LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
As I type this we are sat out side with the cadac in motion cooking a chilli. :thumb: yesterday we had bacon sarni's and a BBQ Saturday. We like the cadac linked off the LPG tank so nice day the wife cooks outside. :thumb: got ours with tesco points, so got the top of range one for about £45 bargain.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Most people who "like it" never actually barbeque with it, they use the big paella pan or the frying pan. As a actual barbecue Ive never seen a worse designed one. Too many parts to clean after cooking even a small amount.

Then when you realise that you only use it with the big paella pan, you might as well use a smaller gas ring below that superb pan, rather than the lumpy cadac with its stupid bent legs, that just won't stow efficiently I now just use the big cadac paella pan with small one ring burners that you can buy for a tenner. In fact I've cooked breakfast for a hundred people using exactly that setup below.

images

8628.jpg

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi
We just have the small version had it for 5 years , yes a bit of cleaning if you use it for a BBQ, but sometimes we just use the gas ring for curry or paella etc, we stand it on a folding paella stand to save bending down (saves the poor old back) lol, the cadac fits in to a small bag for storage, we find it ok for the two of us. Peter :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
We have the Safari Chef LPG version and like it.
Big enough for us.

I wouldnt consider any kind of BBQ other than the disposable type...nothing to clean.
That being the case I couldnt give an opinion on any other than this one: Ebay Item number: 221079171207, which I found to be a complete piece of crap. Waste of money.

That said, the Cadac does what I want it to do, so cant fault it.

All about preferences, I suppose.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi
We just have the small version had it for 5 years , yes a bit of cleaning if you use it for a BBQ, but sometimes we just use the gas ring for curry or paella etc, we stand it on a folding paella stand to save bending down (saves the poor old back) lol, the cadac fits in to a small bag for storage, we find it ok for the two of us. Peter :thumb:

Peter, I think the smaller version is a better, especially for efficient stowing. We only used ours as a gas ring which is why we dumped it for the cheap gas ring shown above:thumb:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
!B8z!LhgEWk~$(KGrHqF,!lcEy+jC0tgqBM4CpPUEuw~~0_12.JPG
Worth it?
Anyone selling one?

Me.... I am the same as Jim.....not a fan....... Yes I have one the Safari Chef LPG version tapped into a outside BBQ point..would I recommend them!! NO...

I have one of these a Paella ring purchased in Spain...9" across run from my outside BBQpoint......cost me 13 euros..(£10.0).....My Safari Chef LPG cost me 96 euros in France when the first came out....Boy did I waste my money
:Doh::Doh:

Paella ring:thumb::thumb:
Link Removed

Last edited:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Most people who "like it" never actually barbeque with it, they use the big paella pan or the frying pan. As a actual barbecue Ive never seen a worse designed one. Too many parts to clean after cooking even a small amount.

Then when you realise that you only use it with the big paella pan, you might as well use a smaller gas ring below that superb pan, rather than the lumpy cadac with its stupid bent legs, that just won't stow efficiently I now just use the big cadac paella pan with small one ring burners that you can buy for a tenner. In fact I've cooked breakfast for a hundred people using exactly that setup below.

images

Got one of these Jim yes better than the Cadac and cheaper the only trouble is because of the small canister they always ran out while I was cooking:cry::Doh:... also while replacing the refill I would loose all the heat in what I was cooking:Doh::Doh::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

And not enough High heat in the CADAC JIM

Last edited:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
!B8z!LhgEWk~$(KGrHqF,!lcEy+jC0tgqBM4CpPUEuw~~0_12.JPG

Me.... I am the same as Jim.....not a fan....... Yes I have one the Safari Chef LPG version tapped into a outside BBQ point..would I recommend them!! NO...

I have one of these a Paella ring purchased in Spain...9" across run from my outside BBQpoint......cost me 13 euros..(£10.0).....My Safari Chef LPG cost me 96 euros in France when the first came out....Boy did I waste my money
:Doh::Doh:

Paella ring:thumb::thumb:
Link Removed
Have had one of those for years. Plug it into the outside BBQ socket and use the big round cast iron griddle for BBQing and also use it with the pressure cooker outside to save the steam in the van. Best BBQ ever.

S

stagman

Deleted User
Thanks all for the replies and PM..

The Cadac Safari Chef is a brilliant bit of kit and if you have an outside gas point on the van even better used it a lot great for fish ,and other meats loads of uses ,and never had any probs cleaning ,as for the one with the disposable bottle wouldnt bother with it .:thumb:

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
We have a Cadac Carri chef and we like it. We use it for all kinds of cooking but admittedly less BBQ and more griddle, fry pan and the skottle which is pretty good for stir frying and cooking meat in sauce.
I loaned it to my son who managed to set it alight by forgetting to put the deflector in (he didn't admit this straight away) but Cadac replaced all the parts that were ruined free of charge.
We like it because of the variety of meals we can prepare and it packs down small enough to go in our underbelly.
So no we're not selling it.
:winky:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I've got an LP one for sale, and a spare griddle/grill plate and BBQ rack too if anyone is interested (to sell separately).:Cool:

Regarding the HP version - don't bother with it as it just doesn't get hot enough - if you get one, go for the LP one.:thumb:

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
Through recommendation. we use a Cobb BBq cook and bbq nice bit of kit :thumb: