Oct 22, 2007
sheffield
Funster No
MH
Compass Kensington
Exp
25 years
Hi all,

Two pubs who let motorhomes park free overnight/or longer if you have a drink, we have used both of these:-

The Railway - Thorpe-on-the-Hill, Nr Licoln - excellent food, excellent prices, food is cooked fresh.

The Coach & Horses - Billinghay - Nr Saxilby - excellent food, friendly host, rally field,

These may have already been posted if so apologies.

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Hi all,

Two pubs who let motorhomes park free overnight/or longer if you have a drink, we have used both of these:-

The Railway - Thorpe-on-the-Hill, Nr Licoln - excellent food, excellent prices, food is cooked fresh.

The Coach & Horses - Billinghay - Nr Saxilby - excellent food, friendly host, rally field,

In Shrewsbury...The Grapes...nearly opposite the Oxon caravan park ! Carvery there...2 for around £ 9-10 !:thumb::thumb:

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
In Bridgnorth:

The Woodberry Down, Victoria Road WV16 4LF

They do food and it's a short and fairly level walk into town. They have permission for up to 5 vans at a time.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
The nith hotel at Glencaple just outside Dumfries have a parking place you dont even have to use the pub you can donate a small amount in the box for the local community.

Right on the river side village has hotel shop and lovely walks

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
On me way to the Farm on Sat, and saw 8 or 9 M/H parked in the yard of the Star Inn at Vogue, Just the Redruth side of St Day.
Could have been a Rally?

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
In Shrewsbury...The Grapes...nearly opposite the Oxon caravan park ! Carvery there...2 for around £ 9-10 !:thumb::thumb:

I have had that carvery a few times - pretty good.

Haven't been in there though since my daughter was about 4 and climbed on a stool and fell off onto a tiled floor head first. Blood everywhere.

Convenient for the Royal Shrewsbury hospital though::bigsmile:

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
Hi all,

At the risk of being labeled a Pedant, Billinghay is not near Saxilby. Its at least 25 miles away from Saxilby and you would have to go through or around Lincoln to get there.

Pete:Cool:

OP
OP
runrig

runrig

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 22, 2007
sheffield
Funster No
MH
Compass Kensington
Exp
25 years
Hi Pete,

Sorry about that :Doh: but then again I am only a woman, but if I was going to Billinghay I would look it up on map or google it, its a good job that us women arent pickerty about everything that men say and do :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Not perfect by a long chalk :thumb:

Sheila

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
At the risk of being labeled a Pedant, Billinghay is not near Saxilby. Its at least 25 miles away from Saxilby and you would have to go through or around Lincoln to get there.

I reckon Sheila meant Coningsby ...as in RAF Coningsby

only a couple of miles away :thumb:

Jul 29, 2011
Urmston, Manchester
Funster No
MH
Former owner.
Exp
June 2012
[HI]The nith hotel at Glencaple [/HI]just outside Dumfries have a parking place you dont even have to use the pub you can donate a small amount in the box for the local community.

Right on the river side village has hotel shop and lovely walks

Went in there a lot when family lived nearby - was 35 years ago though

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
Fair enough. I'm Lincolnshire born and bred, so I do get a bit excited when "Grockles" get it wrong about my beloved county.

OP
OP
runrig

runrig

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 22, 2007
sheffield
Funster No
MH
Compass Kensington
Exp
25 years
Na sithie lad am Yorkshire born and bred but not a Grokle but mi grandma wer a Lincolnshire Yellow belly so summat of that is running through mi veins.
But no ard feelings lad.

Sheila

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
Na sithie lad am Yorkshire born and bred but not a Grokle but mi grandma wer a Lincolnshire Yellow belly so summat of that is running through mi veins.
But no ard feelings lad.

Sheila

Yorkies ain't so bad once you get to know 'em.

Forgiven.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back