Just flipped an old dear off her buggy (1 Viewer)

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Not in the M/H BUT IN MY PICK UP :Eeek:just called at cash machine at ASDA ,as I started to reverse out(less than half length of van ) -checking my mirrors for kids (bad for them hanging around car park)an old dear came from nowhere into the rear of my truck :Eeek:I was probably doing less than 2 mph and as soon as I touched her I stopped.It flipped her off her seat onto car park floor but the buggy did not go over and remained upright.All this happened in front of a cop getting sarnies :Doh: She claimed she was alright and wanted to get up and continue her shopping on her buggy but the copper insisted she have a ambulance to check her over :thumb: No marks on her buggy or truck but she has a very slight graze on her elbow :Sad: main thing is she is OK.:thumb:paramedics came to check her out while plod checked vehicle,ins,and licence then gave me a breath test ::bigsmile:All OK :thumb:
Do I get charged for paramedic/ambulance ?I know I have to notify my ins just in case she makes a claim but she was insistent she did not want or need ambulance.All happened on a private car park (asda) so will I have to pay ambulance fee?
terry

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
No mate.. apart from anything else you never called them, the woman did not want them either.

But, having been a passenger TWICE when something similar happened, I can say that no one got a bill at all

yorkshirepudding

Free Member
Nov 7, 2009
Pudsey/Leeds
Funster No
MH
Thinking of tenting again
Exp
September '09
.All happened on a private car park (asda)
terry

I don't want to cause you alarm Terry but my understanding is that places such as Asda car park are regarded the same as the public highway. It is an area designated for public use and the same laws apply. Sounds as if you will be okay, she was the major contributor to the mishap if she crossed your path while you were in motion and you have a reliable witness. If the copper had any doubts I'm sure he would have charged you if only to cover himself.

Good luck, fingers crossed.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Thanks for the info guys:thumb: I did not get any witnesses as the copper just asked me to sit in his car straight away -only got chance to see she was OK-never even got to speak to her or anything.She was up and sat in a wheelchair within 1 min,then wheeled off into the office in Asda within a couple of mins for the Paramedic to assess her.A family member rode her buggy home and the Paramedic said he wanted to take her home :thumb:All within ten mins,no doubt the old girl will be back down doing her shopping :Smile:
I will just wait for the accident claims line blokes now :Doh::cry::Sad:The copper said because I was driving a vehicle it is automatically my fault :Doh::whatthe:but he did see it all and said in his opinion no charges will be brought -but then again it would not surprise me if they were.
terry

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Terry
I almost had one on saturday in our morrisons carpark.
If my reversing sensors hadn't gone bleep I would have gone straight into her.
I honestly couldn't see her through my rear view mirror ...she was on one of those small folding mobility scooters.....she didn't even stop just went careering into Morrisons scattering shoppers as she went.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Mega bucks

I smell mega bucks Terry... Duty of care to those in the car park... Public place... I can smell the notes.... Oh well. ... Good job I am retired now... That would have gone some way to my next cruise:Blush:

Bob

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Oh you are lucky Terry, you get double points for old ladies on buggies, only Papajohn would have got you more points.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

May 10, 2012
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Don’t own one.
Exp
Since 2006(1986 VW T25)
Not in the M/H BUT IN MY PICK UP :Eeek:just called at cash machine at ASDA ,as I started to reverse out(less than half length of van ) -checking my mirrors for kids (bad for them hanging around car park)an old dear came from nowhere into the rear of my truck :Eeek:I was probably doing less than 2 mph and as soon as I touched her I stopped.It flipped her off her seat onto car park floor but the buggy did not go over and remained upright.All this happened in front of a cop getting sarnies :Doh: She claimed she was alright and wanted to get up and continue her shopping on her buggy but the copper insisted she have a ambulance to check her over :thumb: No marks on her buggy or truck but she has a very slight graze on her elbow :Sad: main thing is she is OK.:thumb:paramedics came to check her out while plod checked vehicle,ins,and licence then gave me a breath test ::bigsmile:All OK :thumb:
Do I get charged for paramedic/ambulance ?I know I have to notify my ins just in case she makes a claim but she was insistent she did not want or need ambulance.All happened on a private car park (asda) so will I have to pay ambulance fee?
terry
always ask if they are injured and require medical assistance three times in front of a witness,that gives the victim a chance to to get over the shock,if they answer NO get the name and address of witness then the victim cannot claim on your insurance.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
At the risk of upsetting some people I must say that in my teenage days, for knocking an old lady to the ground (causing no damage of course) while reversing would have won you ten "points"... But to do it in front of a copper would get you a 50 "point" bonus...

JJ

Last edited:
OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
always ask if they are injured and require medical assistance three times in front of a witness,that gives the victim a chance to to get over the shock,if they answer NO get the name and address of witness then the victim cannot claim on your insurance.

Never herd of that one,the copper asked her several times and then insisted a ambulance came to check her over:Smile: but she was a plucky old dear (about 80 ish):thumb:apparently she said she felt a fool and just wanted no fuss and to continue her shopping :Smile:
It makes a change for me to get one of them,(buggies) I have been run over/knocked down by 3 of them in the past :Doh:I still will not be surprised if I get a call from a ambulance chasing not retired Bob :Doh:pS don't mean you personally Bob :winky:
terry

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
It never ceases to amaze me how people (abled and disabled) can't see a reversing Vehicle or if they do seenm to want to beat it........I was having this conversation only this morning when I was atempting to reverse and all the people in the car park just walked behind me.......I wouldn't put that much faith in a driver I didn't know :RollEyes:

Hope you hear no more about it.

All the best Rick

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back