Renew insurance on my Spanish reg MH (1 Viewer)

Billy23

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
On a planet...far, ....far away.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995
My Spanish reg MH is due for insurance renewal in September and I wondered if anybody with a Spanish reg MH could suggest any insurance companies -in Spain of course- that they use as I would like to shop around and get best price.

Thanks for any help.:Smile:

tullie

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Carlisle
Funster No
MH
Hymer Camp 55
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi Billy23,

Have you tried looking at any Spanish MH magazines?

Sorry I can't help with your insurance query but seeing that you have a Spanish reg MH and are based some of the time in Spain I wondered if you knew of a place which does MH repairs and spares. I am currently near Malaga.
Also, did you re register your MH with Spanish plates or buy here? I have a UK reg Hymer originally imported from Germany and may be thinking about re registering it here as if it is the same with cars anyone over 25 can drive it with the owners permission.
Tullie

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
http://www.blackfriarsgroup.com/overseas/motor_insurance_spain.htm

We have used this company for a number of years, they have us with a company called Ibex Insurance Services Ltd which i believe are based in Gibraltar. Give them a ring.
Forgot to say I sorted this out for my sis that lives in spain and only occasionally comes over here

The insurance documents are printed in english and spanish so no probs either side when and if you need to produce them anytime

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
Billy23

Billy23

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995
http://www.blackfriarsgroup.com/overseas/motor_insurance_spain.htm

We have used this company for a number of years, they have us with a company called Ibex Insurance Services Ltd which i believe are based in Gibraltar. Give them a ring.
Forgot to say I sorted this out for my sis that lives in spain and only occasionally comes over here

The insurance documents are printed in english and spanish so no probs either side when and if you need to produce them anytime

Thanks for the info chatter I will check it out later as I am on holiday in UK and go to Spain on Sunday from Plymouth.

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
Have a look at these.

The first once we are insured with at the moments as they are a) English speaking with docs in English. b) The only ones (at the time) who offered Fully Comp for our 20 year old MH.

The second one we are exploring (for cost) now is a Spanish company with a very good reputation in the Spanish MH community. They also now offer Fully Company, but don't know if vehicle aged limited, hence exploring now.

1. http://www.abbeygateinsure.com/

2. http://www.mvaseguradores.com/

Regards Bryan

OP
OP
Billy23

Billy23

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995
Thanks Bryan

Tried to insure my house with Abbygate a couple of years ago and because I asked them questions as to what was and wasn't insured, they told me to take my business some other place.....so I did, they also said that they wouldn't do business with me ever again, what they are like if you need to claim I don't know .......but whatever you do don't ask questions, like what do I get for my cash!!!!!

Thanks for the second one I will give them a try, I am happy with the one I have at the moment, it's just about getting a good deal.

Cheers

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Xabia

Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Rural Nottinghamshire and Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996
Lifted from another forum, hope it helps:

Paula López-Ulloa Ortega

BROKER-SEGUR, S.L

C/. Río Ulla,7-28017 Madrid

Tel.91.408.78.41 Fax. 91.408.75.56

e-mail: paula.lopez-ulloa@broker-segur.es

Paula speaks English have had my Hymer with them for 5 years until i sold it last week.
They are brokers and the policy was with Alianze.
Good luck.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back