Free Member
Jun 28, 2010
S. Wales
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2008
:cry: I need help again, but this time I need it fast!
I need a set of headlights for my Winnie, where is the best place to get them, or is there an alternative, like lights from another type that will fit?
Thanks in advance.
Winnebago brave 23rc 1993

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
Mike, DON'T PANIC!::bigsmile:

They should be easy and not to dear to sort.

Options,

RV Spares (motohome medics) in Cheltenham, 07791130888 is the number I have in my phone.

Duncan, starspangledspanner (number on tinternet)

West Midlands American Vehicles, Ivan, google 'em, blasted new phone so I've lost a load of numbers:Angry:

They are simple units and easy to fit, OK you may have to re end a wire if the terminals corroded but that should be about as dramatic as it gets.

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
:cry: I need help again, but this time I need it fast!
I need a set of headlights for my Winnie, where is the best place to get them, or is there an alternative, like lights from another type that will fit?
Thanks in advance.
Winnebago brave 23rc 1993

hi there www.starspangledspanner.co.uk :thumb:
great service & knowledge from duncan:thumb:
regards brian jo and josh

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
WinnietheBrave

WinnietheBrave

Free Member
Jun 28, 2010
S. Wales
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2008
Phoned all the above, and no one can get any, they all know that this is a problem, and are trying to find spares.
My problem is that my lights are British spec Cibie lights,(actually made in Belgium) all the ones on ebay are American.
There must be other older vehicles in the UK that ran 6x4 rectangular lights, any ideas?
What size does the old Cherokee Jeep have?

Initial panic over as I managed to get some reflective tape into the light unit (like papering the hall way through the letter box:RollEyes:) so I have passed the MoT, but I still need to get them sorted.

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
Interesting, I was lead to beleive they were an easy thing to get, Lucas I beleive do that size too, sure that's what ours are....

Cherry's I'm sure are a different size, deeper.

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
Link Removed

Above, OK they ar ein America but seller ships to UK, mind you you have to deal with Parcel Farce this end, but I can't see any issues running these over here. The lenses don't appear handed to simple adjustment on the beams??? Anyone????

Link Removed

This, here, are these not what you have? OK sealed beam and c$$p, but.....

OP
OP
WinnietheBrave

WinnietheBrave

Free Member
Jun 28, 2010
S. Wales
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2008
Mine are E2 marked, and dipped to the correct side. If I find any that fit I'll post it here.

Attachments

• Cibie.jpg
    Cibie.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
Mike, ignor the E2, this is just where they werre made and is largely irrelevant.

The other numbers will be more pertinant, though the size should be enough.

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
They are a standatd Lucas headlamp look for new old stock there must be millions some where we used to stock them and I bought some off the shelf only about 8 years ago.......I am sure they are the same as a chevy Astro van 87-95 plenty of those coming in from Japan so one of the importers may stock them.

Just a thought Steve Oldcott motors Staffs may have a couple of good second hand ones.

All the best Rick

OP
OP
WinnietheBrave

WinnietheBrave

Free Member
Jun 28, 2010
S. Wales
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2008
I've been having a route around at possible matches for the head light replacement.
1st up Mitsubishi 3000 GT (Japan import) obviously these will be second hand, haven't had a proper look yet but they are 6x4 and dip left:thumb:
2nd I stumbled across these at work, don't know where to get any or prices as yet, probably get new to, one for you tractor fans? John Deere 6010 tractor head lights. They don't have the side light, possibly retro fit if needed for MoT?

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
John Deere parts will be gold plated price!
Try phoning Peter

Eastheath House Eastheath Avenue, Wokingham, Berkshire RG41 2PR
0118 979 6063

OP
OP
WinnietheBrave

WinnietheBrave

Free Member
Jun 28, 2010
S. Wales
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2008
Headlight update

I have spent the last few days trying to track down UK spec 6x4 headlights, I have followed all the leads, and googled till I exhausted every decent link.
Everyone ends up with no more left, but I keep hearing that they were available until recently, but they have been discontinued!

I'm also having trouble getting the John Deere tractors lights that are the same size. The dealers tell me although they are standard oe fit, they are not actually a John Deere part, they must have used after market parts, and they keep no stock and have no idea where they would get them if anyone apart from me wanted them.

I am optimistic of a posible second hand pair if the breaker hasn't sold them already, fingers crossed. (waiting on a reply)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Do not know if the Prince of Darkness is still in business, but if they are, might be worth dropping Lucas a line direct ?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back