National Indoor Arena Birmingham (1 Viewer)

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
I'm considering going to a show at the NIA and have looked up campsites nearby (it would be October). Has anyone stayed the CC site at Chapel Hall and travelled to the NIA by public transport? Is it doable? Or do you know of another place to stay that would be convenient?
Thanks
Mags

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Think you mean Chapel Lane CC site, at Wythall.

TBH I'm not sure what transport is near, says bus stop within 1 mile but not sure where to - or how frequent. Have been to Beckett's Farm shop (next door to the site) several times in my life but always by car .....

If I was you I'd give the site a ring; thing is probably depends what times of day/night you are needing your bus!

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
This one is close to the NEC but is Adult only ::bigsmile:

Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Mags52

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
Thanks for the help. Somerswood seems to be 16 miles from the National indoor Arena so Chapel Lane is still closer. I'll call them today. I suppose worst case scenario is just a taxi back after the show.
Thanks folks.
Mags

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
The NIA is in the centre of Birmingham and the city centre is pretty motorhome unfriendly.

You could look at sites further out, Warwick, Stratford upon Avon etc and consider getting the train into Birmingham. There are regular trains in from Birmingham International (the railway station at the NEC), with a large pay on exit car park

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
According to the local attractions Blurb on the Somerswood Site, the NEC is only 3 miles away ? :Smile:

"Approximately 3 miles from Somers Wood is the Birmingham National Exhibition Centre, staging more than 180 exhibitions every year ranging from the world famous public shows such as Crufts Dog Show, National Boat & Caravan Show and The British International Motor Show to International Trade Exhibitions like IPEX and Spring Fair. The NEC Arena is also renowned for its blockbusting concerts and sporting events."

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Somers Wood is only a short drive into Birmingham International railway station, just depends on the times of travel. The buses also go into Birmingham from here.

If you need any work doing, Dave Newell is opposite a site in Telford, there are regular trains into Birmingham New Street Station from Telford.

The NEC, Birmingham airport and Birmingham International railway station are in Solihull.

The NIA, Birmingham New Street and Birmingham Snow Hill stations are in the centre of Birmingham.

We make it very easy to get people lost around here, the athletics teams from the USA and Jamaica are here, the plan is to let them find there own way to London....:roflmto:

nucs200

Free Member
Sep 4, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
a while now
I'm considering going to a show at the NIA and have looked up campsites nearby (it would be October). Has anyone stayed the CC site at Chapel Hall and travelled to the NIA by public transport? Is it doable? Or do you know of another place to stay that would be convenient?
Thanks
Mags[/QUOTE

you could try riendeer park lodge between sutton coldfield (near the belfry) and kingsbury speak to john or his daughter becky they are very helpful he has room for 5/6 vans lovely setting with riendeers

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
I wondered about Somers Wood and parking at Bham Intnl, but then thought a) dunno if there are height barriers on the crapark there these days and b) if it was a late-night return, would you be able to get back into the campsite?

You have also to know if you come in to New Street by train, it's about a 15 minute walk to Symphony Hall, so at least another 5 to the NIA. OTOH you would have no trouble by taxi from New St if you aren't up to the walk (I don't know MHVirgins so it's as well to mention such things) but dunno about coming back whether plenty of taxis are available or what. There is a taxi rank at International station; which certainly has a lot of taxis in it when you get off a train after the 'rush hour' or during the day on weekdays - but again dunno bout late at night.

There is a Limited Stop bus service from Meriden to B'ham city centre (well the Rag Market area) (? no. 900) but dunno times. And you'd have to walk from Somers Wood to Meriden anyway (? 20 mins) ...... bus takes about 45 mins from memory. We went into Brum once by that route - car to Meriden and parked, bus to Brum with our bus passes one day when I had to go to give blood at the main place in B'ham (New St, nr Victoria Sq) and I was cream crackered when we got there, from the bus drop-off point behind Selfridges.

Both Wythall and Meriden are country areas so lovely as a campsite location, but public transport ....... ?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back