Free Member
Aug 20, 2012
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Hello
We have just bought a 1992 Hymer and been away for our first weekend to Malvern where we visited the motorhome show. We have rather reluctantly decided to sell our VW late bay camper van and saw the Hymer for sale locally. I must admit we are not disappointed with our new purchase. We can't believe how much space we now have. We are looking forward to many more trips away and are planning a week in Germany in September.
Now time to search the site.
Best wishes
Deborah and Colin aka Helga

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Deborah and Colin aka Helga, welcome to MotorhomeFun. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 18, 2012
Loch Lomond Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
Hello
We have just bought a 1992 Hymer and been away for our first weekend to Malvern where we visited the motorhome show. We have rather reluctantly decided to sell our VW late bay camper van and saw the Hymer for sale locally. I must admit we are not disappointed with our new purchase. We can't believe how much space we now have. We are looking forward to many more trips away and are planning a week in Germany in September.
Now time to search the site.
Best wishes
Deborah and Colin aka Helga

Welcome to Motorhome fun, Deborah and Colin and I wish you many good times in the Hymer :thumb:

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
:welcome::welcome:

Off to Germany myself in September, but heading north rather than south.

Pete:Cool:

tullie

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Carlisle
Funster No
MH
Hymer Camp 55
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi Helga,

I decided to call my motorhome Hilda in the end but it was a toss up between Hilda and Helga. What type is it? I bought a Hymer Camp 55 on a Fiat ducato chassis in May and it was first registered in 1991 so 21 years old. Its my first time owning a motorhome having camped with the family years ago. My Hymer came without a manual and I wondered if you had one with yours as even if it is a different model it may have some parts in common. I have no idea for example how the fridge works on gas. Or how to change the gas bottles for instance. I have one green bottle and am not sure where to get a replacement.
I have rather jumped in at the deep end.
Good luck to you,
Tullie

OP
OP
H

Helga

Free Member
Aug 20, 2012
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Thank you

Firstly Thank you every one for the kind welcome. We have learnt so much already from this wonderful site.
Tulie - Helga is a Hymermobil 455 1992 on a Fiat Ducato We do have a manual. If you look by the habitation door on the right you should see a Hymer sign displaying the serial number. If you quote this number in an email to Hymer they will apparently send you a PDF of the manual you need.
Our fridge works by flicking the red ignition switch on top of fridge to on, then next to this is a round knob with a small and large flame picture. Push this in and turn to large flame, hold it in and listen for rapid clicks of the ignition sparks. The sparking should soon stop and you might hear the gas ignite, the fridge is now alight and using the gas. Release the knob after 10 secs and your fridge should be working. Don't forgot the gas needs to switched on at the tank and any other gas shut off valves should be in the open position . Only use the gas when you are stopped. Switch back to the 12v battery when the engine is running. This is supplied by a switch at the top of the fridge with a picture of a battery so make sure that is on. When you are on hook up press the switch next to it which supplies the fridge with mains power.
I hope this helps
Deborah.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back