Domestic fridge not working on 12V (1 Viewer)

Aalpha1

Free Member
Aug 20, 2012
Fife
Funster No
MH
Van conversion A class
Exp
Hi I was wondering if anyone can give me advice on where the fridge fuse for the 12V in the engine compartment would be fitted on a Ducato base. I thought it would be obvious? The dealer I bought it from couldn't quickly identify it and so have booked it in again so they can trace the cable back. However if I knew where I'd do it myself. To summarize, 240V fine, gas is ok if I ignite with 240v, but no interior light on gas or when trying with 12V and no power when switched to 12V?

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Perhaps I am stating the obvious but they all only work on 12 volt when the engine is running. Sorry if you already realised this.

Jul 24, 2010
Planet Earth (I think)
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
not long enough
Sorry, I can't help but I am interested in any answers as my Dometic fridge has just ceased working on 12 v too. Perfectly fine on gas and electric hook up. Currently in France and using aires and travelling a lot. Really need the fridge to work on 12V.

Thank you,

Lorraine x

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
A

Aalpha1

Free Member
Aug 20, 2012
Fife
Funster No
MH
Van conversion A class
Exp
Hi Laneside this is my problem, which I should have made clearer, I have no power to the fridge on 12V when the engine is running. My understanding of the circuit is there will be a fuse probably in the engine compartment I wondered if anyone could give a location where to look. I was surprised that my garage (a motorhome dealer) couldn't identify it straight away.:Sad:

OP
OP
A

Aalpha1

Free Member
Aug 20, 2012
Fife
Funster No
MH
Van conversion A class
Exp
Hi, its a Lunar Champ early 2006 model. On a Ducato 2.8l chassis,
Cheers.

june123

Free Member
Jul 12, 2012
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Burstner A class 3 berth
Exp
since 2004 caravans before that
we have a Burstner on a Ducato base

Our fusebox is under the passenger seat

OP
OP
A

Aalpha1

Free Member
Aug 20, 2012
Fife
Funster No
MH
Van conversion A class
Exp
Our fusebox is under the passenger seat

Thanks for that, I'll check when I get home. I did look in both fuse boxes located each side of the dash (which I thought would be the obvious place), so hopefully there's an additional one there.
Thanks

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi have a look for relay/relays and fuses near to the battery or alternator
terry

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
When I was looking for a wiring diagram for our son's old camper a few weeks ago the closest I found had the fuse between the starter battery and the fridge relay (which is also connected to the alternator). It may be worth checking if there is an in line fuse somewhere near the relay.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Hi I was wondering if anyone can give me advice on where the fridge fuse for the 12V in the engine compartment would be fitted on a Ducato base. I thought it would be obvious? The dealer I bought it from couldn't quickly identify it and so have booked it in again so they can trace the cable back. However if I knew where I'd do it myself. To summarize, 240V fine, gas is ok if I ignite with 240v, but no interior light on gas or when trying with 12V and no power when switched to 12V?
I could have my wires crossed :Doh: but the gas igniter PCB ONLY works on 12v.....not 230v mains.

on 230v hookup it will switch to run on mains supply.

Nov 26, 2007
Exeter
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Since 2006
Dometic Fridge

Hi,

Mine is under the bonnet beside the battery, i know as i have had to install a cooling unit, and when doing this i the 12v wires touched a blow the fuse.

I have a luner Roadstar on a fiat ducato 06 reg.

Ian

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back