Highland Minimeet 7 - 10 September (1 Viewer)

magbrin

Free Member
Jun 18, 2010
near Inverness
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2008
Highland Minimeet 2012
On the strength of the success of the Highland gathering last weekend I recommend that you sign up soon for the Minimeet. We had 18 vans, 4 or 5 forums represented, and 40 odd peeps (that’s right, very odd) and 22 of them went to the Dores for a meal. Thank you all for coming and making it the success it was. Quite a record – and an excellent mix of people! We did not have the best weather but it was dry and sunny on the first night for the BBQ and dry again for the BBQ on Sunday, with little wind and only a few midges.
Minimeet Dates: 7<SUP>th</SUP> – 10<SUP>th</SUP> September
Venue: Brin Herb Nursery IV2 6XD – www.brinherbnursery.co.uk
Everyone welcome, but depending on numbers, we may need to limit numbers of vans/people going to Dores. I already have about half a dozen names down. Usual format – as it seems to work (Let me know if you think differently, or have any other ideas) with BBQs and a trip to Loch Ness and the Dores Inn.
We are still waiting for our impromptu ceilidh, so bring your musical instruments. The nearest we got to it was at last year’s gathering when our Dutch friend “Piper” played his …………………… you guessed it, (bag)pipes.
I will be posting more information in due course, but in the mean time if you are going to be around why not come and join us?
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p> </o:p>

Dingray

Free Member
Dec 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
CB
Exp
Since 2000
September Mini-Meet

Hi there,
If you have room could you book me in for this meet, arrive Friday.
Thanks,
Ray

OP
OP
M

magbrin

Free Member
Jun 18, 2010
near Inverness
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2008
Hi there,
If you have room could you book me in for this meet, arrive Friday.
Thanks,
Ray

Plenty of space - look forward to seeing you again, Ray.
Will be posting again shortly with more datail, numbers etc. but hoping for another successful get together.

Anyone else in the area is vey welcome.
all the best and safe travels
Margaret

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
M

magbrin

Free Member
Jun 18, 2010
near Inverness
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2008
Only just over 3 weeks to go............................... 8 vans from 3 forums so far, but hope for more ........................ there is plenty of space.
Proposed plan – although variations considered:
Friday 7th September informal gathering in the Schoolroom - bring your own bottle
Saturday 8th September - BBQ. Bring food enough for yourselves, but be prepaared to share it. That way we all get a varied selection of grub.
Sunday lunchtime trip to Loch Ness and Dores Inn. You don't need to eat there, just enjoy the surroundings, but if you want to go let me know as numbers may be limited due to lack of drivers! If you think you could offer your services as a driver for the community minibus let me know - we will need a few details.
All the best and safe travels
Margaret

Steveboy

Free Member
Oct 13, 2011
Wherever my wheels stop.
Funster No
MH
Rapido 972M
Exp
Fulltime since 2011
Steveboy - think I'm booked in and I will be there.

Hi Magbrin
I think I am booked in but if not I will be there. Hope to arrive on 7th.
Thanks

Steve

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Hi Margaret - If you still have space, could Barbara & I book in for the meet please ? :Smile:

OP
OP
M

magbrin

Free Member
Jun 18, 2010
near Inverness
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2008
Hi Margaret - If you still have space, could Barbara & I book in for the meet please ? :Smile:

You're booked, and I'm pleased to say there are a few more ladies coming.
Will post more details in the next day or two.
Look forward to meeting you and all the best and safe travels
Margaret

OP
OP
M

magbrin

Free Member
Jun 18, 2010
near Inverness
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2008
Finl Plan

Final Plan for the Minimeet – you can join in all or none of the below:

Friday 7th September: Informal drinks/coffee (BYOB) in the Schoolroom from 6pm.

Saturday 8th September: BBQ from 6pm Bring enough food for yourself to cook and share – or if you prefer it bring something special, to share. Barnacle is bringing some lobster - Many Thanks Bill. Donations of charcoal, baps, salads etc are always welcome. And remember your drinks!

BTW the Schoolroom is closed for the season, but if there is a demand we will open for our popular £5.00 lunches and/or teas/coffees and cakes on Saturday from 12 – 4.00pm. Let me know if you are interested, on Friday evening.

