Free Member
Jul 12, 2012
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Burstner A class 3 berth
Exp
since 2004 caravans before that
We've never been to a motorhomefun rally. Do you have to book? What goes on there? We're on the elderly side (but not old acting I don't think) - would we fit in?

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Its a big secret and we would have to kill you !!!!! :ROFLMAO::Rofl1

Try youtube and search motorhomefun, it may give some ideas...

PS.. Where in Staffs ??? I'm in sunny Cannock...

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

june123

Free Member
Jul 12, 2012
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Burstner A class 3 berth
Exp
Rallies and would we fit in?

Newcastle under Lyme - not that far from Cannock

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi June, most of us are either retired or approaching retirement. What happens at a rally, well anything you want to within reason, it is a chance for a chin wag, put faces to names make new friends, meet old ones, Have a drink, BBQ whatever takes your fancy, there is usually a hospitality tent when people congregate in the evenings. Some funster are musicians others like me just bash a guitar whilst you all sing. Sometime there is Karaoke. Not had bingo yet. Sometimes a prize draw. There may be a specific reason for the rally, a show, bring and buy, or even my 12V seminar next week. Some people mix some don't, no rules, no pressure. Just chill and enjoy. Often held in an interesting area with lots to explore and can just make a cheap base for a holiday. dogs usually welcome, not many children about but sometimes a few. What else can I say, get your name down. Some you pay on arrival others you pay up front to the organising body. I will warn you like fun, rallies are addictive. Watch out for details on the winter rally in Portugal next year.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello June, first of all look down the forums column, then scroll down rallies, have a look at any that take your fancy some you book some you don't need to.

No matter what age at a fun rally you are always made welcome, just say hello, look at the notice board what is on and join in, it is such a friendly and diverse group with fun, we always try and get to a couple of rallies a year with them.

Take the plunge join in and enjoy.

OP
OP
J

june123

Free Member
Jul 12, 2012
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Burstner A class 3 berth
Exp
rallies - would we fit in?

Sounds lovely. We're quite sociable although I'm not great on bingo. But do enjoy meeting new people for a bit of a chat. I think I saw a rally in November? Will be free from October onwards. Look forward to meeting you all. Do we have to book or can we just turn up?

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
Sounds lovely. We're quite sociable although I'm not great on bingo. But do enjoy meeting new people for a bit of a chat. I think I saw a rally in November? Will be free from October onwards. Look forward to meeting you all. Do we have to book or can we just turn up?

June you did see a rally in November 2nd to 4th Nov at Whitby for Goth weekend, of you fancy dressing up, it is full at the moment 25 limit at Whitby Community college, but you can go on the reserve list if you like, look at my photo's of last November and this April, it is on twice a year, great atmosphere and everyone gets dressed up, I will give the meet a BUMP

OP
OP
J

june123

Free Member
Jul 12, 2012
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Burstner A class 3 berth
Exp
rallies

Don't think I fancy a Goth weekend! Have UNfond memories of a daughter who was a goth in her teens - everything black and dripping with skull ornaments! I'll look out for other rallies.

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Hi June

Theres the motorhome show at Lincoln towards the end of september

Theres also a November meet at Waldegraves Mersea Island if thats not too far for you.

Have a look at the rally photos to give you an idea of some of the meets.

The Waldegraves Meet is in Essex. Its the site's end of season finale and they usually lay on food free of charge on the saturday night

Hope to meet you soon

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back