CROATIA - private camping with residents? (1 Viewer)

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
A friend told us when they went to Croatia they kept seeing these camper signs in peoples gardens which they found out meant that you could stay in your van in their gardens/land attatched to their houses at a very reasonable rate.
I can't remember what she said they were called and just wondered if anyone else has come across these and know if there is a list somewhere?

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Theres a similar thing in parts of Scandinavia. I always thought it was a good idea and hoped it would spread.

OP
OP
jaygee
Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
Found out they are called "AUTOCAMPS" but no more information than that.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 29, 2010
Nuneaton. Only when I have to.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis t564
Exp
Since Sept 2010
Actually, I think all sites in Croatia are called 'Autokamps' from someones back garden to a megaprairie hell.:roflmto::roflmto::Laughing

Last edited:

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
A friend told us when they went to Croatia they kept seeing these camper signs in peoples gardens which they found out meant that you could stay in your van in their gardens/land attatched to their houses at a very reasonable rate.
I can't remember what she said they were called and just wondered if anyone else has come across these and know if there is a list somewhere?

Hi - not sure about Croatia, but there is a scheme in the UK! 'Camp-in-my-Garden' http://campinmygarden.com/ :thumb:

Obviously, many locations are just for tents, but there are quite a number showing they can accommodate caravans, and therefore I assumes motorhomes.

rarin2go

Free Member
Nov 23, 2008
Funster No
Try www.camping.hr

They are called mini camping.

"Mini campsites are small campsites with a capacity up to 50 accommodation units or 150 people approximately, generally situated around family houses. They are equipped with less facilities, but are often situated on extremely attractive natural locations, and the contact with local people and with their habits and traditions is authentic.

Camping in a family atmosphere

Along the whole Croatian coastline there is a big number of mini campsites. Some of them are real small pearls, some offer just about ten accommodation units. But the fact you can camp in an intimate area of someone’s garden or courtyard, often situated by the sea - a perfect starting point for everyday excursions in surrounding medieval towns, national parks or cities of culture, makes the mini campsites a beloved destination for the seekers of an individual holiday experience."

There is a listing for them all and also some motorhome itineraries as well.

Hope that helps

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back