Sunday 9th September: 10am working party – to work off the food and drink from Saturday.
Trip to Dores Inn, 12.45pm. Lunch booked for 1.30pm. If you have not already done so, please let me know as soon as possible numbers for the bus to Dores, and if you want to be booked in for lunch. Numbers may have to be limited.

However numbers are not limited for the minimeet - so if anyone else wants to come - just let me know!
IT'S FREE

see you all soon
all the best and safe travels
Margaret

OP
OP
M

magbrin

Free Member
Jun 18, 2010
near Inverness
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2008
11 vans booked 3 forums represented - plenty of space for more!
List of booked:
<TABLE style="MARGIN: auto auto auto 4.65pt; WIDTH: 90.35pt; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse; mso-yfti-tbllook: 1184; mso-padding-alt: 0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt" class=MsoNormalTable border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=120><TBODY><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt; mso-yfti-irow: 0; mso-yfti-firstrow: yes"><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0cm; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; WIDTH: 90.35pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; HEIGHT: 15pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0cm" vAlign=bottom width=120 noWrap>Channa<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt; mso-yfti-irow: 1"><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0cm; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; WIDTH: 90.35pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; HEIGHT: 15pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0cm" vAlign=bottom width=120 noWrap>Barnacle<o:p></o:p>
</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt; mso-yfti-irow: 2"><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0cm; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; WIDTH: 90.35pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; HEIGHT: 15pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0cm" vAlign=bottom width=120 noWrap>Scenictraveller<o:p></o:p>
</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt; mso-yfti-irow: 3"><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0cm; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; WIDTH: 90.35pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; HEIGHT: 15pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0cm" vAlign=bottom width=120 noWrap>Nightman<o:p></o:p>
</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt; mso-yfti-irow: 4"><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0cm; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; WIDTH: 90.35pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; HEIGHT: 15pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0cm" vAlign=bottom width=120 noWrap>Steveboy<o:p></o:p>
</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt; mso-yfti-irow: 5"><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0cm; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; WIDTH: 90.35pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; HEIGHT: 15pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0cm" vAlign=bottom width=120 noWrap>Dingray<o:p></o:p>
</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt; mso-yfti-irow: 6"><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0cm; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; WIDTH: 90.35pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; HEIGHT: 15pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0cm" vAlign=bottom width=120 noWrap>Salopian<o:p></o:p>
</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt; mso-yfti-irow: 7"><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0cm; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; WIDTH: 90.35pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; HEIGHT: 15pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0cm" vAlign=bottom width=120 noWrap>Maingate<o:p></o:p>
</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt; mso-yfti-irow: 8"><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0cm; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; WIDTH: 90.35pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; HEIGHT: 15pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0cm" vAlign=bottom width=120 noWrap>Dellwood33<o:p></o:p>
Teasy2007<o:p></o:p>
</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt; mso-yfti-irow: 9; mso-yfti-lastrow: yes"><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0cm; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; WIDTH: 90.35pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; HEIGHT: 15pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0cm" vAlign=bottom width=120 noWrap>Magbrin<o:p></o:p>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<o:p> </o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
If you have not already done so, please let me know:
When do you expect to arrive and leave?
How many vans/people?
Do you want to be booked on the bus/for a meal at Dores Inn on Sunday
And a new question:
Will you want to share in Barnacles lobster at the barbeque (so that he knows how much/many to bring).
A couple of people have expressed interest but have not yet signed up - are you coming?
Mariesnowgoose
whistlinggypsy

OP
OP
M

magbrin

Free Member
Jun 18, 2010
near Inverness
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2008
Thanks for your PM Teasy2007. You are booked as requested for Dores Inn, the minibus and 1 lobster
Dores is on the shores of Loch Ness, with it's own Bay and resident Nessie watcher:winky:

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Last minute booking !!!

I will be bringing a new member , Pater something or other !! Is there room for him ?:Cool:

OP
OP
M

magbrin

Free Member
Jun 18, 2010
near Inverness
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2008
I will be bringing a new member , Pater something or other !! Is there room for him ?:Cool:

Plenty of room - let me know requirements: lobster, Dores Inn, bus etc - see earlier post.

Will you be bringing your girlfriend on the white plastic chair??!!

We DO need more ladies - in plastic chairs, or even plastic women. One of very few booked has broken her leg, so cannot come. Latest count: 11 men, 3 women:Sad::Sad:

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Hi, I think we will be there on Thursday afternoon/evening, can we pitch then, or would you prefer we waited until Friday?

