I Have Been A Good Motorhomer Today (1 Viewer)

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Today my fridge gas jet arrived from Leisureshopdirect.com.

£11.33 for the jet and £9.99 for the post... a joke given that the envelope weighed more than the tiny aluminium jet.

This got me going and I fitted the jet and fired up the Hymer fridge... seems to be working fine now...

I then cut and fitted a new piece of rubber "grass" to the step... the old piece had worn out.

So, as I was on a roll I investigated the cooker extractor fan system... something I have been meaning to do for four years. Three screws removed and the whole panel with the gauges, light and clock hinges down for access. The fan was only sucking air into the van... I swopped the wires over and now it extracts the cooking smells... (I think it is meant to be able to do both.)

With this "panel" hinged down I could now remove the double strip light fitting above the cooker and sink and replace it with the LED light I have been carrying around for the last three years waiting to be fitted.

Replaced the old screws with new, slightly longer ones and sat down to admire my labours sipping on a Pepsi which had been reasonably cooled by the fridge (very hot here today.)

Look what a good boy I am then hey?

Attachments

• rubber grass 1.jpg
    rubber grass 1.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 76
  • led kitchen light.jpg
    led kitchen light.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
well done, so new fridge/freezer now superfluous? Might just try that with mine rather than replace the thermostat.

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
Undoubtedly Frankie is on her way there then JJ

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
Today my fridge gas jet arrived from Leisureshopdirect.com.

£11.33 for the jet and £9.99 for the post... a joke given that the envelope weighed more than the tiny aluminium jet.

This got me going and I fitted the jet and fired up the Hymer fridge... seems to be working fine now...

I then cut and fitted a new piece of rubber "grass" to the step... the old piece had worn out.

So, as I was on a roll I investigated the cooker extractor fan system... something I have been meaning to do for four years. Three screws removed and the whole panel with the gauges, light and clock hinges down for access. The fan was only sucking air into the van... I swopped the wires over and now it extracts the cooking smells... (I think it is meant to be able to do both.)

With this "panel" hinged down I could now remove the double strip light fitting above the cooker and sink and replace it with the LED light I have been carrying around for the last three years waiting to be fitted.

Replaced the old screws with new, slightly longer ones and sat down to admire my labours sipping on a Pepsi which had been reasonably cooled by the fridge (very hot here today.)

Look what a good boy I am then hey?

all you need know is some dry water for the grass :Eeek::Blush:

2 fb pies
chips beans
and a bit of steak:reel::reel:

bon appy thingy

:thumb::thumb:​

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
well done, so new fridge/freezer now superfluous? Might just try that with mine rather than replace the thermostat.

I plan for the new Engel fridge freezer to be used in tandem, Roger... so, for example, if we can't get level, we won't lose the milk and vital frozen stuff...

JJ :Cool:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I plan for the new Engel fridge freezer to be used in tandem, Roger... so, for example, if we can't get level, we won't lose the milk and vital frozen stuff...

JJ :Cool:

Can we have pictures, please, of how you install a fridge freezer in a tandem. Will you power it from the pedals?

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Here you go ::bigsmile:

Link Removed
I can just see JJ & Frankie pedalling around on this :ROFLMAO:

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I know what you mean JJ. I have had the parts to make a new control panel for almost a year now and only just got round to doing it last week. I also installed some new lighting, redid some of the vinyl wrapping, fitted the last deadlock, fixed the bit of paneling in the shower and installed a toilet roll holder.

None of this would have been possible without the threat of a visit by a beautiful young lady.......

Bugger, she had to go before she saw the van so all the hard work wasted:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back