12V Electrics for beginners 1-5 sept (1 Viewer)

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
12V Electrics for beginners 1-5 sept, as it says in the title a seminar to help beginners understand the 12V systems used in a motorhome, use of a multimeter understanding terms etc. As Devon is so far from most of you a 5 day rally will allow you to have a holiday in the area at the same time. I will be available for personal tution for the full 5 days though the main seminar will be on Sat/sunday. Bring your own meters or use mine I'll have a few different types for you to see and use. The tuition is free, camping at rally rates so £25 for the 5 days. Extra days available on request for a few vans (at rally rates).
To be held at the Lazy Buzzard Campsite in Ilfracombe, Devon.

Please reply to THIS thread to be added to the list.

Last edited:

gorsty

Free Member
Aug 17, 2011
uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
like me to be added but do you know if a 35 footer can get on site
thank you :Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 30, 2008
Funster No
Hello Wildman

Will you put us on your list. Malc will do the seminar, I can't because I'm deaf but I would really appreciate you showing me how to use a multimeter.

Thanks

Anne & Malc

GRUMPY OLD GIT

Funster
Deceased RIP
May 8, 2011
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Started in1974 with a converted London ambulance
:thumb:Book us in for this one please Wildman, Bob needs to know how our lectrics work and I need a rest:Smile: Is it ok to bring our "Olliedog" if our dogsitter is not available ?

Thanks.
Jenny and Bob

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
:thumb:Book us in for this one please Wildman, Bob needs to know how our lectrics work and I need a rest:Smile: Is it ok to bring our "Olliedog" if our dogsitter is not available ?

Thanks.
Jenny and Bob
Dog no problem, welcome aboard.

masikuer

Free Member
Jul 25, 2012
uk
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
I am a newbie
sounds good, will tell my frined this news too
Broken Link Removed

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
bugger:Doh: wife goes into hospital for a week on 30th august,as i would have come:Sad:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
like me to be added but do you know if a 35 footer can get on site
thank you :Eeek:

Size no problem,American electrickery AGhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

This course will be worth its weight in gold to all who attend:thumb:
Just basic meter use will solve many a puzzle:winky:

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
bugger:Doh: wife goes into hospital for a week on 30th august,as i would have come:Sad:
thats a shame Chris I hope she has an easy time of it. quads you said this time?????????????????????????
sounds good, will tell my frined this news too
Broken Link Removed
Be pleased to see you but do get subscribed as only subscribed members can attend rallies, all down to insurance I'm afraid. Still will save you pounds in the end.

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Decisions decisions

We have the chunnel booked for the 1st of September do we postpone it and come to Devon.

Now Lets think for a while

Bugger Chunnel won

Hope you all have a good time

Lindylooj

Free Member
Jun 24, 2011
Weymouth, Dorset
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Newbie from Oct 2011
Hubbie unfortunately on olympics duty as volunteer, shame as we could do with the course. If its a success will you be running anymore? :Smile:

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Decisions decisions

We have the chunnel booked for the 1st of September do we postpone it and come to Devon.

Now Lets think for a while

Bugger Chunnel won

Hope you all have a good time
Never mind Alan still got all of August to visit.

Hubbie unfortunately on olympics duty as volunteer, shame as we could do with the course. If its a success will you be running anymore? :Smile:
Shame about that Possibly we shall see.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
You know, thinking about this, starting off a bunch of wallies on the full 12V is simply reckless.

I strongly suggest week one is on 1.5V then over the next few weeks ease them into the full 12V.

You know it makes sense.

littlevanfan

Free Member
Jun 4, 2010
BRISTOL
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
3 years
Electrics for begginners 1-5 Sept

Room for a couple of newbies and their cat?
( she's not interested in electrikery so no extra multimeters needed!)

Great idea we're always struggling with our 12v system although I have some basic knowledge , the idea of having someone on hand to talk to is worth it's weight in gold. :thumb: Thanks

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
You know, thinking about this, starting off a bunch of wallies on the full 12V is simply reckless.