Ginny and Mike

OP
OP
M

magbrin

Free Member
Jun 18, 2010
near Inverness
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2008
Hi, I think we will be there on Thursday afternoon/evening, can we pitch then, or would you prefer we waited until Friday?

Ginny and Mike

You are very welcome to arrive on Thursday - if we are not about we will not be far away (probably walking dogs). I am expecting at least one other van to arive on Thursday.
Margaret

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Exp
9 years !!!!
Plenty of room - let me know requirements: lobster, Dores Inn, bus etc - see earlier post.

We DO need more ladies - in plastic chairs, or even plastic women. One of very few booked has broken her leg, so cannot come. Latest count: 11 men, 3 women:Sad::Sad:

No thanks to Lobster, Dores Inn and Bus !! We are miserable b******s !! As every one knows !
p.s. The white chair lady can't make it ! I will be seeing her in February !! What bliss awaits !!

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hope you all have a good meet, Dixon I was just wondering if you have seen the link on the very bottom line of KEITH'S signature, free pub stop overs, could be handy. We will be using it in North Wales this trip. Think Steve already knows about it.

OP
OP
M

magbrin

Free Member
Jun 18, 2010
near Inverness
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2008
HELP!

Final call for lobster takers - will PM later, Barnacle, with final numbers.
Latest van numbers remain at 11 - we have lost some and gained some in the last week or so.
I'm looking for someone with a van with awning/safari room or other shelter happy to share covered space for the BBQ (well, not the fire, but the peeps:))
We have got the use of a pagoda - but the wind will howl through it:(
Also required (well, useful) beach type windbreaks, outside lighting, and anything else to enhance the evening. Please remember some charcoal and your food and drink.
There is still space for the Dores trip - but if you have not already booked, let me know if you want to go as we still may have to limit numbers.
Looking forward to seeing you all on Friday

s7ev0

Funster
May 31, 2010
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit
Exp
Since 2009
Hi Margaret,

Well, typically my plans prevent me from coming up yet again, but this time tantalisingly so.

After the Shepton Mallet show this weekend, I'll actually be driving up to Scotland to take my son up to uni in Dundee on the 11th or 12th. Only a few hours onward drive away from you, but of course just after everyone's gone! Plus I'll be in our little car in an attempt to save money on fuel!

Still, we've another three years of him living north of the border, so I'm sure we'll get to a Highland Meet at some point.

Hope everyone has a ball!

Steve :Smile:

OP
OP
M

magbrin

Free Member
Jun 18, 2010
near Inverness
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2008
Sorry you can't make it, Steve. have a good trip north, and make sure you get here, next year:thumb:
The meet looks good, and the weather, and the lobster are well under control::bigsmile:
Britstops has been much beter this year - when are you updating the book? I have a few queries. Will pm.
Margaret

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Exp
9 years !!!!
You are very welcome to arrive on Thursday - if we are not about we will not be far away (probably walking dogs). I am expecting at least one other van to arive on Thursday.
Margaret

Myself and Pete (2 vans) will arrive tomorrow if that's ok ! We are in Fort Augustas at the mo !!:Cool:

OP
OP
M

magbrin

Free Member
Jun 18, 2010
near Inverness
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2008
Warning

Myself and Pete (2 vans) will arrive tomorrow if that's ok ! We are in Fort Augustas at the mo !!:Cool:

Sounds as if the party starts tomorrow::bigsmile:

However I was going to post about now anyway with a WARNING.:Eeek:

Unfortunately we have no water to speak of and will not be able to guarantee fresh water for visitors, so please can I ask you all to bring as much water as you will need, with you, and if you have the space/containers a bit extra for those who don't have so much water/ storage/space.

This is a temporary problem - we have a well, and the water is pumped up, but the pump has failed, and as I speak it is in for repair. Hopefully it will be up and running again by the weekend, but if it isn't - there will be no water.

The knock on effect of this will be that unfotuatey I will not be able to open the Schoolroom for lunches on Saturday. It will NOT affect either the drinks on Friday or the BBQ.

Number of vans up to 12 Drew, who was here last time is coming.

Look forward to seeing you all, tomorrow/Friday

Margaret

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Hi with the problem with the water we have decided to stay near Berwick and arrive on Friday. see u then. Ginny

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back