Moving On. What Brings You Lots Of Happiness and Contentment? (1 Viewer)

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Stealing Haggers' premise and twisting it around...

What things in Life make you really happy and glad to be alive?

Kicking off (sorry Tofo)

Man City becoming Champions (and especially they way they did it.)

Looking forward to three weeks touring Portugal with a very special person.

Anti-smoking rants on Fun.

Sunny warm days and cool evenings.

JJ

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
A nice box of spanish Sweet White Wine, and a bit of sunshine...

I dont ask for much.. :thumb:

And I`m easily pleased.. :Cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
My husband

My son

My mother-in-law

Our pets

Sunshine

Giving to others

Making other laugh and smile

Having Fun

Alcohol

Cigarettes

Sex

Being in Love

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
makes me happy

:roflmto:Listening to my new engine ticking over and dreaming about where to go next in my motorhome. I think I will visit Ripon Ive never been there before :Smile:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
A sunny day riding a motorbike. No problems can keep up with you.

Oh, it's sunny, I'm going out now, I may be some time.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Helping others

My wife & kids

A big waggley tail at the window when I finish work

Finishing a challenging marathon

Meeting new people

Man united Brighton and Caharlton losing all on the same day

And the sound of a lovely humming generator powered by Honda :thumb:

Listening to Adelle singing

This thread is such a cop out for those of us that love life :Eeek: I could go on all day

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
Quality time spent with friends and family :Smile: Usuallly involving a glass or 10 of something and lots of laughs.

Fulltiming ::bigsmile: Three years on and still have no desire to revert back to four walls.

Going to gigs, although they have reduced since giving up full time employment and moving around more. Foo Fighters, The Kooks, Oasis, Juliette and the Licks and Madonna being some of the best for us.

A good book/ film/ tv show to relax with :Blush:

Meeting Funsters at the occasional rally :thumb:

May 16, 2010
North Hykeham
Funster No
MH
Custom
Exp
much more now
A sunny day riding a motorbike. No problems can keep up with you.

I whole heartedly agree with you here Brian...I am having something of a sh*tty time of it at the moment (doesn't need detailes) but when I go out on my SV I forget all but the road...Its a freedom you cant explain to anyone who doesn't ride...

It is sunny and I think I will join you in a bit...:thumb:

Other than that its making people laugh and smile plus my wonderful l;ady and two daughters that make me happy...

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
A sunny day riding a motorbike.[HI] No problems can keep up with you.[/HI]

When out and about on the Solex problems shoot past and fly off into the distance...

JJ :Cool:

Attachments

• solex 1.jpg
    solex 1.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 17

Touchwood

Free Member
Aug 23, 2011
NE England
Funster No
MH
Compass Avantgarde 140
Exp
5 years and learning
My wonderful wife (my best friend, the love of my life)
My son and daughter, both sources of immense pride and satisfaction in a job (of bringing them up) well done.
My beautiful granddaughter Sophie, her smile, her laughter, her future promise.
My two precious companions, Cavalier King Charles spaniels Molly and Lewis.

Lots of other stuff too, but it all pales into significance relative to the above.

Oh - and having the good sense to realise how lucky I am to have them.

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
Geri, my wife, being in Scotland, family and friends, motorhome, computer, cider, decent food, and wild camping, because its free. and motorhomefun meets.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
A warm summers day in the UK cycling along on our bikes with a picnic on the back, dog roses and honeysuckle in the hedge rows, we don't get them often but when we do magic.

May 16, 2010
North Hykeham
Funster No
MH
Custom
Exp
much more now
::bigsmile:

I thought Funsters were sharing types:winky:

On a serious side....Many years ago a guy once asked me if I would like to come to a wife swapping party.
I replied "do you think there will be anyone there with a 1/2 set of left handed golf clubs?"
He said "no you idiot we are swapping our wives" and I replied "yes I understand that and I would rather have a 1/2 set of LH golf clubs, even though I am right handed, than another mans problem, as I have enough of a problem with the one I've got"
He stormed off muttering...I don't know why as I thought it was a fair deal??

True story...:thumb:

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Sitting outside looking at a beautiful view in perfect silence without a single human or man made object in view or man made sound. I can stay in these spots for hours without a book or any other entertainment and just soak nature up.

