LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Just returned from having some work done...

My thoughts are as follows.

These guys know what they are doing, very professional and I am impressed.. Job well done...

But there is more,,,

This you are not going to believe,,,

They quoted me a price, when it came to paying, they said it had taken less time than they tought and charged me £40 less than the quote..

:thumb:

http://www.tappersupholstery.com/
I would use them again and a BIG :thumb: from me,,,

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Just returned from having some work done...

My thoughts are as follows.

These guys know what they are doing, very professional and I am impressed.. Job well done...

But there is more,,,

This you are not going to believe,,,

They quoted me a price, when it came to paying, they said it had taken less time than they tought and charged me £40 less than the quote..

:thumb:

http://www.tappersupholstery.com/
I would use them again and a BIG :thumb: from me,,,

Yes we found them excellent also, even travelled to Wales after hours to collect our seats and return them, we are very pleased with ours and the quality ...1st class service and work :thumb::thumb: as I am sure are other Upholsterers :thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Glad they worked well for you :thumb:. I am being done next Monday. Full reupholster and doing the floor too. I will take some pictures before/after and post them here.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
No such luck, applied and the answer was not a yes or a no but :ROFLMAO:

Many true word....

We were turned down for credit cards during a recent bank change. Turns out someone typed the wrong address for a credit check, which obviously failed, so they declined.

Much grumbling and the CEO detailed how his bank had failed us, and of course passed the application.

Always go for the throat, not that you need telling :Smile:

OP
OP
ShiftZZ

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Indeed Brian, thats the ONLY way that they will learn is by being hurt..

Realy Retired, the only slight drawback is the location, its on a narrow'sh street and parking can be an issue, from memory you are camped up. The road they are on is sort of gated at one end and that could be an issue.

They inform me that they are moving to new premises soon and that may make it easier. They do work for the Ambulance service and by all accounts are very busy, a sign of a successful company...

I wonder if 'we' could negotiate a Funster discount?

All I now need is to get this instrument cluster sorted and the Gaslow filler positioned so that it can be used easily...

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Many true word....

We were turned down for credit cards during a recent bank change. Turns out someone typed the wrong address for a credit check, which obviously failed, so they declined.

Much grumbling and the CEO detailed how his bank had failed us, and of course passed the application.

Always go for the throat, not that you need telling :Smile:

Hope you got some substantial compensation out of them Brian. You'll drop down the Hilda/Sundance complaints league if you didn't :ROFLMAO:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
I am assuming Dave you have tried the unplugging it and plugging it back in as per Geo says sometimes clears instrument faults on Fiats?

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
We used Tappers last year saw them at Stratford and they quote for remodel and recover the Dinette in the 5'er in leather to match the rest of it - they arranged for a pitch on a local caravan park and then collected the Dinette took it back to their yard and bought it all back 24 hours later all done and ready for refitting - very satisfied - they went the extra mile to ensure the colour was the best match and 12 month later we are well pleased - incidently when I asked what warranty they gave and its 2 years parts and labour - so obviously they have faith in the quality of their work which is nice to know when you spend money with them

OP
OP
ShiftZZ

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
I am assuming Dave you have tried the unplugging it and plugging it back in as per Geo says sometimes clears instrument faults on Fiats?

All tried, Dave Newell, changed the sensor and disconnected the Instument Cluster.. The system is CAN bus, the instrument cluster was sent away to be fixed, no go... Looks like Fiat may have outsourced the design and build, the AD/DA etc is well over my head and the diagnostics is complex. They all 'talk' to each other and the ECU etc.

New price of Instrument cluster is in the region of between £780 to £821 plus fitting some dealers will only guarentee the part for 12 months, some for 24 months...

When they go wrong Fiats are not cheap, an new ECU may cost the same..

Scrapyards dont sell them either, tried that also..:Sad:

Once fitted you will need to adjust the miles recorded.. Another £75..

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
I thought maybe that had been tried but was not sure looks like an expensive do Dave

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back