Night stopover required (1 Viewer)

D

DM14742

Deleted User
Can anyone recommend an overnighter in the A14 / M11 area? We are travelling from Yorkshire to the Tchunnel on the 3rd Sept & because I can't set off until the evening I wouldn't reach Kent till the early hours. Don't mind where even a Service area just so we can grab some sleep.
Many thanks, Jez

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
The Cambridge services are a couple of miles north of Cambridge on the 14 :)

Roryboys Dad

Free Member
Mar 19, 2012
Glapwell Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Reference P716 LPR
Exp
Won't you be going down the M1, M25 and M20 to the Eurotunnel Terminal?

Why the A14 / M11 area?

Or have I lost my bearings?

:france::france::france:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
D

DM14742

Deleted User
I just find the A1 / A14 / M11 a better route. I can knock a good 45 mins off my journey to Walthamstow (where my daughter lives) if I go that route. Its a lot quieter than the M1 & I will hit the M25 further round so not so much Wacky races to contend with!

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I now always the A14 / M11 route.. There are a lot more options if you want to stop for a break in layby's. Apart for a few large roundabouts its dual carriageway and motorway all the way..
The M1 / M25 can be a real bind.....

Depening on where the Op starts from in Yorkshire they may even be coming down the A1 to join the A14.

OP
OP
D

DM14742

Deleted User
To be honest Tonka I can't recall hitting one roundabout now on that route they've got rid of all of them from Doncaster to the A14 if memory serves. They only problem I now encounter is if they decide to close the A1 for maintanance on a weekend, you are suddenly hit with having to go across country to the M1 (not good) I need to be more proactive before I set off to ensure I don't foul up.

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Sandy says that Tesco at the junction of the A12 is a good place to stop. ::bigsmile:

Ivy​

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Can anyone recommend an overnighter in the A14 / M11 area? We are travelling from Yorkshire to the Tchunnel on the 3rd Sept & because I can't set off until the evening I wouldn't reach Kent till the early hours. Don't mind where even a Service area just so we can grab some sleep.
Many thanks, Jez

You have a PM.:RollEyes:

froghopper

Free Member
Nov 29, 2009
winchester
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
before they were invented
a 14 overnight

We came that way a couple offweeks ago. at A14/ A1 junction turn left. a few hundred yards on left nice truckers layby behind a big hedge. if full go
half a mile cross over and return down A1 another big lay by. then left onto
A14 or a little more south. very clean and quiet
enjoy trip. travel safe...
Froghopper

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back