bentley in liquidation (1 Viewer)

Oct 5, 2009
anglesey
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
since 1999
Report in this months MMM Bentley motorhomes are in liquidation.
The receivers are looking for buyers for the business with the hope of saving employees jobs.
Hope this does not affect any small suppliers who are usually the first ones to suffer when receivers are involved.

dave e

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Not to mention the outstanding warranties.

It was a very brave venture given the economic climate.

steveclecy

Free Member
Jun 10, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since June 2009
I find it very sad - particularly as other Funsters have commented here about the quality of Customer Service. Let us hope that a buyer can be found.

Steve

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
The bosses did not have a great track record for business lets face it, making a nice motorhome, good customer service is not enough

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
Nice vans, but not outstanding. They didn't look any better built than all the rest of the Brit. Boxes.

Not different enough to justify the price and that could the reason.

Pete:Cool:

weejocky

Funster
Jan 20, 2010
Yorkshire and France
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
not long enough
Nice vans, but not outstanding. They didn't look any better built than all the rest of the Brit. Boxes.

Not different enough to justify the price and that could the reason.

Pete:Cool:

I agree, we looked at them, the build quality inside was OK, but they looked blocky and boxy on the outside, nothing to differentiate them from other Brit motorhomes. not surprised they have gone.

SilverF1

Free Member
Nov 14, 2010
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
7 years and upwards
I find it very sad - particularly as other Funsters have commented here about the quality of Customer Service. Let us hope that a buyer can be found.

Steve

Liquidation is a full winding up of the company and different to going into administration. Under these circumstances the receivers do not look for a buyer.

It's a sorry mess indeed for the creditors and those with warranty problems.

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
Sad news.........but Bentley offered nothing new and were at the top end cost wise. Lets hope someone picks them up. But with existing ranges and manufacturing lines what might they be buying ? Tough times are going to see the weak go to the wall.

Makes you wonder who's new motorhome makes the safest buy ?

barry

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Report in this months MMM Bentley motorhomes are in liquidation.
The receivers are looking for buyers for the business with the hope of saving employees jobs.
Hope this does not affect any small suppliers who are usually the first ones to suffer when receivers are involved.

dave e

Hi, where in MMM is the article regarding Bentley?? Just had some work done on mine two
weeks ago and talked to Richard and all appeared fine.
Thanks.

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Very sad about Bentley Motorhomes and all the loyal owners. I for one own a Bentley and there dozens of others in the same situation. Our reason for buying was possibly the brand that followed on from our reliable Autocruise vans of which we had two.
No doubt they will find someone to take over but the climate is very rough for the motorhome manufacturers. It appears some top names are having great difficulty re-financing to stay afloat so Bentley could be just the start of some BIG closures this year.

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
I got caught out once and mow never leave a deposit
i always write on it "Part payment

they have to refund part payments as they do not have any rights to keep it

in similar when paying by cheque i would write on the back once presented to bankers it was in full and final settlement of any outstanding amount

that one has saved me many pounds over the years not so easy now as cheques are not so much used

Not so bad if it was via credit card in excess of ÂŁ100

I always paY deposits via credit card :thumb:

:thumb::thumb:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Bentley were rumoured to be struggling months ago so no big surprise :whatthe:A mate even got offered 100 m/h sinks from them 3 mths back for a tenner a sink (take the lot) so were they back up to there old tricks of buying say 200 to get them at the right price and only using 100 ?(just like they did when they were involved with Autocruse) No doubt that the Bentley's will be gutted that there firm has gone to the wall but what about all the workers and suppliers they will have no doubt taken with them?I will wager the bosses got there money salted away before going bust,or paying the suppliers :Eeek:
Since they are in liquidation that means assets will be sold so there could be some good bargains on parts around -pity they always sell by he pallet full :Doh:
How long do they have to wait to phoenix ?
terry

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
We feel very jinxed about motorhome purchases. We bought a Buccaneer, they went bang, an Autocruise and they went and now a Bentley. I hope this isn't someone telling me to do something sensible with my hard earned cash. Maybe it would be better off given to Jim so he could handle it in a sensible fashion, or even distribute it amongst you Funsters, in your dreams.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
self build is the way .costs less .and less to lose if you go bankrupt.
and you can have just what you want. or need .

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
I would not worry Wilf your G/TEE is with the supplying dealer :thumb::winky: It is the dealer who will loose out :winky: unless they try to say because Bentley gone bust they will not honour warranty -tough on there part- you still have rights for redress.
To be honest I don't think you will have much problem as most things like windows,fridge,cooker heaters etc are all covered by manufactures g/tee it is only the cupboard works that they will struggle getting replacements for,and even they will be pretty bog standard-I am fairly sure they bought units in from Italy ::bigsmile:
terry

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
How about you choosing my next van Brian? You could become my agent but without commission. I'm sure you would make the right decision!!!!!
Wilf

What's wrong with your Bentley ?

Only criticism I've seen is trivial about arty design features.

But if you must Hymer/Burstner.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back