Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
OK, I have changed the advert back to the longer one and left an abridged version for those that do not want to, or do not have the time to read it.

The short version did not improve any more over the long one. (Help Terry cannot get the link to it to down load)...

As many will know I should have been at Malvern this weekend.. but we started out and a calliper seized and we had to have the RV recovered using the recovery section of the insurance policy we have on the RV with Safeguard...'did what it says on the tin'

The RV is in the workshop on the pit now and we have a new calliper being delivered over night (fingers crossed) dependent on the delivery time and if they can fit it we may get to Malvern very late or early tomorrow.. but as it is Friday it may not happen.. just have to have the fingers crossed. We also had new pads fitted at the same time.

But the RV is still for sale at £24k and this brake episode has cost me a good £500.... so this is a cheap vehicle now.

Have not managed to make contact with anyone at Malvern.. sent some p.m's to Bob & Jane and JIM .. are they out of telecommunication range I wonder.?????

Bob

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Saw Jim at his stall this morning Bob....

And passed on you may make it later...

Good turn out here,,,,, and a hell of a lot of traders...:thumb:

Every ones internet seems to be dead slow or non exitent... :Sad:

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
have sent text as requested

I sent a PM back :cry: Jane

Hi Jane have sent you a text.. plus a photo of our poor RV being winched on backwards.. have to use the winch on the Reece tow ball as there is no towing points at the front of the Ford E350 /E450 RV's

Still waiting on part to arrive at garage.

Bob

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
In contact with Jane via Text now

I am now in contact with Jane by text... thanks Mo and any others that passed my message along.

Bob

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
it is back with me

The RV is back.. went and collected just a while ago... need to iron out a couple of issue.. somehow the Sterling got knocked on and has run down the batteries (Ercsols) so I have them on charge via the Sterling and they are building a charge... tried to charge them via the genny on the run back from the garage.. but that in the end put to much a strain on the 4 kw genny and it closed down as I got home... now that it is not being asked to deliver 60 amps.. it has cooled down and is running OK...

We have got the fridge / freezer back on line and hope to re stock it in a few hours time.

If all goes to plan we will pull out of Tunbridge Wells at 4 a.m. Saturday morning so we get Saturday / Sunday and Monday morning at Malvern.

The calliper has been fitted and the new brakes and it drove home just as good as always.

Bob

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back