Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Link Removed
Well from 34k -not a penny less-now down to25k:Doh: but it is OK he does not need the money :winky: it can stay where it is until next yr ::bigsmile:
Terry
When are you coming out to play Bob? You were on yesterday at 17.34 I can not keep plugging your RV on my own :)

Last edited:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
That's an awful lot of camper van for £25K. Someone just has to buy that.

Why so cheap though, is it simply the fuel consumption that put people off or are they a bit of a white elephant.......:thumb:

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
If ever some one didn't really want to sell something, that's the way to do it.

I doubt if anyone has the time to read it all, never mind go and look at it.

Pete:Cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I was checking post on Malvern yesterday

Link Removed
Well from 34k -not a penny less-now down to25k:Doh: but it is OK he does not need the money :winky: it can stay where it is until next yr ::bigsmile:
Terry
When are you coming out to play Bob? You were on yesterday at 17.34 I can not keep plugging your RV on my own :)

I was checking the posts on Malvern yesterday at 5.30... given the weather forecast Terry... if you think you can not get stuck at Malvern - wrong... But I am hoping... no praying it is not as bad as Peterborough.. could it be? I am using a power chair this time not the scooter so rain scares me.

RIGHT: RV

Thanks for the plug Terry... yes it is now £24,999 but you will see it is much more down to barebones... but that in it's self will beat an European motorhome hands down.

Yes I have had silly offers.. had various vans offered in PX ... I need to buy separately a suitable vehicle like a Vaneo to carry my power chair .. had some real bad ones offered.

As of today at 15.20 there were 52 people with it on there watch list.. and 1,842 page turners.

Last time round less had less on the watch list (33) but 3,000 page turners.

We tried a shorten advert for 5 days to see if that changed things.. just the basic's .. no made no difference. Except one idiot that must have sent me 10 emails and has no idea what an RV is about..... I would not with a clear conscious selling it to someone like that in any case.

It is on Ebay and in Auto Trader....

I have loss the Toy hauler I had marked down to me.. so it does not matter now... I will sell it now or next year... NO TERRY it is not the money.. it is the space I have sold the big trailer, but cannot have another RV here until this one goes.. as the toy hauler deal has fallen through I will just plod along with selling it... either as advertised or with all the goodies.

It is a lot of RV for the money and yes if anyone wants to have a look at Malvern pop a long and take a nose.

Why have I been quite for so long? By the way thanks to you that emailed me, p.m'd me and telephoned me. Those of you know the reasons and that is enough said.

I may post from time to time, but have decided to just sit back and read again now and then. MHF is not all I do in my life. The RV is important to me, but again I have a life outside it.

I am looking forward to meeting up with some of our friends at Malvern... but we have decided to do very few shows next year if at all. Once the RV has gone we will hunt out a toy hauler and we have some travel plans given Sue leaves the NHS for the second time in March when the government does away with the PCT's .. it is time we did some of those long haul tours we have talked about for the past 28 years of owning RV's and motor homes.

My disability means that I am at the end of the road with the present RV... So it is time for it to go to a new home. All I know is who ever gets it will get one hell of a lot of motor home for the money, and as many know my RV is in tip top condition with all the toys. AND Terry no it is not going down any more in price..even the PX has now gone from the words.

I hate to see it sit on the drive doing nothing... but this year it went to the mud bath at Peterborough (NEVER AGAIN) and a three week trip to France ... Plus Malvern... not 1,000 miles in total.... it still is under 20k on the clock.

But to address another posters remarks about cost of running them? No I just think that is the reason....... the UK has at long last woken up to the double dip recession and money is hard to find. This will be one show I doubt we will be buying anything... Peterborough I only purchased a £200 knife set... and a lot of Cobb bricks for my cobb unit.. but otherwise I did not spend any money.. I think next weekend it will be much the same... I have it all for the RV and unless I really need it or want it I doubt I will be showing the queen day light. .. yes could do with one of the other knives the chap had at Peterborough... I like cooking. The paring knife is next on the list.

And yes Clive.. I have the SA food loaded in the freezer. plus your cobb bricks and plenty for the BBQ beside.

And lastly you will all be pleased to hear I am not bring the steel guitar or the Ukulele.

