Apr 1, 2012
Sarratt, Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt 2 berth
Exp
Since 2012
Morning all!!

I am thinking of buying a 2.5m x 2.5m pop up gazebo. Will this size fit within the standard 'with awning" pitch size on UK sites?

Any recommendations or feedback on a specific make or supplier?

Prices and I assume quality vary considerably and any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks

Rich

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
It should fit but make sure you anchor it well.

We already had a pop-up gazebo when we bought our first van so (in our naivety) took it with us on our first trip. Got back from a day out to find it broken after the wind caught it. Luckily the guy on the next pitch had caught it before it could be blown into another van and cause real damage.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Yes it will fit, but be aware, some sites have a 'no gazebo' rule and many will charge extra for it. A pull out awning is a better bet.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
Kayham Motordome. We have had ours almost 5 years, it has been up in all weathers and is unscathed. Only once in that time have I taken it down as a precaution and that was in the winter on a very oped costal site.
They can be used free standing or connected to your M/H. Not the cheapest I have yet to find better.

Andy

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Kayham Motordome. We have had ours almost 5 years, it has been up in all weathers and is unscathed. Only once in that time have I taken it down as a precaution and that was in the winter on a very oped costal site.
They can be used free standing or connected to your M/H. Not the cheapest I have yet to find better.

Andy

AND because it is such a fantastic and clever bit of kit. It would have taken no time at all to take down and re-erect! We have a screenhouse, so does not attach to the van but it is so handy. It just sheltered a fitted kitchen for three weeks and then was our reception tent at Malvern. Love it :) Jane

Last edited:
OP
OP
C
Apr 1, 2012
Sarratt, Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt 2 berth
Exp
Since 2012
Thanks for your replies so far.

I have been advised by the supplying dealer that it is not possible to fit a pull out awning on the Autocruise Starburst 2 as the profile above the habitation door is too narrow to fix an awning to. Hence the reason I am looking at the gazebo option.

However, I would be more than happy if someone is aware of a pull out awning that could be fitted!!

Thanks

Rich

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland

I have been advised by the supplying dealer that it is not possible to fit a pull out awning on the Autocruise Starburst 2 as the profile above the habitation door is too narrow to fix an awning to. Hence the reason I am looking at the gazebo option.

However, I would be more than happy if someone is aware of a pull out awning that could be fitted!!

Thanks

Rich

Hi Rich.. just had a look at your van and see the problem.. however there are Fiamma rail adaptors to fit on the roof .. have a look here, there may be one that is suitable.. surprised the dealer didn't mention them.. or perhaps he knows none of them will fit ..

http://www.agentfiamma.co.uk/fiamma-f35-pro-awning-Adapters/

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp

[HI]I have been advised by the supplying dealer that it is not possible to fit a pull out awning on the Autocruise Starburst 2 as the profile above the habitation door is too narrow to fix an awning to.[/HI] Hence the reason I am looking at the gazebo option.

Thanks

Rich

I would get a second opinion on that. I've seen them fixed along the roof edge.
Talk to someone like Johns Cross who are Fiamma dealers.

Pete:Cool:

Apologies to Jim. I didn't scroll far enough and missed your post.

Attachments

• P1120723.JPG
    P1120723.JPG
    8.7 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
Morning all!!

I am thinking of buying a 2.5m x 2.5m pop up gazebo. Will this size fit within the standard 'with awning" pitch size on UK sites?

Any recommendations or feedback on a specific make or supplier?

Prices and I assume quality vary considerably and any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks

Rich

I got mine for Argos £89,99
got three side panels and you can buy extra panels for £19.99
from Argos :thumb:

good value and a full 12 month warranty on it too but do use extra anchors as the wind can do some damage to them:cry:

Ian

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
You can get driveaway awnings that attach to the van by throwing straps over the roof and pegging down on the other side, if that helps.
that sounds llike some thing one could do with the ex wife
by throwing her over the roof and pegging down on the other side,:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
The dealer is talking out of his bum! It probably really means that he doesn't want the aggro of doing it!!!

Attachments

• autocruise starburst 2 with awning.jpg
    autocruise starburst 2 with awning.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 11

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp

I have been advised by the supplying dealer that it is not possible to fit a pull out awning on the Autocruise Starburst 2 as the profile above the habitation door is too narrow to fix an awning to.
Thanks

Rich

I would suggest you contact Glen Harris my service manager or Ian as regards the above and have a chat to them if your dealer cannot fit one 01-580-881288

Peter

Peter

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972

Thanks

Rich

This one for sale has a roll out awning fitted with the roof adaptor so is possible.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back