Free Member
Jun 28, 2010
S. Wales
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2008
Well I think it's time once and for all to sort my fridge woes.
It was always a bugger to start straight on gas, but would always switch over with no issue, would being the problem!
It won't stay on anymore:Angry:
It fires up but as soon as the igniter stops it cuts out. No matter how many times over the last 5 days I tried it refused to play ball.

So come on clever people, what do I need to replace to make my cooler cool again :Cool:

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
Sounds like the thermocouple.The reason it worked before is that it was pre-heated by running it on 12/240v.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
If it lights but doesn't stay lit I suspect the thermocouple which is a safety feauture to cut off the gas supply if the flame gets blown out. It is the metal probe which sits in or near the actual flame of the burner with a shielded cable connected to it. Not the ignitor though which is similar... It supplies the spark to light the gas.

Mind you... I don't know anything about igniter board thingies...

JJ

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
If it lights but doesn't stay lit I suspect the thermocouple which is a safety feauture to cut off the gas supply if the flame gets blown out. It is the metal probe which sits in or near the actual flame of the burner with a shielded cable connected to it. Not the ignitor though which is similar... It supplies the spark to light the gas.

Mind you... I don't know anything about igniter board thingies...

JJ

Hi JJ
On American RV fridges the igniter board not only provides the spark but also monitors the flame .. it's a common problem, it's easily checked as the same board is used in the water heater.. a quick swap proves it one way or the other..
I replaced mine with a generic board from Dinosaur Electronic's http://www.dinosaurelectronics.com/Ignitor_boards.htm

Last edited:
OP
OP
WinnietheBrave

WinnietheBrave

Free Member
Jun 28, 2010
S. Wales
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2008
Hi

yes you had this issue before, same advice

Broken Link Removed

did you replace the igniter board then or not ?

Hi Jim
Thanks for the advise again, I will act apon this time and not look the other way and hope it goes away.
I'll start with the connectors, then swap the boards. If all else fails I'll replace the board.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Hi JJ
On American RV fridges the igniter board not only provides the spark but also monitors the flame .. it's a common problem, it's easily checked as the same board is used in the water heater.. a quick swap proves it one way or the other..
I replaced mine with a generic board from Dinosaur Electronic's http://www.dinosaurelectronics.com/Ignitor_boards.htm

Thanks Jim...

No wonder I didn't understand... It is an American thing... !!

JJ

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back