Do come and say hi to me at the show... the power wheelchair is not as easy to use on grass as a scooter (ask Smudger)...

Bob

Last edited:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Well Bob, all I can say is the very best of luck this time, coz at that price it has to be a very good buy for some-one.

I know Old Mo's is similar to the one I rented in the States, but over there I didn't give a lot of thought to the fuel consumption. Any way, I'm confident you won't own that for much longer, she's a beaut...........:thumb:

Griffs

Free Member
Aug 15, 2007
SOUTH WALES
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2007
I was checking the posts on Malvern yesterday at 5.30... given the weather forecast Terry... if you think you can not get stuck at Malvern - wrong... But I am hoping... no praying it is not as bad as Peterborough.. could it be? I am using a power chair this time not the scooter so rain scares me.

RIGHT: RV

Thanks for the plug Terry... yes it is now £24,999 but you will see it is much more down to barebones... but that in it's self will beat an European motorhome hands down.

Yes I have had silly offers.. had various vans offered in PX ... I need to buy separately a suitable vehicle like a Vaneo to carry my power chair .. had some real bad ones offered.

As of today at 15.20 there were 52 people with it on there watch list.. and 1,842 page turners.

Last time round less had less on the watch list (33) but 3,000 page turners.

We tried a shorten advert for 5 days to see if that changed things.. just the basic's .. no made no difference. Except one idiot that must have sent me 10 emails and has no idea what an RV is about..... I would not with a clear conscious selling it to someone like that in any case.

It is on Ebay and in Auto Trader....

I have loss the Toy hauler I had marked down to me.. so it does not matter now... I will sell it now or next year... NO TERRY it is not the money.. it is the space I have sold the big trailer, but cannot have another RV here until this one goes.. as the toy hauler deal has fallen through I will just plod along with selling it... either as advertised or with all the goodies.

It is a lot of RV for the money and yes if anyone wants to have a look at Malvern pop a long and take a nose.

Why have I been quite for so long? By the way thanks to you that emailed me, p.m'd me and telephoned me. Those of you know the reasons and that is enough said.

I may post from time to time, but have decided to just sit back and read again now and then. MHF is not all I do in my life. The RV is important to me, but again I have a life outside it.

I am looking forward to meeting up with some of our friends at Malvern... but we have decided to do very few shows next year if at all. Once the RV has gone we will hunt out a toy hauler and we have some travel plans given Sue leaves the NHS for the second time in March when the government does away with the PCT's .. it is time we did some of those long haul tours we have talked about for the past 28 years of owning RV's and motor homes.

My disability means that I am at the end of the road with the present RV... So it is time for it to go to a new home. All I know is who ever gets it will get one hell of a lot of motor home for the money, and as many know my RV is in tip top condition with all the toys. AND Terry no it is not going down any more in price..even the PX has now gone from the words.

I hate to see it sit on the drive doing nothing... but this year it went to the mud bath at Peterborough (NEVER AGAIN) and a three week trip to France ... Plus Malvern... not 1,000 miles in total.... it still is under 20k on the clock.

But to address another posters remarks about cost of running them? No I just think that is the reason....... the UK has at long last woken up to the double dip recession and money is hard to find. This will be one show I doubt we will be buying anything... Peterborough I only purchased a £200 knife set... and a lot of Cobb bricks for my cobb unit.. but otherwise I did not spend any money.. I think next weekend it will be much the same... I have it all for the RV and unless I really need it or want it I doubt I will be showing the queen day light. .. yes could do with one of the other knives the chap had at Peterborough... I like cooking. The paring knife is next on the list.

And yes Clive.. I have the SA food loaded in the freezer. plus your cobb bricks and plenty for the BBQ beside.

And lastly you will all be pleased to hear I am not bring the steel guitar or the Ukulele.

Do come and say hi to me at the show... the power wheelchair is not as easy to use on grass as a scooter (ask Smudger)...

