anita

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hi Keith, I've just joined this site,I'm a newbie, please could you advise me where I'd find your list? Many thanks. Anita

I know I'm not Keith, but if you look under Kieths signature you will see in orange writing 'My Pub Stop Overs' click on it and they will come up.

Anita DS

Free Member
Aug 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
Transit leisure drive
Exp
I'm a newbie
I know I'm not Keith, but if you look under Kieths signature you will see in orange writing 'My Pub Stop Overs' click on it and they will come up.
Hi Carol,thanks so much for you reply. I must be doing something wrong because I still can't see it. Is it because I'm on my phone and not on a laptop?

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990

jonjay
have had a couple of great wk ends in wrynose pass...remote enough for you not to be bothered by anyone and great walking on either side of the pass.. would be difficult in a large vehicle as access is very narrow in places and can require backing up quite a distance if you meet something else in certain places, and make sure your clutch is in good nick..
ta andy

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Top line on my signature. (y)

Scuba Steve

Free Member
Jan 21, 2015
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2010
Try this site, it's brilliant
http://wildcamping.moonfruit.com/pub-stopovers/4563550207

The pub trade is not what it used to be and personally I've never yet been turned away by any pub when I've asked if we can stay over but in return we do always have a few drinks and if they serve food we would normally have something to eat, personally I think it's the least we can do for letting us stay over

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid

The pub trade is not what it used to be and personally I've never yet been turned away by any pub when I've asked if we can stay over but in return we do always have a few drinks and if they serve food we would normally have something to eat, personally I think it's the least we can do for letting us stay over
guess what?
thats the list of pub stopovers compiled by @keith https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=zV-KbALFzBDE.ksFuH_Bv_vUY

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp

guess what?
thats the list of pub stopovers compiled by @keith https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=zV-KbALFzBDE.ksFuH_Bv_vUY

That's my site as well, lots more than just pubs on it.

Wild Oggie

Free Member
Mar 25, 2014
cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E462
Exp
Mid 70's
Google nomad uk poi

This is a bril FREE map of the UK, stuffed full of wildcamping spots plus loads of other poi.

Indianna

Free Member
Apr 2, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
VW pop top
Exp
Since 2005
Very few but if I know they do any services I will add to the description, so if anyone knows of any I have missed let me know.

Not the same list, mine is all my own work that I have found on public web sites when other MH's tell about their experiences of stopping at pubs. I have been collecting these for years & hoped other MH's would find them useful.
Hi Keith,

Our friend owns The Crown at Rumwell, near Wellington, Somerset, just off the M5. Large car park and he's happy for people to stay if they have a meal in the pub. Any chance you can add him to your list. We've stayed at a few of them, so thanks for making it available to us all :eek:)

ThePeltonian

Free Member
Jun 29, 2015
UK
Funster No
MH
1994 Hymer 654
Exp
Since 2001
Fabulous! we are on our way down south in August to a festival in Shrewsbury, then off out and about after that... this list will be very useful!

Aug 19, 2015
Windermere
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
15 years
We only 'wild' having had v poor experiences of sites. We've parked all over the Lakes but it is getting trickier with the hateful 'eye in the sky'. Happy to advise if anyone coming up our way plus we've always found non chain pubs glad of our custom if we park discreetly.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back