wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
I now know why they are called WOW.............

::bigsmile:That's the sound you make when you first drive away after they've updated your ecu.::bigsmile:

I had this done at the Northwest show by Adam, who explained what he was doing throughout the 45 minutes it took to re-progamme the ecu.

Initial impressions were of much more power, and we're talking torque here. In the words of the saying..."You buy horsepower - you drive torque"

And believe me, there is a lot more. My weedy 2.4 Transit engine now benefits from 75+ more torques.

Why is this a good thing?

It makes for a safer drive.
There is now power to do that overtake safely that you would not have attempted before.
You get to your cruising speed more quickly, which allows you to feather the throttle sooner, which will translate to increased mpg figures (hopefully).

I have yet to see how it copes with some Pennine hills, but so far I am very impressed.
In years gone by, I'd be skimming heads, fitting bigger valves, changing camshafts etc etc.

Now it's all done by plugging a laptop into a diagnostic socket.

£255 well spent.

:thumb:

Southampton

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 16, 2011
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
I had mine done last week on the drive. Not had chance for a decent run yet, just a couple of miles locally, but hey, I could feel the difference. Had mine tuned for economy so hopefully I will feel the benefits when I head to Croatia on Thursday.
Derek

pablomc

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2010
Durham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
What is the downside, higher chance of engine problems?

If it is performed by a reputable company (that will back up the service) there is no down that I can see. WOW for example have performed over 2000 remaps with not one failure according the Broken Link Removed.

Happy with my remap having covered over 10K miles with it so far. :thumb:

chester copperpot

Free Member
Jul 12, 2012
Cardiff
Funster No
MH
Looking for one
Exp
none
If it is performed by a reputable company (that will back up the service) there is no down that I can see. WOW for example have performed over 2000 remaps with not one failure according the Broken Link Removed.

Happy with my remap having covered over 10K miles with it so far. :thumb:

That's great to hear.

I'd like to try it but I drive like a snail. I have a 2.8 diesel and I hardly ever go over 2000 revs.

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
type into google" remap clutch problems" and view the results:Sad:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pablomc

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2010
Durham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
That's great to hear.

I'd like to try it but I drive like a snail. I have a 2.8 diesel and I hardly ever go over 2000 revs.

Broken Link Removed do offer a 30 day no quibble money back guarantee, so nothing to lose in that respect.

They normal recommend the Quantum blue for motorhomes which is a hybrid between improved performance and economy.

I am starting to sound like a salesman. :Doh::roflmto:

pablomc

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2010
Durham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009

Thats a fair point Chris makes. A remap could accentuate a existing clutch problem.

There is a thread Broken Link Removed where someone had this very issue.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
That's great to hear.

Snap. I don't need any more power :thumb:

OP
OP
wivvy's dad

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
In the inimitable words of LJK Setright...

"Enough is never enough, more than enough is sufficient"

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years

If there is a parade or chips to be pissed on, Chris will piss on them ::bigsmile:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I cannot speak highly enough for WOW!

Had a remap and on my 2.8 pug it really did not deliver

Spoke to Chris at length who then arranged for the map to be removed, then download the standard map, and build a custom map for me all at no extra cost

Considering how much I happily pay for performance mapping on my Smarts, I am well happy

Clutch's
Yes, if your clutch is coming to the end then remapping and gaining extra torque will bring the matter to light..
But.............
Bottom line is the remap will not cause the clutch to fail early, it will only bring to light an existing problem which, when you think about it, is actually no bad thing

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
face it WivysDad,,

you just having it done to catch me in me new car :winky:

look at this beauty,

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kenjonbro/3790448184/in/photostream/

you had me worried the other night, I thought it didn't exist, but I knew different, I thought I might of been ripped off, then I realised why I paid so much, before doing a deal with someone to get this

http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq269/lignermotorsports/IMAG0258.jpg

what a great colour :roflmto:

Oh the Remap? yes had mine done by wow, needed the horses, over 70000 miles in 3 different vans and never had a problem with a clutch.:winky:

till next time ::bigsmile:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
face it WivysDad,,

you just having it done to catch me in me new car :winky:

look at this beauty,

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kenjonbro/3790448184/in/photostream/

you had me worried the other night, I thought it didn't exist, but I knew different, I thought I might of been ripped off, then I realised why I paid so much, before doing a deal with someone to get this

http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq269/lignermotorsports/IMAG0258.jpg

what a great colour :roflmto:

Oh the Remap? yes had mine done by wow, needed the horses, over 70000 miles in 3 different vans and never had a problem with a clutch.:winky:

till next time ::bigsmile:

That angel box.. Looks like one of my ones !
Same spec that I used to turn out too ( but with Janspeed bunch of bananas hanging off the side being fed with a Piper Yellow knobbly stick..........

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Had mine done 2000 miles ago a great mod the increased torque is brilliant. Can't say I've noticed any increase in mpg in fact it may be slightly worse but a much nicer drive and less gearchanging.

As for clutch failures mine was getting harder and harder before having the remap and I kept putting off replacing it but within a month of remapping I had to do it. Did'nt realise how bad it was until I changed it, it literally fell out in pieces so nothing to do with the remap although the extra power probably finished it off.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back