Aug 6, 2012
Fleetwood, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2012
Hi, From me and my wife Karen in sunny Oldham,
We are ex caravan owners of many years converted to motorhomes having just purchased a new Swift Sundance 620fb about 2 weeks ago. Just had our first trip out in her (Scarborough) and really enjoyed it.
I am a serving Police Officer ( don't hold it against me please ) with Greater Manchester Police and looking forward to Retirement in less than 4 years time.
Just a qiuck question well i'm on,
Tried tuning the TV in whilst away and struggled getting a signal,( motorhome has a TV bracket,ariel socket etc),cannot find a TV ariel anywhere on the motorhome. Our caravan had status ariel and expected the motorhome to have something similar but no ariel can be found. Am I being stupid thinking it should have an ariel? Does it have some sort of internal ariel?.
Even had the wife sticking her head through the open roof light to check the roof. Ha Ha.::bigsmile:

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Hi Gary. You're not the only policeman on here or soon to be ex policeman. I'm glad you had a good trip to scarborough. Nice at the north end.

Is the aerial socket in the van? Do you need cable from the tv to the socket inside. If the socket is inside, it must come out somewhere for a previous owner to fix their aerial to. Is there no outside socket?

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Sorry, it whizzed off before I could say:-

:welcomefunster::welcomefunster::welcomefunster::welcomefunster:

Ivy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello and welcome to Fun :welcomefunster:

OP
OP
GaryW

GaryW

Free Member
Aug 6, 2012
Fleetwood, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2012
The motor home has an internal aerial socket to connect with the TV but no aerial on the roof. The motor home is brand new. I find it very confusing. It either has some sort of internal aeriel or the aeriel is missing/ doesn't have one fitted from new. Gary

pablomc

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2010
Durham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Hi Gary,

Welcome to the site. An aerial is not standard equipment from swift, so unless you asked your dealer to fit, it ain't got one. Chances are the socket you have connected to is cabled to the wardrobe ready for an aerial and amp installation.

Hope that helps. :thumb:

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
Welcome to the fun,

Swift spec. "TV station with flatscreen bracket 230V, 12V supply and co-ax link to outside connector."

So there must be a Co-ax connection on an outside wall.

Most of the Ariels that manufacturers fitted were rubbish anyway.

Spend a few Quid and get yourself a good one.

Pete:Cool:

Last edited:

stevensson10

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
normanton
Funster No
MH
fiat ducatti auto rller 5
Exp
im a newbie
hi i had a similar problem ididnt realise that the switch for the arial was in the wardrobe and had to be on before the tv would come on also i had to retune the tv before i could get a picture but as far as the arial goes i would have thought this would have been visible if i were you i would get in touch with the people you bought it from they should put you right i know its no fun without one my wife will bear testemony to that we our selves are new to motorhoming and loving it hope you do regards steve n sue:Smile:

OP
OP
GaryW

GaryW

Free Member
Aug 6, 2012
Fleetwood, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2012
Had a very unhappy word with the dealer who tells me it does not have an aeriel fitted as standard,so thats over 40 grand of my hard earned wongo spent and they cant even fit a poxy aeriel.(rant over):cry:
Anyway made arrangements to have aeriel fitted,(not by dealer) hopefully on friday.Just the Status jobby,the sat dish will have to wait.:winky:.
Thanks for all your replies by the way:thumb:

Mar 18, 2012
Loch Lomond Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
TV aerial

Hi Gary,
Welcome to the site, its a great, friendly way of getting in touch with fellow Motorhomers, and so informative I joined just a short wihile ago and find it fascinating, with people from all walks of life, right round around the spectrum, and the amount of experience, knowledge etc that members have and are willing to share, is wonderful,
I too, think that no aerial is supllied as standard on your m/h, so the options are, an aerial as supplied by many companies or go for a satelite system which generally includes a sat dish, which will off course pick up all the signals you are likely to require,
I just started with a motorhome this year and bought the sat system and tv, but have not had chance to get out and try them yet, so I too may be seeking advice soon !,
Retired last week so will be using the m/h as it should be used ( most of the time ! ) and planning trip down to your area this week to visit family and friends ,
All the best,
Ken.:thumb:

Hi, From me and my wife Karen in sunny Oldham,
We are ex caravan owners of many years converted to motorhomes having just purchased a new Swift Sundance 620fb about 2 weeks ago. Just had our first trip out in her (Scarborough) and really enjoyed it.
I am a serving Police Officer ( don't hold it against me please ) with Greater Manchester Police and looking forward to Retirement in less than 4 years time.
Just a qiuck question well i'm on,
Tried tuning the TV in whilst away and struggled getting a signal,( motorhome has a TV bracket,ariel socket etc),cannot find a TV ariel anywhere on the motorhome. Our caravan had status ariel and expected the motorhome to have something similar but no ariel can be found. Am I being stupid thinking it should have an ariel? Does it have some sort of internal ariel?.
Even had the wife sticking her head through the open roof light to check the roof. Ha Ha.::bigsmile:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi and welcome to the fun even is you are old bill.
Status antenna, you would be better off with a wire coat hanger.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: A little more research will sort a decent antenna for half the price.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
Had a very unhappy word with the dealer who tells me it does not have an aeriel fitted as standard,so thats over 40 grand of my hard earned wongo spent and they cant even fit a poxy aeriel.(rant over):cry:
Anyway made arrangements to have aeriel fitted,(not by dealer) hopefully on friday.Just the Status jobby,the sat dish will have to wait.:winky:.
Thanks for all your replies by the way:thumb:

Do not get the basic 315 Status omni directional aerial, total waste of money, pay the bit extra for the directional 5 series one, fitting cost will be the same on both of them so pay the bit extra for the far superior one:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back