I strongly suggest week one is on 1.5V then over the next few weeks ease them into the full 12V.

You know it makes sense.

No start em off on 440v, after 1 or 2 get electrocuted it will instill a bit of fear into the rest, and they will pay more attention. :roflmto:

Ian

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
12V Electrics for beginners 1-5 sept, as it says in the title a seminar to help beginners understand the 12V systems used in a motorhome, use of a multimeter understanding terms etc. As Devon is so far from most of you a 5 day rally will allow you to have a holiday in the area at the same time. I will be available for personal tution for the full 5 days though the main seminar will be on Sat/sunday. Bring your own meters or use mine I'll have a few different types for you to see and use. The tuition is free, camping at rally rates so £25 for the 5 days. Extra days available on request for a few vans (at rally rates).

Please reply to THIS thread to be added to the list attendees so far:-

1) F6C
2) Gorsty
3) Archie2000
4) Chesterfield Hooligan
5) Grumpy Old Git
6) Littlevanfan
7) Masikuer

thehutchies

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
The Wheelèd Shed
Funster No
MH
Exp
No start em off on 440v, after 1 or 2 get electrocuted it will instill a bit of fear into the rest, and they will pay more attention. :roflmto:

Ian

Better still, start them off with Kirchhoff's laws, then they will actually be using negative voltages.
Even safer

::bigsmile:

SPUD'N'T

Free Member
Aug 25, 2008
YORK ENGLAND
Funster No
MH
COACHBUILT (LOW PROFILE)
Exp
since 2008
Thanks for the pm Roger (Basil) We'd like to attend, thanks Spud (Lucy) and T (Tony) + a very shy cat !

kkclassic

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
South Coast
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Hi Wildman

Can we attend the seminar without staying at the rally site? I would be very interested in learning about the 12v trickery stuff and usage of a multimeter.

Kevin and Tricia

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967

Please reply to THIS thread to be added to the list attendees:-

1) F6C
2) Gorsty
3) Archie2000
4) Chesterfield Hooligan
5) Grumpy Old Git
6) Littlevanfan
7) Masikuer
8) Spud'N'T'
9) KKClassic

In response to some other recent enquiries I can confirm I will be covering Solar panels and what to expect of them, how to connect etc. Some aspects of wind generators, connecting extra batteries, understanding fuses. I will endevour to print some basic info sheets for those with short memories (like me, hee hee) This sort of basic knowledge is invaluabe to people without the existing skills and WILL save you having to rely on others when you get stuck, even if it only allows you to understand what you are being told by a tradesman it can save you being ripped off by double talk. All ages are welcome as are singles, fulltimers or wannabees.There is even currently (if not sold in the meantime) a caravan on site for hire should you not have a van yet.

Last edited:

jazz

Free Member
May 19, 2008
South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
16yrs previously 25years caravaning
12v electrics for beginners

:youbetcha: Yes please wildman put us down
Regards Alan & Jean :thumb:

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967

Please reply to THIS thread to be added to the list attendees:-

1) F6C
2) Gorsty
3) Archie2000
4) Chesterfield Hooligan
5) Grumpy Old Git
6) Littlevanfan
7) Masikuer
8) Spud'N'T'
9) KKClassic
10) Jazz
11) Bashfop & Bashfon

In response to some other recent enquiries I can confirm I will be covering Solar panels and what to expect of them, how to connect etc. Some aspects of wind generators, connecting extra batteries, understanding fuses. I will endevour to print some basic info sheets for those with short memories (like me, hee hee) This sort of basic knowledge is invaluabe to people without the existing skills and WILL save you having to rely on others when you get stuck, even if it only allows you to understand what you are being told by a tradesman it can save you being ripped off by double talk. All ages are welcome as are singles, fulltimers or wannabees.There is even currently (if not sold in the meantime) a caravan on site for hire should you not have a van yet.

Nov 30, 2008
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt autoroller 700
Exp
on and off 20 years
Hi Wildman I'm still trying to work through dates I could only make the weekend but may have to be in Nottingham that weekend. When is the latest that you need actual confirmation. Rich

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back