Sitting in a quietish pub with a pint and my newspaper with a gentle buzz of conversation about.

Fulltiming because it allows me to have the above two as often as I want and in any combination...

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
First of all, the way I read the question means it only involves "things" not "humans" as to me the "WHO" come in front of the "WHAT".

Without all the "WHO" I cherish, love, care for, none of the below would taste the same!

I love to go away for a long trip in my car with my daughter Stephanie!

I love to walk (preferably in mountains , but could be along a river in the country side)with my son Yannick

I love to drive on mountains roads, on a dry and sunny day , windows wide opened, with no music on .... Happiness has the same flavor than forests and prairies , and you feel like touching the sky !

I love to drive on motorways with moutains in the distance on a sunny and warm day , windows wide opened (you will have noticed by now that I love driving and obviously feel the warmth and the wind::bigsmile:) AND with music on very very loud (Sorry Paul:Blush: .. I still feel like a teenager.... and as long as it's on motorways ... nobody has a chance to be annoyed with my music !:winky:)

I feel peaceful in front of a sunset on the beach, walking in the sea, or in the mountains when after having snowed the moon comes out and sitting in front of my tent I watch the frost on the tall pines shining under the moonlight.

My heart overflows with emotion when I listen to some great piece of classical music. I can cry any moment....

And Of course I love to tour (without too much planning) in the hymer with JJ, wild camping, having laughs, sharing the same excitement for the unknown, meeting good friends and new funsters, either en route or on planned meets, and holding hands with him.

Amicalement

Frankie:Smile:

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
Awww Frankie

You like the same things as me.

Truly

I love walking the dogs, being outdoors, driving the motorhome or the car, just love it.

I could walk for miles.

It's only when I stop that I ache like hell:roflmto:

Mostly just appreciate our beautiful countryside, just wish we had more SUN.:roflmto:

I also feel like a teenager and love to play my music loud, really loud especially when driving the motorhome.

The van rocks because my feet and legs are moving to the music.

I especially like Lonnie Donnigan singing "Rock Island Line", when driving,

The van seems to go faster:roflmto:

And of course, family, the good and the bad times:roflmto:Because coming from such a large family, we always had "sibling rivalry" and still do:roflmto::roflmto:

My faithful friends, my babies, my dogs.

Just lost one after a long illness and miss her so much.:cry:

My "set in his ways", hubby and our lovely son Andy.

I love blue sky's and warm, not too hot, temperatures so I can just soak up the sun, and let it heal my aching bones::bigsmile:

Good food and a glass or two of my favourite tipple.

Life is GOOD.:thumb:

First of all, the way I read the question means it only involves "things" not "humans" as to me the "WHO" come in front of the "WHAT".

Without all the "WHO" I cherish, love, care for, none of the below would taste the same!

I love to go away for a long trip in my car with my daughter Stephanie!

I love to walk (preferably in mountains , but could be along a river in the country side)with my son Yannick

I love to drive on mountains roads, on a dry and sunny day , windows wide opened, with no music on .... Happiness has the same flavor than forests and prairies , and you feel like touching the sky !

I love to drive on motorways with moutains in the distance on a sunny and warm day , windows wide opened (you will have noticed by now that I love driving and obviously feel the warmth and the wind::bigsmile:) AND with music on very very loud (Sorry Paul:Blush: .. I still feel like a teenager.... and as long as it's on motorways ... nobody has a chance to be annoyed with my music !:winky:)

I feel peaceful in front of a sunset on the beach, walking in the sea, or in the mountains when after having snowed the moon comes out and sitting in front of my tent I watch the frost on the tall pines shining under the moonlight.

My heart overflows with emotion when I listen to some great piece of classical music. I can cry any moment....

And Of course I love to tour (without too much planning) in the hymer with JJ, wild camping, having laughs, sharing the same excitement for the unknown, meeting good friends and new funsters, either en route or on planned meets, and holding hands with him.

Amicalement

Frankie:Smile:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Getting two full lines of washing dry and folded today in the wettest July for a thousand years was a rewarding exercise.:winky:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back