Taking my first tentative steps .... (1 Viewer)

Jul 17, 2012
Bury St Edmunds
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
1 year on and loving it!
..... into the world of Motorhomes!

Hullo!

Have decided to be a little like a snail and carry my home on my back via a motorhome. Not bought anything yet, but will probably do so come March next year. Well that's the plan anyway!

Not getting any younger, am disabled and decided that before my body got just to buckled and bent, it would be wiser to start travelling NOW rather than wait the couple of years I had intended to!

Limited finance means that the motorhome is going to be an old one, but having a son, his friend as well as my 'Man What Does' being good 'bush mechanics' (yup, we come from the wilds of Africa, though England is now my home) I reckon they can save the day should anything go wrong.

So that's me in a nutshell -I have found reading the disabled thread very, very interesting - lots of food for thought there. :D

mandymops

Free Member
Apr 2, 2012
Streatham
Funster No
MH
bedford rascal nipper
Exp
I'm a newbie
Welcome

Sounds like an excellent plan.Best of luck. Whereabouts in Africa are you from? I'm ex Zim.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Taking my first steps

Welcome!!::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

I have noticed that m/homes will probably be cheaper at the end of the season (Sept time) that at the start of the new season (April time ish).

You may pick yourself up a real bargin!

S:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Philcott
Jul 17, 2012
Bury St Edmunds
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
1 year on and loving it!
Sounds like an excellent plan.Best of luck. Whereabouts in Africa are you from? I'm ex Zim.

Schooled in what was then S Rhodesia, College in Zambia - lived in Botswana, South West Africa, South Africa and Zim (husband was a contract worker!) Settled in the Durban/Pietermartizburg are in South Africa.

I came over here at the begining of 1996 and have stayed! I do go back home as often as I can though, as I still have my mum, dad and siblings over there. Thankfully the children and grandkids followed me over here! :)

OP
OP
Philcott
Jul 17, 2012
Bury St Edmunds
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
1 year on and loving it!
Welcome!!::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

I have noticed that m/homes will probably be cheaper at the end of the season (Sept time) that at the start of the new season (April time ish).

You may pick yourself up a real bargin!

S:thumb:

thanks for that! Will have to save fast in that case! Can see baked beans on toast being a staple for a while! :D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back