Bob

Well stated Bob. The MHF Forum can be a very useful place, but lately Muppets comes to mind, as in Statler & Waldorf (Hecklers from The Balcony!) Nobody minds good natured banter but carping & heckling can be extremely wearing

Look forward to seeing you in Malvern :thumb:

Clive & Rhian

Griffs

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
It is such a damned shame you cannot seem to get the worth of your van Bob..
All joshing aside about size etc, it really is one hell of a lot of vehicle for that money...and yes, a decent size too :thumb:
I guess it is the sign of the economic climate when sush a bargain is not being picked up on :Sad:

Billy23

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
On a planet...far, ....far away.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995
Well stated Bob. The MHF Forum can be a very useful place, but lately Muppets comes to mind, as in Statler & Waldorf (Hecklers from The Balcony!) Nobody minds good natured banter but carping & heckling can be extremely wearing

Look forward to seeing you in Malvern :thumb:

Clive & Rhian

Griffs

Well said, Bob I have never met you but I am on a tour doing part of UK and will drop into Malvern on Friday and hope to meet up with you.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Day visitors

Well said, Bob I have never met you but I am on a tour doing part of UK and will drop into Malvern on Friday and hope to meet up with you.

Hope you do make it... But normally security will not let day visitors through the gate in to the camping area.. They demand to see a wrist band... They do not ask to see them the other way.. At times the two gates seem to have no one on duty... Just kick of the time... My mobile number is in my eBay advert and I can be contacted via that at the show... Going to play also with my mifi.

Regards

Bob

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
May I be the first to say welcome back Bob :thumb:::bigsmile:I am glad you have stopped throwing the toys out :Smile: I missed the banter ::bigsmile: Yes there is life other than on fun but it is better for you being on :thumb:::bigsmile:I still do not believe 15 mpg :winky: but then again it is only 23' 9 "
terry

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Have no issues with the banter Terry

May I be the first to say welcome back Bob :thumb:::bigsmile:I am glad you have stopped throwing the toys out :Smile: I missed the banter ::bigsmile: Yes there is life other than on fun but it is better for you being on :thumb:::bigsmile:I still do not believe 15 mpg :winky: but then again it is only 23' 9 "
terry

I had no issues with the batter Terry... As Clive (Griffs) said it is the hecklers ...

Yes .. Hand on heart it does 15 mpg including the genny use.... As you say it is 23'9" and it is only 5.5 tons all up .... The same engine in the 34' RV's. .. As it is a baby and can do that sort on MPG... And no that is not a Buttons dog tail (tale)...

But I will not be posting so often Terry...do not wants third strike from JIM do I... Would mean I have to find another site or even worse start my own:winky:

But thanks for the plug... I checked the advert and after your plug and my reply the page turns shot up. Shame none of them have any money:Blush:

Bob

Last edited:
OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
I had no issues with the batter Terry... As Clive (Griffs) said it is the hecklers ...

Yes .. Hand on heart it does 15 mpg including the genny use.... As you say it is 23'9" and it is only 5.5 tons all up .... The same engine in the 34' RV's. .. As it is a baby and can do that sort on MPG... And no that is not a Buttons dog tail (tale)...

But I will not be posting so often Terry...do not wants third strike from JIM do I... Would mean I have to find another site or even worse start my own:winky:

But thanks for the plug... I checked the advert and after your plug and my reply the page turns shot up. Shame none of them have any money:Blush:

Bob
I think if it had got LPG/engine conversion it would have sold by now :thumb:After all as you say it is only euro size -just the yank v10 engine that is holding it back,then again it is beginning to get to the price where it will be worth somebody buying and doing the LPG conversion :thumb:::bigsmile::winky:
terry

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
When I was into yachts there was a saying :
The two best days of owning your boat :
The day you buy it and the day you sell it

Probably applies to MHs

Very nice van (wish I had a slideout), downside the V10 and no fixed bed.

If anything I would say that too many extras are listed, if it were a house the advice would be to 'de-personalise'

Bought my 9 year old eurovan last year - only 'extras' were EHU cable and full gas bottle, apart from that the van was 'standard' - well spec'd when new but absolutely nothing added in 8 years.

Not many enjoy the selling process but best of luck with selling yours

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
When I was into yachts there was a saying :
The two best days of owning your boat :
The day you buy it and the day you sell it

Probably applies to MHs

Very nice van (wish I had a slideout), downside the V10 and no fixed bed.

If anything I would say that too many extras are listed, if it were a house the advice would be to 'de-personalise'

Bought my 9 year old eurovan last year - only 'extras' were EHU cable and full gas bottle, apart from that the van was 'standard' - well spec'd when new but absolutely nothing added in 8 years.

