Free Member
Jul 12, 2012
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Burstner A class 3 berth
Exp
since 2004 caravans before that
Hi, Just bought a 2009 Burstner 3 berth Viseo I595. Had a few teething troubles. Can't get spare tyre and two bikes in garage so dealer suggests leaving spare tyre at home and buying puncture repair kit. In all our years of mtorhoming we've never had a puncture but .... Do these kits work? Not rich but could afford to buy new tyre abroad if we had to. Must have bikes with us.

Would love to hear from other Viseo 3 berth owners - are they good? Certainly like the garage and the fixed beds at our time of life. New to forums - hope someone reads this!

OP
OP
J

june123

Free Member
Jul 12, 2012
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Burstner A class 3 berth
Exp
Thanks for the welcome:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
Hi June
I'd put bikes in garage and spare wheel in a plastic bag in your lounge whilst in transit then store it under the van when parked up.:thumb:

OP
OP
J

june123

Free Member
Jul 12, 2012
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Burstner A class 3 berth
Exp
June123

We kept it under the table for our first weekend away - tried to fool ourselves into thinking it was a pouffe. But it's very big (27 ins and I believe 33kgs) a bit much to move in and out on sometimes a daily basis. At age 77 nd 79 perhaps a bit much to carry. But very good of you to reply. It's a 3 berth van, fancy coming with us to do the moving?

wanda

Free Member
Jul 24, 2012
sheffield
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
Hi, Just bought a 2009 Burstner 3 berth Viseo I595. Had a few teething troubles. Can't get spare tyre and two bikes in garage so dealer suggests leaving spare tyre at home and buying puncture repair kit. In all our years of mtorhoming we've never had a puncture but .... Do these kits work? Not rich but could afford to buy new tyre abroad if we had to. Must have bikes with us.

Would love to hear from other Viseo 3 berth owners - are they good? Certainly like the garage and the fixed beds at our time of life. New to forums - hope someone reads this!

The last 2 vans we have had have not even had a spare wheel, obviously to cut back on cost and payload. Like yourself not had a puncture in 6 years, and we saved the repair kit from previous van. But I am a member of Green flag, and would call them out if the worse happened. likewise, I dont trust the liquid you put into tyres to prevent a puncture, although I have heard its good. Sorry I cant be more help.

DesRes

Free Member
Apr 21, 2012
West Lancs
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 1990 ish...
Hi June,

That's a really good question and is something that has been on my mind since getting a van that was not supplied with any spare wheel.
My van is on a "Ford Transit" chassis and it has come supplied with an emergency kit.
Same as you, the van has a lovely big garage that I would hate to clutter up with a spare wheel. Then there's the payload to consider, why squander 33kg?
I'd be really interested to read any positive or negative responses concerning the kits.
I think it's a matter of "risk assessment" and deciding if you can do without the spare, I'm definitely heading that way unless I can be convinced otherwise.
For some peace of mind it might be worth considering the "Tyron" service, www.tyron.co.uk. £65 for three years call out sounds very reasonable if they do what they claim: Anywhere in the UK normally within two hours, change your tyre and you just pay for the new tyre. The cynic in me wonders how much for the tyre? Anyone with any experience?
No offence but it made me chuckle the thought of you moving your spare around on site, I think I'd be ditching it....:Smile:

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Tell dealer where to insert the inflater and press the button.

Some rescue services will not come out if you don't have a spare.

Spot on mate.
A local motorhome dealer took one of his vans away up into the Highlands of Scotland last year. It had an inflator kit but he sliced the sidewall. After trying to source a new tyre he gave up and they all got the train home. After 11 weeks he was contacted by the tyre dealer to say the tyre had come in from France.
He then travelled up north of Inverness to bring his van home.
What are they going to leave out of the vans next?? seats or windows??

DesRes

Free Member
Apr 21, 2012
West Lancs
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 1990 ish...
Interesting stuff Wiljoy,

That was something that came to mind about "risk assessment" and part of that would be "how far off the beaten track do you venture?" I would not consider the Highlands too far but 10 weeks to find a tyre? I'll be looking in to that as well I think. The tyres on this tranny are some kind of "Continental"...

OP
OP
J

june123

Free Member
Jul 12, 2012
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Burstner A class 3 berth
Exp
re spare tyre

Thanks Des Res and others who have replied to me

We've actually managed to get spare tyre in garage by changing the original fixed position plus the two bikes and various essential boys' toys (tools, bits of string etc.). Two very light loungers lay on rear bed while travelling and can go in shower cubicle or door well overnight. Certainly beats moving spare wheel! Feel safer having spare wheel with us.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back