Aug 2, 2012
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 1965
Hello
I would just like to introduce myself. I'm an old git who has supported Chelsea all my life, not just when they have money to spend.
We own a lovely Winnebago Aspect, to which I have fitted LPG, Satellite Dome, Rack for electric scooter (e-max). Unfortunately, I have not been able to drive it, since I bought it, owing to a broken wrist with following complications. However, after this appalling Summer, we are determined to Winter away to France/Spain. We have the dog passport, but still need to be able to get definitive information about taking our parrot (can't go without her). Has anyone taken their parrot to Europe recently and have good first hand knowledge of the regulations please?By the way, the wife drives a little Piaggio Porter, which has been converted to a basic camper. Very handy for overnighting in the pub car park after a few. haha. Hello again, to quote Neil Diamond:thumb:

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Hi and welcome
Your vet should be able to tell you any regs regarding your parrot and if not ask DEFRA direct

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
C

chelseatimber

Free Member
Aug 2, 2012
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 1965
Hi and welcome
Your vet should be able to tell you any regs regarding your parrot and if not ask DEFRA direct

Thanks for that. Unfortunately the Vet is just as confused as we are. I did ask DEFRA a while ago and their advice was very limited. They know all about dogs but haven't a clue about birds. That's the problem, everyone just keeps sending us to some other dept.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello and welcome :welcomefunster:

Sep 4, 2011
Funster No
MH
No more
Welcome to the Fun chelseatimber:thumb: great football team you support::bigsmile:

::bigsmile:CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINNERS 2012::bigsmile:

:thumb:ROB&JANE:thumb:

Bluemooner

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Dreamseeker Fifth Wheel
Exp
4 years
Hi and welcome good luck with the parrot you will find most people on here are Man City fans (ok slight exaggeration perhaps four of us)

Andy

OP
OP
C

chelseatimber

Free Member
Aug 2, 2012
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 1965
Parrot

Hi
Sorry can't help about parrots.:welcomefunster:

Have just received a very helpful reply from a couple who have toured Europe many times with their Parrot. Apparently you can take upto five "pets" parrots (I only want to take one, she's a bitch, but she's our bitch) without the need for any documentation. This was the conclusion I came to, when I last investigated the situation about 18 months ago, but it was so hard to find anything out and so many different opinions, I still had doubts that it could ever be that easy.

However, if there is anyone else out there who have taken a parrot abroad, I would really appreciate hearing about their experiences.

Thanks to everyone who has welcomed us, even the Man U fans haha

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
can't the parrot fly to france and meet you at calais lol
hello and welcome to the madhouse

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
if it was a green parrot it would turn out brown thats all but who will stand around waiting for nature to pop the parrot out lol

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
you mean this parrot is no more

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
You could always tie it to a homing pigeon. OK - not funny (only to me). ::bigsmile:

Ivy

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Bringing birds to France

The EC regulations regarding the movements of pet birds have been modified in response to the avian influenza alert (bird flu), and these rules apply at least until the end of 2010. Each family is allowed to bring maximum five birds into France. One of the following conditions must apply:

• There has been a 30 day pre-export quarantine
  • There has been a 30 day quarantine after import
  • The bird has been vaccinated and re-vaccinated at least once against avian influenza, with the H5 vaccine. The bird must have been vaccinated within the last six months and not later than 60 days prior to dispatch from the third country
  • Isolation of the bird for at least 10 days before departure and, after at least three days of isolation, a test to detect the H5N1 antigen or genome
Compliance with the above conditions must be verified in a certificate by an official veterinarian.

I found this on looking on the angloinfo site.
possibly you need to check out the avian flu vaccine.

and

http://www.brittany-ferries.co.uk/help/pet_abroad/pet_documentation

they have info on for parrots -
Parrot
May need a CITES certificate, check with authority of country of destination

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

chelseatimber

Free Member
Aug 2, 2012
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 1965
Bringing birds to France

The EC regulations regarding the movements of pet birds have been modified in response to the avian influenza alert (bird flu), and these rules apply at least until the end of 2010. Each family is allowed to bring maximum five birds into France. One of the following conditions must apply:

• There has been a 30 day pre-export quarantine
  • There has been a 30 day quarantine after import
  • The bird has been vaccinated and re-vaccinated at least once against avian influenza, with the H5 vaccine. The bird must have been vaccinated within the last six months and not later than 60 days prior to dispatch from the third country
  • Isolation of the bird for at least 10 days before departure and, after at least three days of isolation, a test to detect the H5N1 antigen or genome
Compliance with the above conditions must be verified in a certificate by an official veterinarian.

I found this on looking on the angloinfo site.
possibly you need to check out the avian flu vaccine.

and

http://www.brittany-ferries.co.uk/help/pet_abroad/pet_documentation

they have info on for parrots -
Parrot
May need a CITES certificate, check with authority of country of destination

Many thanks for that, which I think I have read before (confused, read so much).

Our Parrot is on permanent quarantine/isolation because she never meets other birds. Therefore, we comply with the first, but how would our vet ( coincidently is 50 yards away) be able to verify this ?

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
Hello from another Chelsea fan, no help with your bird problem, but welcome

OP
OP
C

chelseatimber

Free Member
Aug 2, 2012
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 1965
Hello from another Chelsea fan, no help with your bird problem, but welcome

Really looking to the new season with all our new signings. Still think we need another striker. I think Drogba had another season in him ?

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
trouble with the old dead wood in the team is fitness, a few will not be able to compete 90 mins so that's when team rotation comes into play and causes distertion amongst the others.

OP
OP
C

chelseatimber

Free Member
Aug 2, 2012
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 1965
trouble with the old dead wood in the team is fitness, a few will not be able to compete 90 mins so that's when team rotation comes into play and causes distertion amongst the others.

The old faithfuls must be gradually phased out but there experienced is invaluable to the younger players. Remember the new comers are not used to English football. Shame to to see Ashley, Frank and JT go though

I think Ash will resume his marriage, Frank to America with whatshername and if I get my way, JT to stay on coaching with a view to top man in the future. Mind you he's got to clean up his act !!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back