Had to visit two French hospitals, now need to pay, but .......... (1 Viewer)

Jul 2, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki Tag, 2007.
Exp
..... can`t figure out how......

First trip to France, in fact first proper holiday in MH and managed to get a nasty eye infection, I think from a new contact lens.

Luckily I went to a small clinic about 30 miles north of Le Mans, Dr there made it quite clear that although it could be a scratch or foreign body, IF it was a infection caused by the contact lens, it was serious. After explaining that I needed to go to a hospital in Le Mans who had the equipment to look at it properly, he said "But You Must Go".

Second hospital said it was a infection, probably caused by the lens and I had to take 3 antibiotic drops every hour for two days and put cream in at night. When I asked what the options were if the drops don`t work he said "You don`t want to know"........ I went back on day 3 and he confirmed that the drops had worked but I had to continue with them every 2 hours for a week and every 4 hours for a second week. All fine now.

Anyway, the real point of the thread is after arriving home I received a bill for 23 Euros from the first clinic, nothing yet from the hospital.

To pay it online I need a `Swift and a IBAN number`. There are numerous numbers on the payment slip including one that starts `FR` and has about 20 numbers/letters, I think that is the IBAN.
Have tried all the others where I need to input the Swift No with no success.

Been into my local branch of Lloyds to ask and they were useless.

Anyone know of another way it can be paid, I do have access to a French national if required, he has loooked and cannot help though with which number I need.

Thanks

Steve

Last edited:

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I know this will be of little help but will bump your post.
You cannot normally pay a foreign account with your online banking.
Going into the bank to arrange a foreign payment will cost more than what the bill is. ! maybe a Fun member could assist if they have a French acc and you re-imburse then to a Uk account. ?. just a thought.

motomike

Free Member
May 2, 2012
East Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
since 2008
Hi,
Have been in this position myself.

I registered on line with Global Web Pay...you pay money into their account online, and they send it on in the correct currency to the IBAN account holder. Seems complex but it isn't really. There's a set fee that was £4.75 earlier this year.

Good luck. motoMike

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Xabia

Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Rural Nottinghamshire and Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996
Paying French hospital

You only need the IBAN number which is the one beginning with FR.

I recently bought some stuff from Goldschmitt in Germany. Had to pay by bank transfer so used my Caxton Fastpay account to do it. Sign up for a Caxton card which is free, then sign up for Fastpay. You can then make the payment using the IBAN number and pay with your sterling debit card. Simples.:Smile:

Mike

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Is it worth asking if they would accept payment by credit card, then it would be relatively straightforward even if you had to telephone them or send a fax with the card details. Obviously, don't put the card details in an email - learnt the hard way about ten years ago and had my cc cloned. :Sad:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
..... can`t figure out how......

First trip to France, in fact first proper holiday in MH and managed to get a nasty eye infection, I think from a new contact lens.

Luckily I went to a small clinic about 30 miles north of Le Mans, Dr there made it quite clear that although it could be a scratch or foreign body, IF it was a infection caused by the contact lens, it was serious. After explaining that I needed to go to a hospital in Le Mans who had the equipment to look at it properly, he said "But You Must Go".

Second hospital said it was a infection, probably caused by the lens and I had to take 3 antibiotic drops every hour for two days and put cream in at night. When I asked what the options were if the drops don`t work he said "You don`t want to know"........ I went back on day 3 and he confirmed that the drops had worked but I had to continue with them every 2 hours for a week and every 4 hours for a second week. All fine now.

Anyway, the real point of the thread is after arriving home I received a bill for 23 Euros from the first clinic, nothing yet from the hospital.

To pay it online I need a `Swift and a IBAN number`. There are numerous numbers on the payment slip including one that starts `FR` and has about 20 numbers/letters, I think that is the IBAN.
Have tried all the others where I need to input the Swift No with no success.

Been into my local branch of Lloyds to ask and they were useless.

Anyone know of another way it can be paid, I do have access to a French national if required, he has loooked and cannot help though with which number I need.

Thanks

Steve

Well Steve if you haven't managed to sort this problem out by now contact me on a pm and I will try to help you.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

june123

Free Member
Jul 12, 2012
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Burstner A class 3 berth
Exp
since 2004 caravans before that
June123

Sounds a bit clumsy but I send travellers cheques to my grandsons in America. I just make them payable to them and sign at both signature places. They deposit them into their cheque accounts. No fee involved. Presumeably there is an account name on the bill you've received. Don't see why it couldn't work. Or send the travellers cheques to your friend in France and he can pay the bill for you using his bank account.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back