Water hose adapters required for Europe? (1 Viewer)

cmb

Free Member
Jun 18, 2012
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Hmyer 544
Exp
Hi

Along the same lines as the 'Broken Link Removed' thread....

What kind of adapters do I need for my hose in order to fill up in Europe? We'll be taking in France, Belgium, Germany, Austria, Italy and Switzerland.

Cheers!

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
4 spare hoselock adapters.
male to male adapter for doubling up
big and small thread to male
the rubber one with the built in jubilee clip.

Take some spare threaded ones as I can guarantee you will leave one on a tap at some point....

Last edited:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Hi

What kind of adapters do I need for my hose in order to fill up in Europe? We'll be taking in France, Belgium, Germany, Austria, Italy and Switzerland.

Cheers!

Hi CMB
What you require are
One rubber type push on fit ...as some taps may have no thread old style tap
3 internal threaded tap connectors....1/2"...3/4"...1".....One tap connector you will use most of the time, the other two now and again, same as the rubber connector now and again, but you will need them.
Hose pipe connector or connectors to join on or two or three pieces of pipe together
Hose pipe push connectors to fit on your hose pipe...buy as many as you require for the hose pipes you have.
Hose pipe.....1/2" is good enough.....if you buy a larger size hose pipe make sure you the size of connections fit the hose pipe....NOT the hose pipe on a roll...wind in.. wind out... waste of money to be thrown away a few weeks later either split or too time consuming having to wind in & out when other people are waiting to use the borne

These ebay numbers below are just to give you a idea of what you require...you may find them cheaper on ebay or your local B&Q...

these two are the same it is just the price...rubber connections

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

All these are simple and light weight and take just a small amount of room

Mel

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
4 spare hoselock adapters.
male to male adapter for doubling up
big and small thread to male
the rubber one with the built in jubilee clip.

Take some spare threaded ones as I can guarantee you will leave one on a tap at some point....

I agree with gromett......when other people are waiting to get on the borne you may feel rushed as they all queue up...100 miles down the road ....Whooops ....I forgot to unscrew my connection:Doh:....or you and the wife or you and one of your children...100 miles down the road...who removed the threaded connection ,,NOT ME I THOUGHT IT WAS YOU...Yes you can buy them over here at maybe 3 to 4 times the cost as in the UK:Doh::Doh:

Last edited:

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
And for the few pence extra, only ever buy proper Hozelock fittings. :thumb:

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
Hi

Cheers!

That's the route we took in June, hope you enjoy it as we did.
We used a simple watering can to top up.
Ok as long as you aint too far from the tap, but then you arent going to use a full tank each day?

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005

Absolutely. I have never found a cheap one that was any good.

I actually moved over to brass fittings for the main ones...

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+

I agree SuperMike.... a lot better connections are Hozelock... ....there are some very cheap crap connections ...but there also a couple of good makes now like hozelock on the market well at least there are in France...but they are not cheap....

Also for CMB....I use one of these 110 x 90deg plastic bend and a 10 lt water container...(but make sure it is a tight fit in your water inlet hole...if not use a watering can) ..this is to save moving off site if only a few litres of water is all that is required till you move the following morning

Link Removed

Link Removed

And one of these to empty your waste to save moving again

TRUG RHINO FLEXI BUCKET ...14ltr

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/YELLOW-GE...rage&var=&hash=item3cbedd86e4#ht_2040wt_850 [/SIZE]

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
The Range do some half decent packs of fittings in brass quite cheaply. I have been using the same layflat hose for about 4-5 years now and its still ok, takes up far less room than normal hose.

Ian

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
The Range do some half decent packs of fittings in brass quite cheaply. I have been using the same layflat hose for about 4-5 years now and its still ok, takes up far less room than normal hose.

Ian

My layflat hose was bought in 2005 when I got my first motorhome. I have been using it as a fulltimer for over 3 years now and it is still as good as new :thumb:

If you look after them they last ok.

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
My layflat hose was bought in 2005 when I got my first motorhome. I have been using it as a fulltimer for over 3 years now and it is still as good as new :thumb:

If you look after them they last ok.

I am off soon on a longer trip, is this the hose that should do the job?

Link Removed

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
We got a 2 gallon watering can, we use about 2-4 gallons a day, saves faffing about get hose out.

steveclecy

Free Member
Jun 10, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since June 2009
A site we were on near Agde only had the type of tap you had to hold down for the water to flow.

A resourceful Class A owner was prepared with some strapping with a ratchet connector - now we are! It doesn't take long to get wrist ache whilst topping up the tank.

Steve

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
We had a bit of fun with water pressure at Le Croisic at Easter. I try to avoid pay by the litre water bornes if I can, but on this occasion I had to relent and use the service post. I made the mistake of putting my money in before I'd connected the hose up. The resulting jet that came out of the post shot a good ten feet horizontally before hitting the next parking bay in a fountain of wasted water. Getting the hose fitted into that was pure comedy - useful lesson learned there.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back