LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Van past MOT tomorrow ::bigsmile:I have taken the van for it's MOT today and it has passed yet again :thumb: but failed :Doh:::bigsmile:I apparently booked it in a day early (today) instead of tomorrow :Doh: so the tester failed it on windscreen washers blocked (harsh I know ) :winky:But I get a new 13 mth cert in the morning :thumb:
terry

Last edited:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
If you'd taken it tomorrow would he still have failed it on the washers :Eeek:

No offence, but it always amazes me why folks don't do a simple pre MOT check.....lights, wipers, horn, washers etc.

just one blown bulb or a split wiper blade will cost you a fail ticket but a quick check, even if you cant fix it yourself, will give you chance to get it fixed before paying for a fail on top of repair costs later.

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi John,::bigsmile: No it won't :thumb:He is the type of tester that would have unblocked the washer :winky::winky: or even changed a bulb for you or me :Smile: He could not get it in for the test until next week if it was not done today so the "fail "will suffice until the morning when it passes without going through the full test again :Smile:I think he is allowed to use his common and just see the washer working for it to pass :Smile: not the full test again.If he passed it today it would only have 12 mths on it where as it passes tomorrow with 13 mths :thumb:Now do you honestly think I would take a vehicle for it's Mot without checking the obvious :Doh:::bigsmile:The test runs out on 13th of next month so I mistakenly did not realise it would have to be tested on the 14th :Smile:
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
If you'd taken it tomorrow would he still have failed it on the washers :Eeek:

No offence, but it always amazes me why folks don't do a simple pre MOT check.....lights, wipers, horn, washers etc.

just one blown bulb or a split wiper blade will cost you a fail ticket but a quick check, even if you cant fix it yourself, will give you chance to get it fixed before paying for a fail on top of repair costs later.

John believe me mate I always check and I have had washers pack up between home and the test centre :Blush:

All the best Rick

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
How folk ever get a bike to fail an MOT is the one that gets me ..

The MOT is very basic and checks nothing more than should be done by an owner at least once a week.. or indeed notice an issue while riding it !!

Ok ok.. Having said all that.......................

Several years ago ( and I mean several ) I rebuilt from the floor up a BSA C15.

Took it for MOT and yes, it did pass ok, but when I went to tax it in the post office I got knocked back..
MOT aint for this bike sir

Huh ??????

Walked outside and indeed, wrong reg number

8 mile ride back over to the MOT station and I was fairly miffed
Waved the certificate at the bloke who walked outside and said

Sorry John.. your cracking up mate.. it IS the right registration !!! Take a look ...

Talk about baffled :Eeek:

Walked round the back of the bike to get bash hate and THEN realised what had happened

Front number plate was off the old donor and rear was the correct one :Doh:

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
How folk ever get a bike to fail an MOT is the one that gets me ..

The MOT is very basic and checks nothing more than should be done by an owner at least once a week.. or indeed notice an issue while riding it !!

Ok ok.. Having said all that.......................

Several years ago ( and I mean several ) I rebuilt from the floor up a BSA C15.

Took it for MOT and yes, it did pass ok, but when I went to tax it in the post office I got knocked back..
MOT aint for this bike sir

Huh ??????

Walked outside and indeed, wrong reg number

8 mile ride back over to the MOT station and I was fairly miffed
Waved the certificate at the bloke who walked outside and said

Sorry John.. your cracking up mate.. it IS the right registration !!! Take a look ...

Talk about baffled :Eeek:

Walked round the back of the bike to get bash hate and THEN realised what had happened

Front number plate was off the old donor and rear was the correct one :Doh:

::bigsmile:Reminds me of when I was 16 and my uncle used to work in S Africa,he came home and bought a house and a new Moskavitz van to use for doing the house up :Smile:After 8 mths of cursing the van every mile he drove it he came to sell it only to find it had been supplied with different numberplate's from new ::bigsmile:
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Spooky !
I bought a brand new moskvich van for my aerial company ( it was massively better spec'd than anything else around and way cheaper )

The firm we bought it from put the first years tax on it..
It was not until we went to tax it the second year we found out exactly the same !!!
Now what are the chances of that ::bigsmile:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Hi John,::bigsmile: No it won't :thumb:He is the type of tester that would have unblocked the washer :winky::winky: or even changed a bulb for you or me :Smile: He could not get it in for the test until next week if it was not done today so the "fail "will suffice until the morning when it passes without going through the full test again :Smile:I think he is allowed to use his common and just see the washer working for it to pass :Smile: not the full test again.If he passed it today it would only have 12 mths on it where as it passes tomorrow with 13 mths :thumb:Now do you honestly think I would take a vehicle for it's Mot without checking the obvious :Doh:::bigsmile:The test runs out on 13th of next month so I mistakenly did not realise it would have to be tested on the 14th :Smile:
terry
That explains a lot....a little forward thinking :thumb:

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Did it pass yesterday?

Or the day before?
Yesterday :thumb: it fail the day before on blocked washer jet :winky:because it passed yesterday it now has 13 mths test -jf it passed the day before it would only have 12 mths test ::bigsmile:
terry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back