Not many enjoy the selling process but best of luck with selling yours

You have said what I have been thinking for a while, but would'nt say. With so many add on's it has been "Customised" to Bob's own requirements.
If you do want/need the extras they are worth nothing.
I have added a few bit to my own bus, Solar Panel, Bike Rack, Sat System and a few smaller bits. Despite spending around a £1000 I doubt it adds much value if any. But it may help sell it when the time comes.

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
terry
i have a 27foot RV with a chevey V8 7.4Ltr AND I GET 15MPG SO YOU CAN BELIEVE BOB

WHY SHOULD HE LIE ???????
IF HE SOLD IT AND STATED IN HIS ADVERT THE BUYER COULD SUE HIM

YOU NEED TO TRY BEFORE YOU HAVE SO MUCH NONSENSE TO SAY ABOUT THE SUBJECT
I GET 20mpg on LPG you do the maths ???
69pence a lltr 4.8ltr = 1 gallon
RVs are not as expensive to run as you so stupidly think

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
A lot of very well specced van for the money but some ebay lookers are generally a waste of space.

Had a nice Hymer on there and some twit offered me £15k against a screen price of £26k:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Good luck Bob

Peter

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
If you list so many 'extras' the buyer might feel that the 'extras' are included in the asking price. I would list the van (at the same price) with less detail with the 'extras' thrown in giving the buyer the impression that the 'extras' are free.

Aim the advertising at those that would have the same reason as you for buying the van - access to bathroom? - slideout gives more useable space - for a couple rather than a family - ......................

Ebay, for MHs, should be used as a cheap advert - which it is. Any genuine buyer will want to view - idiots will bid you, item unseen - just ignore them or ask them to view.

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
i have a 27foot RV with a chevey V8 7.4Ltr AND I GET 15MPG SO YOU CAN BELIEVE BOB

Hi MHL I had a 5.7ltr ram pick up weighing 21/2 ton ish and never got above 12 mpg driving like I had eggs under my feet ::bigsmile:No one will convince me they are getting 15 mpg from a yank M/H :Doh:Even your figures do not add up :Eeek:you claim you get 15 MPG yet you then claim 20 MPG on gas :Doh:Well for your info I have had a couple of gas vehicles and they did just short of double MPG = petrol /gas IE 15 mpg petrol to equivalent about 28 mpg on gas
I challenge you to come and follow me to a petrol station- fill up :thumb: and then follow me around for the day or go on a 100/200 mile run then brim up again :thumb:We will then see who's MPG figures are right :Eeek:If I win you pay for both vans juice and if you win I will pay for it :thumb:You are both delusional if you think you are getting 15 mpg on petrol but you may just about get the= 20 mpg on gas ::bigsmile:The only way you get the sort of MPG figures you claim is if you coast a lot or drop the van off a cliff
terry

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Yes Gail

You really mean to tell me I could have afforded it after all !!!!!!

Tough luck too late now

Yes Gail.. but with a lot of the expensive items removed. I note what people say.... I can take off only so much.. cannot remove such items as the alarms, the roof sat, the sterling... I would not remove back up cameras.. could.. but I am letting it go at a very low price now and the items left on enhance it rather than reduce the value.. the second part of the lists on ebay can and will be removed but if a new owner wants them they can haggle for them.

Anyway it will be at Malvern.

Bob

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
I recently drove a new 30ft RV on the Ford Triton V10 for 3000 miles from Chicago to Las Vegas . Petrol only it just made 12mpg (UK mpg that is)
My own RV on the same Ford V10 engine on a 2000 mile trip in Spain earlier in the year produced 10mpg on lpg , price equivalent of approaching 18mpg.:Smile:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
This thread has opened my eyes...

I didn`t have you down in my books as a "Stupid" person Terry...:Eeek:

Have I missed some thing along the way...? :winky::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

(Quote)YOU NEED TO TRY BEFORE YOU HAVE SO MUCH NONSENSE TO SAY ABOUT THE SUBJECT
RVs are not as expensive to run as you so stupidly think (Unquote)
:Eeek:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
agree with you 100%

For some reason everyone thinks Yanks drink fuel... given the size's they are do OK.

