LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
i have just noticed there are 2 marjal sites which is the newest and mainly used1 please
i understand its the eco site i want ??

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
The new one is the big car park next to the run down engineering town of Catral, in the middle of nowhere. Old Marjal is the popular one by the coast 20 odd miles away.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MrMotorhome

Funster
Deceased RIP
May 19, 2009
Funster No
The new Marjal is the larger site next to the small town of Catral and the pretty village of San Felippe and is about 30 minutes drive to the coast. It has two huge Swimming Pools (indoor and outdoor) Spa and Fitness Centre and a nice walk around the nearby Nature Reserve (walk or cycle) Catral has a good street Market on Saturdays. There is a great restaurant in San Felippe called Harry's Bar. We enjoyed our visit there in March 2012 although I understand it can get very busy as it is also very popular with the locals.

Old Marjal (30 minutes drive away) is a site next door to a couple of strip clubs in a busy town called Guardamar, by the sea - good beaches. I understand it is also very popular although not for us. There is a wonderful Chinese restaurant nearby called 'The Wok' which I would highly recommend you visit, whichever site you decide to stay at.

Have a good trip.

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi
We will be there in February all being well we have booked on the C&CC rally, not been before but the internet pics look ok to us. Pete :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

JohnH

Free Member
Jan 5, 2009
Southport
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
+14
Spent January to March at the new Marjal. Had such a good time there that we are going back in September and then again in January to March. As long as you have transport: car, scooter or even a bike (or your van), there are plenty of places to visit and the campsite itself has nearly everything you could want.
John

OP
OP
ukbill

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
mm both seem ok now but the old 1 by the coast seems better not sure if being in the middle of nowhere is for us

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
mm both seem ok now but the old 1 by the coast seems better not sure if being in the middle of nowhere is for us

The real beauty of the old site is that you can subsidise the cost of being there if you are prepared to do a midweek turn on stage at the local strip clubs, all quite decent no snakes or nuffink!.........

.....by the looks of your avatar you could do a double act, that'd go down well:roflmto:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007

You could try for Cap Blanch, as delightful as it gets. Few facilities on site but the bay is just awesome. Add in a cheap new tramway to Benidorm and Alicante anf you can't go wrong.

Link Removed

Attachments

• cb1.jpg
    cb1.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 20
  • cb2.jpg
    cb2.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 20
  • cb3.jpg
    cb3.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 21
  • cb4.jpg
    cb4.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 19
  • cb5.jpg
    cb5.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 21

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
You could try for Cap Blanch, as delightful as it gets. Few facilities on site but the bay is just awesome. Add in a cheap new tramway to Benidorm and Alicante anf you can't go wrong.

Link Removed

I agree Brian one of the better ones...BUT when we stopped in January 2012 this year..... it was solid with Nederland's....had to park in the walled car park even that was packed like sardines.. all of us would have had a big problem if somebody shouted FIRE...paying 16 euros per night on acsi..we was the second motorhome in there ......but within that day WOW....packed, juggling to get position...stayed about 3 or four days waiting for a chance to get out...the beach just great

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I agree Brian one of the better ones...BUT when we stopped in January 2012 this year..... it was solid with Nederland's...

Such lovely people.

Those paying attention will know my wife fell off her bike and broke a collar bone resulting in a weekend in the excellent hospital €3 down the tramway. Our Netherlander neighbour came and gave me a goodie bag for her, some fruit, she said the vitamin C would aid her recovery.

Boules, talk about fanatics, three rounds a week for the winter tournament.

It's well worth trying for a spare place here and enjoy our neighbours and indeed our conquerors of a few years ago that improved this country no end.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back