Renault Master (2011) (1 Viewer)

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Have any funsters had problems with Renault Master chassis, 2011 variety??
I developed a very slight hesitation on pick up which caused a miss. This was more annoying than serious, so I thought. On Wednesday I had it booked in to my local Renault dealer who said it should just take a short while to sort and just wait.
After they plugged it's brain into the computer masses of faults and errors came up. The foreman suggested they keep it to eliminate ALL the registered problems. Remember I had NO massive problems when I presented it to them. It is now Thursday and they say it will be another 3 working days, you could build a motorhome faster.
A customer of mine has stated that instead of a general recall they just repair them when a customer takes them in for a repair or service, this could be one of those times. The dealer cannot tell me what is wrong and what is being done, that's normal I suppose.

Has anyone had a problem with a Master or even the Trafic?? Please let me know.
Thanks in anticipation.

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
I bought a Euro 5 van back end of last year. Now done 10,000 miles and so far so good.

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
What do you mean? the dealer cannot tell you what is wrong or what they are doing that is just not on its your van you want to know insist they tell you what they are doing

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Have any funsters had problems with Renault Master chassis, 2011 variety??
I developed a very slight hesitation on pick up which caused a miss. This was more annoying than serious, so I thought. On Wednesday I had it booked in to my local Renault dealer who said it should just take a short while to sort and just wait.
After they plugged it's brain into the computer masses of faults and errors came up. The foreman suggested they keep it to eliminate ALL the registered problems. Remember I had NO massive problems when I presented it to them. It is now Thursday and they say it will be another 3 working days, you could build a motorhome faster.
A customer of mine has stated that instead of a general recall they just repair them when a customer takes them in for a repair or service, this could be one of those times. The dealer cannot tell me what is wrong and what is being done, that's normal I suppose.

Has anyone had a problem with a Master or even the Trafic?? Please let me know.
Thanks in anticipation.

Hi Wiljoy yes they do sometimes repair etc under warranty while in for service etc, but for them not to know or tell you what is wrong is B-----ks You will stand for the egg under the cap :winky:You want to insist on a printout of all the fault codes and for them to tell you what they mean/what is wrong -a lot of the time one electrical fault leads to another and another in the computers mind and a simple reset can clear all the faults and miraculously they disappear.::bigsmile: But they can come back if the original fault is not rectified :thumb:They could be waiting for a simple part but wanting your van for 3 days is taking the pee inc the weekend that's 5 days or more :Eeek::Eeek::Doh: Are you sure the foreman does not want a weekend away in your van ?::bigsmile:
terry

OP
OP
wiljoy
May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Many thanks to the funsters who acknowledged my request for help.
The route of the problem with my Renault Master (2011) is a electrical gremlin. This was causing a slight delay which is not showing up on the all singing and dancing diagnostics machine. They have not (surprise) had this problem before and the only cure is to carefully go through the lists of electrical codes and check every set up. This is 2012 and I thought a simple plug in was easy, not so, if the initial programme is faulty then the whole system has to be inspected.
This is the reason for a 3 day period of inspection. My interpretation is they haven't got a B..... clue as to how a fix can be put in place.
Time will tell and patience must be a top priority although it is very difficult as I don't trust anyone trying to fix my van, trying being the main theme.

OP
OP
wiljoy
May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Collected van today and the problem is sorted. As advised I was given a printout of the faults along with the meanings and an account of the work carried out.
The problem appears to have been electrical and messaging of fuel supply. It has happened to only a small batch of vehicles but all is ok now.
I must say this is my first visit and experience of Renault and am very happy with the service and help received, I better be careful or I may be praising them.
Time will tell when I have a bigger problem, god forbid.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I developed a very slight hesitation on pick up which caused a miss.

<FX Freud Accent> I am thinking that if you cause a miss your pick up is better than you give yourself credit for.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back