Free Member
Oct 2, 2011
Widnes,Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 years
Evening all,Well yes in the rush to get my dog to the vets on sunday night at Malvern,I overlooked the small problem of winding my stabilizing legs up.1 leg lifted the other leg jammed in the down position.We got to the vets with the leg just of the road.Dog ok now.Thanks to a fellow motorhomer lending me an hacksaw,i managed to cut it and wire tie it up.So does anybody know where i can get a stabilizing leg from,for my 92 Swift Kontiki.Thanks ....THE BANDIT:Angry:

steveclecy

Free Member
Jun 10, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since June 2009
Is it any different than a normal caravan corner stabiliser?

Steve

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
bandit

bandit

Free Member
Oct 2, 2011
Widnes,Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 years
stabilizer leg

Evening Steve,i never thought about that,yes mate,its the same as caravanstabilizing leg.Should be able to find one.Thanks :thumb:

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Hi Bandit,
I can't help with the supply of your replacement corner steady but a little tip I was given to stop it happening again...........
..................whenever you lower them in future immediately place the winding handle across the accelerator & clutch pedals as a reminder that they are down.
Brian

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I overlooked the small problem of winding my stabilizing legs up :Angry:

Well done, to the best of my knowledge you are the first on FUN to admit to that one.

Cheaper than driving off hooked up, so I believe.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Hi Bandit,
I can't help with the supply of your replacement corner steady but a little tip I was given to stop it happening again...........
..................whenever you lower them in future [HI]immediately[/HI] place the winding handle across the accelerator & clutch pedals as a reminder that they are down.
Brian

Immediately .....so that you don't forget to do it I suppose?.........:ROFLMAO:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
With reference to the vet.....we could have done with one on saturday evening at Malvern when the blind Russell jumped out the RV door, caught her dew claw in the Moroccan rug as she landed and tore most of it out.

No idea where/how to start looking for a vet so bandaged it as best we could.....next morning it had gone, she must have chewed it off herself during the night.

no ill effects and no infection :thumb:

OP
OP
bandit

bandit

Free Member
Oct 2, 2011
Widnes,Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 years
Nobody is perfect

Good idea Brian,I left the winding handle in the front driving well on my way home.I used my trolley jack under the corner for levelling.All the best,safe driving:thumb:

OP
OP
bandit

bandit

Free Member
Oct 2, 2011
Widnes,Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 years
The vet run

Evening Papjohn,We went on Google and it brought us a vet in Malvern,We rang him at home,and he met us at the surgery,it turns out my working cocker had a anaphylactic reaction to horse fly bite,her face swelled up like a pug.He gave her a Steroid injection and anti histamines to take the swelling down.It was midnight when we left the vets.A few bob lighter.I hope your dogs on the mend. All the best...THE BANDIT..AKA Phil.:thumb:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Well done, to the best of my knowledge you are the first on FUN to admit to that one.

Cheaper than driving off hooked up, so I believe.

I think I might have admitted to it first. Left both down on the last MH, luckily on grass, though ploughed a bit of a furrow before I noticed. I never bother with them now, don't worry about a bit of movement, in a gale can always imagine I'm on the yacht I don't have. :ROFLMAO:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Evening Papjohn,We went on Google and it brought us a vet in Malvern,We rang him at home,and he met us at the surgery,it turns out my working cocker had a anaphylactic reaction to horse fly bite,her face swelled up like a pug.He gave her a Steroid injection and anti histamines to take the swelling down.It was midnight when we left the vets.A few bob lighter.I hope your dogs on the mend. All the best...THE BANDIT..AKA Phil.:thumb:
I did try googling but, like most at Malvern, had a very, very weak dongle signal......took around 5 minutes to get online then couldnt get any further.

the dog is fine with no sign of anything ever happening....cant even see the wound now unless you part her fur......she may be blind and deaf but she's a tough little bugger. :roflmto:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138

Out little Tazzy was bitten when we got home - with being away for 2 weeks the grass had grown a lot and when that happens we always have lots of biting bugs in it (NOT fleas before someone suggests that!), she got nibbled on her tummy and had a reaction so that her head got a bit bumpy. As we'd seen this before in other dogs we gave her some anti-histamines (human ones) which I'd already got for such occasions and it soon reduced down and now she's back to her normal 'full of beans' self! For good measure the bl**dy biting bugs had a good old nibble at me too.:Angry:

Gunner29

Free Member
May 24, 2012
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
block of wood

I support my steadies on a block of 2 " wood. It helps spreads the load and IF I do drive away the steady won't rub on the ground. A friend of mine drove off with his down and ripped them off.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back