Demountable Insurance problems. Any advice please? (1 Viewer)

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
My friend takes delivery of his demountable this weekend and is struggling with insurance.

Half the companies don't know what a demountable is and insist on knowing how many axles.

The one that does know what it is want to insure both the vehicle and the demountable and won't insure the demountable when it isn't attached.

Phil who is buying it has a pickup that is used for work and has works insurance. He only wants to insure the demountable.

Does anyone know an insurance company that will do this please? He picks it up Friday and is getting desperate now :Sad:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
I am sure there is a joke in there somewhere about needing a mountable but I am not going that far:ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
lots dont bother just insure the pickup. its covered when on the vehicle . even 5ers dont have to have their own cover .but are covered when being towed. nfu. camptons . norwich union . lots do cover them.

OP
OP
Gromett
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
He has given up. I even phoned round all the usual suspects and asked to speak to supervisors/managers etc...

He is going to get combined insurance tomorrow as it is seriously too much stress inducing messing around to get it insured separately.

I bet though that all the insurers say it is only covered when connected to the vehicle:Doh::Doh::Doh:

Thanks to Pamela and Nigel for the PM also..

Cheers Guys.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Ring Camptons, they cover all sorts and are the insurers that one of the 5th wheel dealers that also do demountables recommend

Link Removed

OP
OP
Gromett
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Ring Camptons, they cover all sorts and are the insurers that one of the 5th wheel dealers that also do demountables recommend

Link Removed

Camptons will only do combined vehicle and demountable. The won't just insure the demountable. There are also issue over work use for the vehicle when not attached.

I also tried
AdrianFlux
caravan guard
NFU
Safe Guard
Tower Gate Bakers
Amongst many others....

He is getting insurance for the combined job from the people who do his works insurance to keep things simple..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back