Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Took this ten minutes ago, good job I have a big dog!::bigsmile: I need to make some hay this weekend.

Rocky.jpg

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Best be quick:winky: it's goin' to rain. Don't want to get mould spores.

Ours in the barn about a fortnight now::bigsmile:

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Won't rain here for a while yet, summer only started yesterday::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Dont worry the Olympics end Sunday you'll be able to leave the telly then and catch up::bigsmile: thats what I keep telling Jan anyway:thumb:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Regular size bales 40 to the ton about £3.50 a bale off the field, roundbales £20-£25 why do you ask?

Too late to make hay this week forscat rain tomorrow afternoon (after our camping field hay is baled)

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2010
Essex / central France
Funster No
MH
Hymer Star Line 680
Exp
9 years
Regular size bales 40 to the ton about £3.50 a bale off the field, roundbales £20-£25 [HI]why do you ask?[/HI]
Too late to make hay this week forscat rain tomorrow afternoon (after our camping field hay is baled)

Last Thursday we travelled from central France (Moulins) to St Dizier and back. It was through the northern Auvergne, the higher part of Burgundy into the edge of the Vosges, all very rural and in the main hilly regions (and very beautiful it was too).

We have noticed this year that the amount of fields used for hay has increased in our local region the Auvergne, and wondered if the poor hay crop from last year was the reason?

On our trip to St Dizier we saw so many hay trucks and trailers moving (as against tractor and trailer) and that all were French. We then wondered that even if only moving say 50 km how was it viable to move hay any distance as it wasn't valuable enough? The amount of hay seen baled in fields was an exceptional amount, it made me wonder what was the reason and financial was one guess.

We have had hay taken from our small fields this week by our neighbouring farmer, it's always in 1.5 m round bales. last year he got 3 bales, this year he got 17 from the same amount of land, amazing.

He trims our hedges (about 800m long) for the hay so we are very happy, also wondered if he made a loss last year and did well this year. It looks as though it all averages out to me.

Sorry for such a long detailed answer, but you asked.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I Need To Cut My Grass Too...

Good job I have got a big Frog...

JJ :Cool:

Attachments

• Grass Needs Cutting. Frankie at QMJ.jpg
    Grass Needs Cutting. Frankie at QMJ.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 22

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
We have noticed this year that the amount of fields used for hay has increased in our local region the Auvergne, and wondered if the poor hay crop from last year was the reason?

Last year a shortage so prices rise, this year everyone jumps on the hay wagon (so to speak) hoping the high price will continue.

Next year they will not bother as the price will have fallen, so shortage again. :ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back