Calais tunnel and ferry port (1 Viewer)

Julie798

Free Member
Dec 17, 2007
Funster No
Hi
Can anyone tell me how far apart the tunnel and the ferry port are in Calais, :thumb:

N

N Luyetund

Deleted User
Never measured it but if you use google or via michelin maps you'll see that there no more than about 10mins apart:winky:

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi I think tomtom said it was just over 4 miles from Cite Europe which is next to the tunnel.

Olley

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

geofliz

Free Member
Feb 3, 2008
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
L P Coachbuilt
Exp
3 years. 29 as a tugger
Both Previous Replies Are Near Enough. If You Are Trying To Decide Whether To Use The Ferry Or Train Then Go For The Train. It Is Far Better.

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.
Both Previous Replies Are Near Enough. If You Are Trying To Decide Whether To Use The Ferry Or Train Then Go For The Train. It Is Far Better.

Quicker, easier - can't fault the service; though more expensive in our experience.

John

geofliz

Free Member
Feb 3, 2008
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
L P Coachbuilt
Exp
3 years. 29 as a tugger
we did not find much difference in price to the ferry. It was however better than bobbing about in the channel for eleven hours in a storm in June like we did in 2004when Dover was closed because of the conditions. Normally though we travel via Portsmouth or occaisionally Plymouth.

OP
OP
Julie798

Julie798

Free Member
Dec 17, 2007
Funster No
tunnel

Hi

I was asking because we are using the tunnel 2nd March and we will arrive early sunday morning so i was lookingto park up for a while, but the refferences to parking are around the port, and I didn't know how far apart they are, so do I take it i will find the parking easy enough?

Heading to Spain, so any aires recommended on the way would be nice, going via rouen, tours bourdeaux granada :Smile:
Thanks

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi Julie, couple of places to park are Calais Plage aire about 4 miles and the motorhome parking place at Cite Europe, its right next door to the tunnel, and the tunnel police station overlooks it, so I reckon it's pretty safe. Never stayed there as we always go by ferry and head for the Aire as its closer.

Olley

OP
OP
Julie798

Julie798

Free Member
Dec 17, 2007
Funster No
aire

Thanks Olley

I was going to look to find the aire, but i read last week, someone just there, saying it was looking iffy, and was full of gypsie type people, which has now made me a little wary :Sad:

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Julie

Drive straight off of the train onto the motorway and head south towards Boulogne St Martin junction 31. Just off the motorway you will find the Auchan hypermarket where you can safely spend the night on their car park. Its about a 30 minute drive, in the morning you can do your shopping, refuel and be on your way again.

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Thanks Olley

I was going to look to find the aire, but i read last week, someone just there, saying it was looking iffy, and was full of gypsie type people, which has now made me a little wary :Sad:

Hi Julie don't sound to good, must be very recent as we were there 1st Feb this year and it was fine.

Read about the Auchan before Brisey sounds ok, only trouble is I would never get the wife out. ::bigsmile:

Olley

OP
OP
Julie798

Julie798

Free Member
Dec 17, 2007
Funster No
Thanks

Thanks for the replys, it was yesterday I read it, said they were just back, so ill try the one mentioned, if ayone else has any suggestions for aires on the west side, id be gratefull, I am heading rouen, bordeaux granada ::bigsmile:
Thanks again all

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back