Caravan (1 Viewer)

Jan 18, 2010
Airdrie Scotland
Funster No
Exp
6 years and 20 years as a tugger
Thinking in going back to the caravan reasons are when i did have a c/van i used it more often and also if yo go to a specific site a lot you can leave it there part season or full season as i have got a car that can pull most vans i do not need to purchase a car

Bill

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
and why not, you have more flexibiliy, space, and only 1 lot of rfl/insurance to find, and unless you want to continually be on the move day after day or use 'wild parking spots' as often as you can it makes perfect sense. New caravans also have an onboard water tank these days as well might not be as big as some in motorhomes but its better than none.

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
If it was not for liking to change sites at least every other day I would change back to a caravan.
I know if we changed to stopping more than moving we would change without hesitation as you can have more room and with an awning it increases the space available.
As we tugged for a large number of years, prior to motorhoming we know exactly what the life is like.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Thinking in going back to the caravan reasons are when i did have a c/van i used it more often and also if yo go to a specific site a lot you can leave it there part season or full season as i have got a car that can pull most vans i do not need to purchase a car

Bill

Go for it.

There's an amazing outbreak of common sense in here right now.

Johno

Free Member
Oct 29, 2008
Kent
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
30+ with caravanning & camping
I alternated between caravanning and motorhoming for many years but as I got older and after a couple of nervous breakdowns I found I was getting too stressed when tugging especially after a couple of unfortunate episodes in narrow Devon lanes so I now stick to MHing but I miss the benefits of caravans compared to MHs.

So I guess the van you chooose will be a .......Bailey ? ::bigsmile:

John.

OP
OP
B
Jan 18, 2010
Airdrie Scotland
Funster No
Exp
6 years and 20 years as a tugger
Nice one as you say there are pros and conns for both il wait to Sep when the new models come out and decide then

Jan 26, 2010
Conwy, North Wales
Funster No
MH
Relay self build
Exp
Since 2007
We changed back to a caravan a few months ago and have found that we once again have our freedom to explore in the car when we are parked up. It was very convenient at Malvern to just nip into town for some shopping for example. (Shirley will not use a bicycle which limited us to walking or public transport when we had the MH).
The caravan is a quarter of the value and does not require road tax etc. To top it all, we are still welcomed on MHF and on the rallies:thumb:

Main downside will be the foreign trips when a camp site will be necessary for an overnight stop but that's outweighed for me by the advantages.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Done both but find a motorhome keeps us fitter. We cycle and walk everywhere. Never move van once on site. We are fitter now as pensioners than when we worked. Mind you every one to their own.

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
Like I have said many times....we all buy what works for us....so go for it and above all enjoy :thumb:

All the best Rick

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Also back to tugging ..

as said, whatever suits you needs, no rights or wrongs..

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
If it works for you then great. We changed to a camper 'cos - 1,we now hardly ever use sites. 2,we mainly use the van abroad. 3, we use aires a lot as we never stay in one place for more than a couple of days.
If we mainly stayed on sites for a week or more we'd have a caravan again.

Bluemooner

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Dreamseeker Fifth Wheel
Exp
4 years
We went from a Caravan to a Motorhome a couple of months ago the reason we never moved the car once on site and the longest i have stayed on a site is 3 days but everybody has different needs (i need pubs)
Andy

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back