I have now 11,000 miles in mine at the average is 15 mpg including using the generator at weekends at shows. ... that is 11,000 in four seasons and a number of trips to the South of France up through the mountains.. yes it drops to 10 mpg then.. but on the open roads it returns between 14 and 15... I used to have an A class that returned 6 mpg... so this is luxury.

But at this price I am giving it away... £29,999 .. the extras haggle.. look at the ebay link if you want the details.. be prepared to read a lot.. but then there is a lot.

If you want to know about fitting LPG speak to Clive (The Griffs) he had it fitted to his Winnebago Aspect 26 (bigger brother of mine) he took it to Spain and France.. ask him about the cost of having it done and the benefits. I looked at the cost of having it fitted and felt I could spend the £4k better and do a lot of miles for that sort of money.

But everyone to there own views.....

Thanks to all of you that p.m'd me and welcomed me back.. thanks all.

Bob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
but mine is 23'9"

I recently drove a new 30ft RV on the Ford Triton V10 for 3000 miles from Chicago to Las Vegas . Petrol only it just made 12mpg (UK mpg that is)
My own RV on the same Ford V10 engine on a 2000 mile trip in Spain earlier in the year produced 10mpg on lpg , price equivalent of approaching 18mpg.:Smile:

Larry, remember you were driving a E450 with hire spec.. that has heavier floors (heavy duty wear) and other things that make Cruise America RV's a tad heavy.

Now mine is on the E350.. a small (length wise) chassis and only has a single slide.

I have no reason to say I am getting more than I get to the gallon... If it was 10 I would say so. I presume anyone who was going to buy an RV does not have to really consider the issue's

I am sure most RV owners would agree it is not about the MPG but the what the experience is about. If the mpg frightens you then do not look at one.

But at this price if you wanted you could have LPG fitted and then you would be happy.. of fit solar power:ROFLMAO: seriously... This Aspect is very good on fuel... still under 20k miles and have had it serviced and babied and I think it is also in the way you look after your goods... dome satellite cuts the wind resistance down compared to a normal jack up type.. all in the melting pot so to speak.

I do not think Terry's views are unfounded, perhaps he is just not fully aware of all the issues.

Bob

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
This thread has opened my eyes...

I didn`t have you down in my books as a "Stupid" person Terry...:Eeek:

Have I missed some thing along the way...? :winky::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

(Quote)YOU NEED TO TRY BEFORE YOU HAVE SO MUCH NONSENSE TO SAY ABOUT THE SUBJECT
RVs are not as expensive to run as you so stupidly think (Unquote)
:Eeek:

I am far from stupid MO -I also know the 4.54 ltrs = 1 gallon :winky: and MHL claims = 20 mpg on gas may be near enough but then he would be getting around 11 or 12 mpg on petrol not the claimed 15 :Eeek: Even Bob is now saying 10 mpg on mountains but 15 mpg on open roads ? well to achieve 15 mpg he needs to do 20 mpg on open rds for every one he does on mountains :thumb:
The challenge is still open to them both using petrol with brim to brim filling :thumb:::bigsmile:
terry
edit we can go from my house to Whitby for the day that's 90 miles each way prob 20 % hills and 80% flat ish m/way

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
Advert

Trying to help here
I did consider buying a C class RV and mpg was not an issue, given the mileage likely to be covered.
The issue for me was price - a modern American C class with a fixed bed was about twice the price as my eurovan, and at 30' a bit too long for my driveway.
The space in an RV is the big plus especially with slideouts and all the 'extras' fitted as standard, aircon, proper shower room, decent kitchen area, large fridge/freezer, built in generator large waste and fresh water tanks - no cassette for the toilet - basically a much betterspace to live and tour in.
One other thing that would put me off even viewing a MH was a lot of clutter, full larder and fridge, toileteries left out - looks like it's lived in full-time, not moved very often.
Back to the advert. You are right to list the extras, but just a list, it took me some time to find the generator - which only gets a bit more than a line - too much detail hides the main positive points.
Slideout
Aircon/central heating
Satellite
Air suspension
Gennie
Awning
Mileage
New tyres
Sometimes less is more - good luck again

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
yes it is always brim to brim

I am far from stupid MO -I also know the 4.54 ltrs = 1 gallon :winky: and MHL claims = 20 mpg on gas may be near enough but then he would be getting around 11 or 12 mpg on petrol not the claimed 15 :Eeek: Even Bob is now saying 10 mpg on mountains but 15 mpg on open roads ? well to achieve 15 mpg he needs to do 20 mpg on open rds for every one he does on mountains :thumb:
The challenge is still open to them both using petrol with brim to brim filling :thumb:::bigsmile:
terry

Yes Terry my tank is always brim to brim.. in fact if anyone purchased it over this weekend they would have had £500 of fuel and LPG on board.

