May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
Hi Guys need a bit of help

I have a Mifi 3 can't seem to set the smtp for e-mails as this is one of the main reasons I bought it could do with it working have rang 3 about as much use as a chocolate fireguard :RollEyes:

All the best Rick

OP
OP
motor roamin

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
Hi Rick,

the o/g smtp server is smtp-mbb.three.co.uk

Hope this helps

Lunarman

Thanks thats what I have done can receive email but can not send whe have changed the ports tried all 4 :Doh:

All the best Rick

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
Dear StickyRicky, with ours, we had to set up nothing. Turned it on logged on and away it went. Simplistic I know, but perhaps it's faulty !!!!! :Smile:

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Thanks thats what I have done can receive email but can not send whe have changed the ports tried all 4 :Doh:

All the best Rick

Have just checked my set up

the smtp server is smtp-mbb.three.co.uk as I said, the authentification is NOT required and the port is 25.

OP
OP
motor roamin

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
Forgive me for being thick but it took me 20 years to understand my calculator :ROFLMAO: I am not on web mail are you guys ?

All the best Rick

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
Hi Rick, I took mine out of the box fitted the sim, battery and typed in the password, away it went:thumb:

OP
OP
motor roamin

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
Hi Goony thanks for that.......mine did that for tinternet and it appears that if you are using web based mail it will also work out the box

I have searched tinternet and this seems to be a common fault but no one has given the solution without buying more web hosting from another company

All the best Rick

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Just another thought.

If you are using a mail client e.g. windows mail, and are setting up a new account for the MiFi dont forget you will either have to set this account as "default" when you are connected via the Mifi or use the "send using" facility on the new email.

If you don't do this it will try to send using your existing Default account which of course will fail

OP
OP
motor roamin

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
I have managed to get working on the lappy (I have no idea how :ROFLMAO:) now I am playing with the I pad see if I can get that working :RollEyes:

All the best Rick

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
I have managed to get working on the lappy (I have no idea how :ROFLMAO:) now I am playing with the I pad see if I can get that working :RollEyes:

All the best Rick

Hi Rick
Mine is operating on the iPad, just switch your mi fi on, go into settings on the pad, the mi fi address should be there and type in password:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back