Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I know that many of you store your motorhomes away from your homes and that some do struggle to find suitable storage facilities to keep their pride and joy safe. In the Review Section I have just added a place to list and review the storage facilities you use, So if you know of a terrible storage facility then please warn other Funsters about it. Please also share the good ones as well. :thumb:

Link Removed

A

Anne

Deleted User
Motor Home Storage

Hi All,

We use a motor home/caravan storage facility just outside Cannock, Staffs,,, they charge £1.00 per day, but for that you have CCTV, its surrounded by a moat, and a 10 foot elec fence, a very large dog, plus elec gates, which can only be opened by the owners, its run by 2 young guys who are lovely, You have to quote your "number" and sign every time you go in and out,, if anyone wants their details let me know... I wont put it on the site as they don't advertise (theres not even a sign outside the place, so anyone driving past wouldnt even know it is there) - On purpose! We will be leaving them in October as we are moving our motor home to a friend's house, who owns a massive plot of land next to his house, and its a lot closer to our home! This is the only reason we are moving,,, Its a great facility and would recommend them to anyone!
Anne

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
a very usefull post anne.....no use to me up here in yorkshire but might be of interest to others...:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
indoor motorhome storage

Hi All
If anyone is looking for MH storage in south west Scotland get in touch as a friend of mine is starting caravan mh storage this winter he has a small holding with very large shed he has locked gate and shed and is in a very safe location so let me know if interested and i will let him know.

Gerry

Chrisdy

Free Member
Sep 24, 2008
Dorset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
I know that many of you store your motorhomes away from your homes and that some do struggle to find suitable storage facilities to keep their pride and joy safe. In the Review Section I have just added a place to list and review the storage facilities you use, So if you know of a terrible storage facility then please warn other Funsters about it. Please also share the good ones as well. :thumb:

Link Removed
Jim,

Maybe I'm missing something, but exactly how do you add a review to the Storage Section? Our RV is in a very secure Gold CaSSOA site in Dorset. Trying to put it into the review section but can't work out how. Help please.....

sandyketton

Free Member
Aug 29, 2007
South West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Eight years but ten years tugging in an earlier life
"I know that many of you store your motorhomes away from your homes and that some do struggle to find suitable storage facilities to keep their pride and joy safe. In the Review Section I have just added a place to list and review the storage facilities you use, So if you know of a terrible storage facility then please warn other Funsters about it. Please also share the good ones as well." :thumb:

Whilst I think the above is probably a good idea to help others, I am a bit wary about advertising to all and sundry where my vehicle is stored.
The site is secure with swipe cards and CCTV and is not visible from the road. The owner has directional notices for the light industry nearby but does not mention caravan storage, which from the van owners point of view is a good security point. However you cannot be too careful.
Mind you, at £420 pa in advance it ought to be secure.
Sandy

Edit: None of the above is meant to cast any doubt on other Funsters , but, the internet is open to all. Sandy

Last edited:

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980

Link Removed

Hi
Go here, Link Removed

It seems to be a good search site.

Jim :thumb:

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Storage in Oxford

RV owners struggle to find suitable storage in Oxford. Apart from on local farms, which are very limited and not especially secure, there are few facilities - no CASSOA sites within 20 miles. However a new facility has recently opened in Cowley, Oxford next to the Mini factory, which can take over 50 vehicles under cover and more on the hard standing park outside. Very suitable for motor homes, caravans, and cars with good security, CCTV etc. Go to Link Removed for contact details. That's where my campervan is going for the winter!!

peter H

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2008
Neath, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Nearly 4 years

Link Removed

I use storewithus.co.uk in Bridgend.

Its a secure compound with 2.5 mtr high palisade fence (nice and sharp spiky top to it). CCTV systems 24/7 with swipe card access. Van has a transponder in it and if van transponder and swipe card don't match "all hell breaks loose"

Cost about £1 per day (seems to be about average) and pay either year in advance for a discount or monthly by DD.

Peter

phil palin

Free Member
Feb 28, 2009
birmingham
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
5yrs
::bigsmile:hi ann i am new here could you please let me have the details of this storage am desperate to find safe storage am not to far away from cannock,many thanks.
Hi All,

We use a motor home/caravan storage facility just outside Cannock, Staffs,,, they charge £1.00 per day, but for that you have CCTV, its surrounded by a moat, and a 10 foot elec fence, a very large dog, plus elec gates, which can only be opened by the owners, its run by 2 young guys who are lovely, You have to quote your "number" and sign every time you go in and out,, if anyone wants their details let me know... I wont put it on the site as they don't advertise (theres not even a sign outside the place, so anyone driving past wouldnt even know it is there) - On purpose! We will be leaving them in October as we are moving our motor home to a friend's house, who owns a massive plot of land next to his house, and its a lot closer to our home! This is the only reason we are moving,,, Its a great facility and would recommend them to anyone!
Anne

long range

Free Member
Feb 25, 2009
Funster No
Storage facility

Hi Anne, we would be most interested in the details for the site near Cannock, we do store ours but it is a lot further away, many thanks gail + denis:Smile:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi All,

Anne
Hi sounds like a useful place. Just a word of caution any vehicle parked on grass it prone to rust and also attack from mice. Do make sure you set traps, use a rodent repellent. seals all vents with mouseproof grills etc. We suffered a lot of wiring damage last year.

des

Free Member
Oct 1, 2007
south staffs
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
5 years
we store at the CASSAO gold site near Rugeley, Staffs. Inside. Expensive, but in my view worth it for the protection and peace of mind. Thoroughly recommend it to others.

des

porky1949

Free Member
Feb 13, 2009
brighton
Funster No
MH
rv
Exp
van storage

hi all.
you should think how lucky you are to be north of Watford.
down south we pay double give or take a few pounds
in sussex secure storage starts approx £6 to 9 hundred
personaly i pay for the peace of mind and store in essex
80 mls brighton, and enjoy the drive round the m25 car park,
o to be north of watford. lucky people.
j&j:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries