HELP !!!!!! Cobra alarm (1 Viewer)

eddieold

Free Member
Apr 28, 2008
Funster No
Can anyone tell me how to switch off the sensor when we go to sleep in the vehicle or leave the dog in there.
Roz gets up in the night and sets the alarm off..
We can't lock the doors and leave the dog whilst we go into a shop

Driving us crazy !!!

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol
Can anyone tell me how to switch off the sensor when we go to sleep in the vehicle or leave the dog in there.

Driving us crazy !!!

When you lock it up press button twice in quick succession

Make sure if set for night when you turn off in morning you open a door or alarm resets
At least mine does

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
Hi
We had the same problem the dealer told us how to do it but we forgot:Doh:
You should have a small button with flashing light by the ignition.
We have to turn on ignition then press the button for a few seconds to deactivate the internal sensors then switch off ignition and set the alarm.
(The alarm dosn't have to be set straight away it can be set a couple of hours later as long as the ignition is not switched on)
Hope this helps it works for us and this is how the dealer explained it to us.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years

Driving us crazy !!!

Hi Eddie
I can't give you an answer for your question, has all we do is draw a curtain across the middle of a night the sensors are in the front cab area,

BUT somebody may have an idea with what's gone wrong with mine, the Habitation door contact as stopped working the van alarm sets also the interior sensors but the door can be opened with no alarm being activated. Peter :Sad:

Jun 21, 2008
Haxey, Doncaster, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2005
I have a cobra alarm to set the sensors to off on the inside press the button on your key twice a red light should flash on your dash when set dont forget to disarm it before opening any doors or you will wake the neighbours

John

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 23, 2011
Huntingdon, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Lyseo 727g
Exp
since 2011
We have the Cobra 4405 system. To disarm the sensors we have to push and hold the small button on the dashboard until a LED flashes. This has to be done within 5 seconds of turning the ignition off .

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
It's going to depend on the system, but with ours (2005 vintage) you press the big button on the plipper key once to set the alarm, then press the small button beside it once within a few seconds to disable the internal sensors. Presumably your manual (or one found online) will tell you this?

A particular problem we had once was the boot door alarm sounding when we were driving, even though the doors were firmly shut. After many roadside stops, cursing and fiddling around I found that the metal brackets that held the switches close to the inside of the doors had worked loose and shifted inwards, so the switch wasn't closing properly when the door did.

BUT somebody may have an idea with what's gone wrong with mine, the Habitation door contact as stopped working the van alarm sets also the interior sensors but the door can be opened with no alarm being activated. Peter :Sad:

Loose wire to the contact? Contact (or part thereof) has shifted from its original position somehow?

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back