Orange, laptops, phones and my temper (1 Viewer)

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
I us ethe lappy when mobile, its great for storing sites, routes, manulas etc etc and I was using an Ornage dongle.
last year we upgraded our phones, but recently while doing a review of cost's etc, i found we were paying too much.
I had the mother of all arguments with Orange, as even if your usage is less than half of the amount you are paying, they will only drop your price plan by £5 !!!!
I calculated that the dongle was costing me £10 per month, MY phone £25 (with internet connection that i dont use), my wifes £20, and we were using only half of it. The nice people at Orange....agreed with my usage etc, and offered to reduce my price plan by £5...how generous. When I told them to stuff it and give me a cancellation figure, they lied,...and increased it by £70:Eeek:

I was fast losing my temper as I was locked into a contract for another twelve months. I managed to get them to agree to cancel the dongle contract, and i intended to conect to the phones internet connection (which i am on now)...

it has taken me since ferkin sunday to do it:Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:, this wouldnt talk to that, this driver didnt work, this port was,nt connected:Doh:,
finally, tonight I have succeeded, not only is it faster, but it will be cheaper, i now have to go through the full complaints procedure with Orange which will involve Ofcom.

when chosing BB connections, or phone deals, just be aware that two year contracts are the norm...and alot changes in two years.:thumb:

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
I us ethe lappy when mobile, its great for storing sites, routes, manulas etc etc and I was using an Ornage dongle.
last year we upgraded our phones, but recently while doing a review of cost's etc, i found we were paying too much.
I had the mother of all arguments with Orange, as even if your usage is less than half of the amount you are paying, they will only drop your price plan by £5 !!!!
I calculated that the dongle was costing me £10 per month, MY phone £25 (with internet connection that i dont use), my wifes £20, and we were using only half of it. The nice people at Orange....agreed with my usage etc, and offered to reduce my price plan by £5...how generous. When I told them to stuff it and give me a cancellation figure, they lied,...and increased it by £70:Eeek:

I was fast losing my temper as I was locked into a contract for another twelve months. I managed to get them to agree to cancel the dongle contract, and i intended to conect to the phones internet connection (which i am on now)...

it has taken me since ferkin sunday to do it:Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:, this wouldnt talk to that, this driver didnt work, this port was,nt connected:Doh:,
finally, tonight I have succeeded, not only is it faster, but it will be cheaper, i now have to go through the full complaints procedure with Orange which will involve Ofcom.

when chosing BB connections, or phone deals, just be aware that two year contracts are the norm...and alot changes in two years.:thumb:

buy your own phone and a 30 day rolling sim
not always the cheapest but so easy to cancel :thumb:

the price of your phone is built into the contract
so do a bit of maths before you buy :Blush:

contract price times 24 or 18 mnths = £000

phone cost + lower sim only cost x 24 or 18

as i say its easy to break a rolling contract

myself being retired giffgaff £10 goody bag does me but cant tether

so i have 2 sims 1 for the dongle and 1 in my recycled i phone 4

obviousley the above dosnt suite all but some it will

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
I have gone to 30 day contracts and using a mifi ( unlocked ) for internet , but not high downloads, i now use this and get 5 meg download speed, ( ebay item 261073053346 )

And its full mobile on my laptop or tablet:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08

Just found this in one of shifftys posts

The head honcho
Orange / T-Mobile / Everything Everywhere Olaf Swantee, Chief Executive Olaf Swantee
www 26 Mar 2012

*The e-mail address you require is*
*olaf.swantee@orange.co.uk*

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back