The run to the South of France is normal roads except the cut across the Tarn Gouge and that on a 700 run is a not a lot.. may be 30 miles. But I did monitor that the fuel for that leg was 10 mpg. I alway re fill when the tank drops to the 3/4 mark ..always have done.. so I filled in Flour and again in Mende and Florec .. both ways.

In general use I fill on the way out 12 miles down the road at the 24 hour Tesco in Sevenoaks and on approach to any show ground so I have full tanks for generator use.. and I fill on leaving a show and again back at Sevenoaks on the way in if it is at the 3/4 mark or less. So over 11,000 miles it is 14.80 mpg .. that is why I say 14/15 mpg and that is with generator use. I do not do a Buttons and claim 99 mpg:winky: But to be honest Terry I do not need to justfy what the RV does.. I give it as a guide. I could stay silent on the subject. But if you read the information I have on ebay and note there are no questions asked... I try and be honest and tell everything there is about the RV ... I want the next owner to enjoy his purchase.. by the way have you seen the large feedback i have on ebay ..all 100% over 11 years.. all positive.. I try and deal with issues like this in an honourable way and that does not mean I mislead people on how many mpg it does.

Bob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
tried that

Trying to help here
I did consider buying a C class RV and mpg was not an issue, given the mileage likely to be covered.
The issue for me was price - a modern American C class with a fixed bed was about twice the price as my eurovan, and at 30' a bit too long for my driveway.
The space in an RV is the big plus especially with slideouts and all the 'extras' fitted as standard, aircon, proper shower room, decent kitchen area, large fridge/freezer, built in generator large waste and fresh water tanks - no cassette for the toilet - basically a much betterspace to live and tour in.
One other thing that would put me off even viewing a MH was a lot of clutter, full larder and fridge, toileteries left out - looks like it's lived in full-time, not moved very often.
Back to the advert. You are right to list the extras, but just a list, it took me some time to find the generator - which only gets a bit more than a line - too much detail hides the main positive points.
Slideout
Aircon/central heating
Satellite
Air suspension
Gennie
Awning
Mileage
New tyres
Sometimes less is more - good luck again

I tried that.. did it for 5 days and same situation.. heard from no one.

I have it on auto trader and Ebay and I will have it at Malvern.. after that it goes in to winter mode until next year..... worry about it then.. it is taxed until end February and insured until end of June.. so it is just the electric to the sterling to keep the batteries topped up.. so it will not cost me anymore to just park it up.... same value next year.

Bob

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
terry

I think your money is safe.
My last RV was a 2008 29ft B plus class on a Ford E450 and I never got out of single figures fuel consumption would have been cheaper to fly::bigsmile:
Fantastic vehicle with every facility I loved it but just too expensive to run all round, especially in the cold it eat gas but it does'nt get that cold in Florida does it.
Glad I got out of Rvs when I did, I still like them (and would love a slide on our Hymer) but don't suit our travelling style.

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
I tried that.. did it for 5 days and same situation.. heard from no one.

I have it on auto trader and Ebay and I will have it at Malvern.. after that it goes in to winter mode until next year..... worry about it then.. it is taxed until end February and insured until end of June.. so it is just the electric to the sterling to keep the batteries topped up.. so it will not cost me anymore to just park it up.... same value next year.

Bob

Bought mine after seeing it on ebay. Most MHs don't 'sell' on ebay.
Recently sold an expensive item on ebay, took 3 classified ads (cheap, last for 28 days) but got full asking price in the end, after a few silly offers.
If you just store it, without advertising, a possible buyer might be missed - just leave the ad on, don't reduce the price and 'forget it' - if there is someone out there they will contact you.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back