Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
I had a service and 2new leisure batteries fitted yesterday and since then passenger window has stopped working.Driver window works as normal but just getting a click noise from dash when pushing button.
The window stuck halfway down yesterday so I took door card off and managed to find a garage, no mean feat at 4 on a Saturday afternoon.The mechanic tells me there is power to the switch and the motor,he used a probe thing and got the motor to work closing the window.
Anyone had this happen or have an idea of what's going on.Its a 2004 Fiat Ducato

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I know that click, it's the computer sensing all is not well and turning off the motor.

So duff motor or in need of lubrication or recalibration.

There is a recalibration sequence for the computer to learn the motor's current, but I've forgotten what it is.

In our case the window would not open at all, but eventually did and now I make sure I open it regularly.

OP
OP
Vlad The Impaler

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Window

Brian when you say a duff motor do you mean broke,mechanic got it working to close it so assume its ok.What do u mean by Re calibration and lubrication is that something only to be tackled by a garage

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
This may seem off topic, but was it working before the service and batteries were done ?

OP
OP
Vlad The Impaler

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Windows

Yes all working fine. Problem only after could it be there fault

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I would be down on them like a ton of bricks..
Start screaming CAB and small claims courts.. Works wonders..

Would also be interested in where you had it done.. Others can then avoid using the place !

OP
OP
Vlad The Impaler

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Windows

Would working on the leisure batteries affect the electrics on the van?
If anyone has any thoughts on this I'd like to know,might give me some ammo when I go in tomorrow if I can know what I'm talking about

ticktok

Free Member
May 13, 2010
Kent (South Coast)
Funster No
MH
Swift
Exp
5 Years
Would working on the leisure batteries affect the electrics on the van?
If anyone has any thoughts on this I'd like to know,might give me some ammo when I go in tomorrow if I can know what I'm talking about

I have no doubt someone will explain but how can changing the leisure batteries affect the window winders that run from the van batteries.

I have the same problem with a 03 Ducato and the passenger window has stopped working, I also can hear a click but assumed it was the relay as it seems to come from that area.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
the easiest reset method is to disconnect the van battery for 1/2 an hour so clearing the memory. this may be what triggered your problem, as probably the garage disconnected the battery for safety

whilst battery is off, take the time to remove the door inner cards and lubricate the motors an pivots. once the battery is back on, drop each window all the way then close,again all the way. this restores the correct open and closed points in the body control modules memory

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
My issue is not with the battery change but the 'service' which was mentioned by the OP.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back