Fiat Peugeot dashboard cupholder (1 Viewer)

bernardfeay

Free Member
Nov 18, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
hymer exsis
Exp
10 years
Has anybody figured out how to make good use out of the cup holder on the dashboard of the Fiat and Peugeot. It is tilted at a daft angle and does its very best to spill unless you leave the top half of your cup empty.

Geoffers

Free Member
May 13, 2011
Groby Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Gave up with that one, it's to long a reach for the driver anyway, bought a cup holder from Halfords that clips onto the drivers side air vent:thumb:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Is it actually a cup holder or just a place for keeping bits & pieces in reach of the passenger?

I cringe when I see drivers drinking something, especially from a cup rather than a can; nearly as bad as using a mobile phone whilst driving.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Has anybody figured out how to make good use out of the cup holder on the dashboard of the Fiat and Peugeot. It is tilted at a daft angle and does its very best to spill unless you leave the top half of your cup empty.

Not only Peugeot as all the cabs seem to be the same - usless not deep enough, wrong angle and far too distant to be of any use to the single driver.

Jean uses it as a receptacle for her sweetie rappers. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Is it actually a cup holder or just a place for keeping bits & pieces in reach of the passenger?

I cringe when I see drivers drinking something, especially from a cup rather than a can; nearly as bad as using a mobile phone whilst driving.

Surely they would only use the cup holder when they have stopped, say halfway on a journey in a layby to have a sandwich and a drink.. but not stopped for the night :Doh:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Surely they would only use the cup holder when they have stopped, say halfway on a journey in a layby to have a sandwich and a drink.. but not stopped for the night :Doh:

In a MH you can use the hab area of course ::bigsmile: Often see van drivers, especially, with mug in hand - but never when I have the opportunity to take a photo/record reg number or company.

Oldlag

Free Member
Jul 18, 2012
Northampton & Calvados Fr
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2012
It's probably designed for a tiny espresso coffee which seems to be the life blood of most French van drivers but we think it's better suited for keeping small change in for the peage or parking

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Holds my blackberry nicely so it doesn't slide off the seat when I am driving.

I don't use it when driving but I do like to hear when it signals an incoming email so i can pull over at the next opportunity..

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
I don't think it's meant as a cup holder, ours came with a removable, flip-top coin holder ready slotted in from new :Cool:
.....these are probably available as an accessory from Peugeot/Fiat.

Spacerunner

Free Member
Apr 7, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Its an ash tray holder. We use it to keep loose change in for tolls and washing machines.

I can always pull over for a drink and don't need to be umbilically connected to a fluid source. :RollEyes:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
In a MH you can use the hab area of course ::bigsmile: Often see van drivers, especially, with mug in hand - but never when I have the opportunity to take a photo/record reg number or company.
:winky::winky:

Now your Talking the white van......always in a bloody hurry..I bet the S**T in a raised carrier bag on there seat and dump while on the move..:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I recon GJH if you have one of these on your roof and go around in Stealth mode....

Link Removed

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

M1ke

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Tracker FB
Exp
5 years

Unfortunately I use the cup holder on my Peugeot for the rear view camera screen. I'm looking for an after market cup holder to go onto the drivers side:RollEyes:

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Euro 5 fiat

My 2012 fiat does not have a cup holder - only a bit for a ash tray. Can't believe it but true. Who ever heard of a white van man without a cup of McD's finest brew in front of him while he tail gates you at 90 mph :Eeek:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back