Free Member
Aug 7, 2011
manchester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
9 years motorhome / 10 years campervan
i have a kathereine square type manual wind up dish on my van and as i understand from funsters previous posts, it is very unlikely to be able to pick up any signals on such a small dish when you get down to southern spain . so can anyone tell me what do you do for tv over a 3 month winter stay on a benidorm campsite [el raco for example] ? do they have a communal site connection ?if so whats it like ,how does it hook up etc ?

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I also have the same system as you and it wont work that far south. All campsites in Benidorm have UK sat hookup. You will just need a lead to hook your satbox to the outlet on the post. I have a separate outside connection for this purpose, but you can just feed it in through a window if you wish.

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
El Raco has an analogue TV system via a coax cable to your TV. You then need to tune your TV to accept the channels. You also may have to reset your audio input or you could get the channels but no sound.

I have never been to a campsite in Spain that has a linked satellite system that you can connect to your sat box. I'm not saying there aren't any but I just can't see how it could possibly work.

Pete:Cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
El Raco has an analogue TV system via a coax cable to your TV. You then need to tune your TV to accept the channels. You also may have to reset your audio input or you could get the channels but no sound.

I have never been to a campsite in Spain that has a linked satellite system that you can connect to your sat box. I'm not saying there aren't any but I just can't see how it could possibly work.

OOps sorry, I meant hookup to TV not satbox.

OP
OP
G

greyman1

Free Member
Aug 7, 2011
manchester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
thanks guys your replies are much appreciated . what sort of channels do you get via this connection ? regards garry

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
thanks guys your replies are much appreciated . what sort of channels do you get via this connection ? regards garry

If I remember rightly El Raco has BBC1, ITV1, Sky Sports and also some Dutch, German and French channels.

If I've missed any I'm sure some one will add them.

OP
OP
G

greyman1

Free Member
Aug 7, 2011
manchester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
thanks pete . what did you think of el raco ? would you reccomend it for a long stay ? its locallity seems ok but just wondered wether there was anything to watch out for !

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
i have a kathereine square type manual wind up dish on my van and as i understand from funsters previous posts, it is very unlikely to be able to pick up any signals on such a small dish when you get down to southern spain . so can anyone tell me what do you do for tv over a 3 month winter stay on a benidorm campsite [el raco for example] ? do they have a communal site connection ?if so whats it like ,how does it hook up etc ?
Hi Raco does have a Ariel system not many channels but main Brit ones, we where there this year nice clean site and close to Benidorm prom etc. Peter :thumb:

Ps your lead will mead a male and female connection but they have a selection on site.

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
thanks pete . what did you think of el raco ? would you reccomend it for a long stay ? its locallity seems ok but just wondered wether there was anything to watch out for !

All the sites in and around Benidorm are pretty much the same. If you don't like walking into town the bus service is cheap and regular.

Benisol which is up near El Cisne is ACSI discount so could save you a few Euro's.

I quite like Arena Blanca and La Torreta but El Raco is a good starting site if you've not been to Benidorm before.

Anything too look out for? Not really except that the UK Gypsies have used El Raco in the past and they can be a bit intimidating if you get mixed in among them.

Watch out for pitches with trees on them in El Raco and if you go there, park outside and walk the site to find a pitch. It's a big site so if you have bikes use them to find a pitch, rather than walking round.

Last edited:

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
Do you have a dog?

If so El Raco is supposed to be dog friendly with a dog walk by the entrance.

Owners do not pick up in the dog walk area and it absolutely stinks.

Other campers without dogs hate the fact that El Raco accept dogs and are extremely rude to people with dogs, we felt intimidated with our dogs because non dog users feel they own the place. Some Dutch, English etc stay for the winter and it is very clicky.

Other than that it is a nice site, but very big.
We stayed at the very far end of the site because of having dogs with us.
It is a long walk to the entrance/exit and dogs will be dogs.::bigsmile:
I always carried doggy bags and disinfectant and paper towels, but still cannot please some folk.

I don't think we will be going again.

Villasol is the best one in my view but they do not take dogs, so if we leave them at home it will be VillaSol every time.

As someone has already said they all have English TV.

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

greyman1

Free Member
Aug 7, 2011
manchester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
thanks again guys .yes lesley jean we do have a dog and it is really for that reason that we thought raco might be the most suitable.so thanks for the heads up regarding your experiences it gives us an insight into what to expect ! many thanks garry.

Jun 15, 2010
glasgow
Funster No
MH
banger autotrail
Exp
Do you have a dog?

If so El Raco is supposed to be dog friendly with a dog walk by the entrance.

Owners do not pick up in the dog walk area and it absolutely stinks.

Other campers without dogs hate the fact that El Raco accept dogs and are extremely rude to people with dogs, we felt intimidated with our dogs because non dog users feel they own the place. Some Dutch, English etc stay for the winter and it is very clicky.

Other than that it is a nice site, but very big.
We stayed at the very far end of the site because of having dogs with us.
It is a long walk to the entrance/exit and dogs will be dogs.::bigsmile:
I always carried doggy bags and disinfectant and paper towels, but still cannot please some folk.

I don't think we will be going again.

Villasol is the best one in my view but they do not take dogs, so if we leave them at home it will be VillaSol every time.

As someone has already said they all have English TV.
had the same hassle this year. they never used to charge for dogs or electric but do now .my dog had a we piddle when i was walking to the top and and the cloggs went mental. they really think they own the site.just told them to f... off. i always pick up after my dog the walk at the top is something else minging

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back