Hymer blinds (1 Viewer)

Jul 29, 2011
Urmston, Manchester
Funster No
MH
Former owner.
Exp
June 2012
Hymer B694 - has anybody taken the blinds apart, a couple of mine work fine when i slide them up but don't come down so smoothly, i need to jiggle them about as one side moves easier than the other.:Sad:
Before i make an attempt to look at them i thought i should get to know whether there are any pit falls to taking them apart.:Eeek::Eeek:

Mar 29, 2010
Hebden Bridge
Funster No
MH
Moto Trek Xcite EB
Exp
Since Sept 2011
Haven't tried it myself but we have had a problem with one of our fly screens and the garage said they were a bit of a pain to take apart. Hymer club don't have anything but I'm sure someone on here will know the answer.

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
You don't say which type of blinds you have, if they are the concertina type, they have string down the sides and across the top which is supposed to keep the blind in line and make sure it folds properly.

To fix you simply remove the cassette, lay it flat on the floor strip and refit the stringing.

I say simply but it is quite fiddly.

Pete:Cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 29, 2010
Hebden Bridge
Funster No
MH
Moto Trek Xcite EB
Exp
Since Sept 2011
You don't say which type of blinds you have, if they are the concertina type, they have string down the sides and across the top which is supposed to keep the blind in line and make sure it folds properly.

To fix you simply remove the cassette, lay it flat on the floor strip and refit the stringing.

I say simply but it is quite fiddly.

How simply does the cassette come off? And refit, that's usually the real Bu**er

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
Taking the cassette off is the easy bit.

Prise off the corner covers, the fixing screws are underneath. Remove the bottom screws first and when removing the top ones be prepared for the whole thing to twist.

Two people make the job a lot easier.

Refit in reverse order, as they say.

Last edited:
OP
OP
PaulyP
Jul 29, 2011
Urmston, Manchester
Funster No
MH
Former owner.
Exp
June 2012
Blinds

Mine are the roller type, fly screen from the top and flat blind from the bottom which can connect together.
Most work ok just get annoyed with the 2 than are fiddlely.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Its pretty easy. Take caps off screws,then remove all screws from around frame. Internal frame then comes out. Lay frame on table and remove 2 clips which hold rollers in. Take out rollers and normally the spring unwinds. You can then re-tension the springs by turning them, take care not to over-tighten. What causes a lot of problems is the night blind becomes frayed at the edges and doesn't role up correctly. You may have to take it out a few times before you get the correct tension.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Paul do a search on my posts I have done a couple of posts about Retension ing blinds-I think the last one included pics :winky:-sorry Ii cannot find it for you but I am on this tablet thing at the moment
Terry

OP
OP
PaulyP
Jul 29, 2011
Urmston, Manchester
Funster No
MH
Former owner.
Exp
June 2012
Blinds

Cheers for that Terry,::bigsmile: thats how i thought they worked but could envisage taking them off and springs flying out :Doh::Doh:
Will look for your posts, wont get around to doing it for a couple of weeks as i am at work, offshore in the north sea and when i get home we are off to scotland for a couple of weeks, unfortunately not in the motorhome.:Sad:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back