Rustie

Free Member
Aug 13, 2012
London
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet!
Exp
Hello everyone! Very happy to have found my way here....we don't have a MH ...yet! Busy looking and found this forum - be warned, we'll probably have a few questions along the way... ::bigsmile:
Thanks!
Rustie

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
Hello everyone! Very happy to have found my way here....we don't have a MH ...yet! Busy looking and found this forum - be warned, we'll probably have a few questions along the way... ::bigsmile:
Thanks!

Hi welcome ask away any thing you want too

what experience have you got in motor homing? some of us live in ours full time for our sins :thumb:

dont ask what sort of license do you need to drive an RV or some on here will blow a gasket :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

i own an RV only 27 foot long if you want to know about them ask away

yours Ian

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
Thanks!
Rustie
hi welcome ask away LOL

what experience do you have on MHs ?

some of us have RVs (American motorhomes) yank tanks LOL

if you want to know about them just ask

enjoy the club it helps to be nutts but if your not you soon will be

Yours Ian F

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi and welcome to the site, well I guess the first thing is it has to be making sure it is LEZ complient. :ROFLMAO:So that rules out a lot of older and American Vans.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Hello everyone! Very happy to have found my way here....we don't have a MH ...yet! Busy looking and found this forum -[HI] be warned[/HI], we'll probably have a few questions along the way... ::bigsmile:
Thanks!
Rustie

You don't frighten us...

...we have Yosser Hughes on here...

Now that IS scary! :Eeek:

JJ :Cool:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello and welcome to Fun, thats what we are here for ask away.:thumb:

OP
OP
R

Rustie

Free Member
Aug 13, 2012
London
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet!
Exp
Thanks Ian...
No experience - yet - we are in the process of selling our house - are we bonkers?! but that seems to be a pre-requisite here :winky:

Already asked hubbie about licences - was put straight pretty sharpish!

Just back from 3 weeks in the 'States and had the pleasure of investigating some of the 2nd hand RVs over there...who knows, they may be next!

Thanks again ...

Thanks!

Hi welcome ask away any thing you want too

what experience have you got in motor homing? some of us live in ours full time for our sins :thumb:

dont ask what sort of license do you need to drive an RV or some on here will blow a gasket :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

i own an RV only 27 foot long if you want to know about them ask away

yours Ian

OP
OP
R

Rustie

Free Member
Aug 13, 2012
London
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet!
Exp
Hi! we don't have any experience...yet! Guess that qualifies us as nuts!
I guess one of the top questions has to be about running costs - we are very fortunate to be able to have an income and yes, we want to be fulltimers...

Will be renting during September - some research has shown that we should go for biggest we can afford to buy - is that generally the idea?
Thanks again!

hi welcome ask away LOL

what experience do you have on MHs ?

some of us have RVs (American motorhomes) yank tanks LOL

if you want to know about them just ask

enjoy the club it helps to be nutts but if your not you soon will be

Yours Ian F

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi and welcome you will find out who yosser is soon enough :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Hi! we don't have any experience...yet! Guess that qualifies us as nuts!
I guess one of the top questions has to be about running costs - we are very fortunate to be able to have an income and yes, we want to be fulltimers...

Will be renting during September -[HI] some research has shown that we should go for biggest we can afford to buy[/HI] - is that generally the idea?
Thanks again!

This seems strange advice. There are disadvantages to larger RVs, high running costs, limited places you can stop and so on. It isn't a question of 'affording' as very often the large ones can be cheaper because they are hard to sell. Layout is what is important, and only you know what you need.
In general it takes most people three motorhomes before they find one that suits them, so look at everything you can find. Looking costs nothing, buying a van which could be hard to sell in the current financial climate could be very expensive.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back