Small RV Selling Frenzy (1 Viewer)

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
This selling frenzy of small RVs has prompted me to change my little California. I had a call from some chap interested in a Cali, I met him at the M1 service station half way between us, where he had a look around it and we agreed an extremely good price on my part and I delivered it to him last week. Did a CHAPS transfer and here I am with just a Pennine and money in the bank for a new van. Now the difficult one, what am I going to get.:Smile:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
How about a 30 footsie (Just over) triple slide, LPG, Pure American RV.....:thumb:

Much , Much better than any other rubbish that`s advertised...:ROFLMAO: [COLOR]

OP
OP
buttons
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
How about a 30 footsie (Just over) triple slide, LPG, Pure American RV.....:thumb:

Much , Much better than any other rubbish that`s advertised...:ROFLMAO: [COLOR]

Will it fit under a hight barrier:winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
"Yes"........... of course it will...:thumb:

As long as the barier is no lower than 12 footsie`s and 9inches.. :ROFLMAO:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
something that does more MPG????

This selling frenzy of small RVs has prompted me to change my little California. I had a call from some chap interested in a Cali, I met him at the M1 service station half way between us, where he had a look around it and we agreed an extremely good price on my part and I delivered it to him last week. Did a CHAPS transfer and here I am with just a Pennine and money in the bank for a new van. Now the difficult one, what am I going to get.:Smile:

Something that does more MPG Buttons or a suitable vehicle you can tell whoppers about:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:... but whatever get a real motorhome and not a wannabe this time.

No I will not do what Mo has done and do a sales push on my RV.. we all know about it.

Bob:Blush:

OP
OP
buttons
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Something that does more MPG Buttons or a suitable vehicle you can tell whoppers about:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:... but whatever get a real motorhome and not a wannabe this time.

No I will not do what Mo has done and do a sales push on my RV.. we all know about it.

Believe it or not, a California is still top of my list Bob but my brother has downsized to a LWB van conversion which is very nice too. Only down side is the Fiat bit on the front.:Sad:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
you can get nice van conversions on Mercs

Believe it or not, a California is still top of my list Bob but my brother has downsized to a LWB van conversion which is very nice too. Only down side is the Fiat bit on the front.:Sad:

There is always the sprinter chassis (Merc) to consider.. not everything is Fiat in this world I am pleased to say.

OP
OP
buttons
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
There is always the sprinter chassis (Merc) to consider.. not everything is Fiat in this world I am pleased to say.

There are a few of them out there, I am in no rush so I intend to have a good look at everything. I have a couple of flights booked and I have the Pennine to tow so I might just wait until after Christmas and see what is around. :thumb:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+

Buttons nowt wrong with Fiat ...I love them:thumb::thumb:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
The same lumps have been used in Farts, pugs, and reno's .. super reliable bits of kit as a general rule :thumb:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+

Don't believe all what they say about Merc.........:Eeek::whatthe:and not from a funster with a 23'.9" RV who's been trying to sell it since he purchased it...What was the words on his threads "Look at my link below 23'.9":Doh::Doh::Doh::cry::cry: sounds like salesmanship:winky::winky: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: they tell me BOB was looking to buy a VW Cali to pull his toy hauler:winky::winky:
Sorry Bob...
Joking apart...
Our present Motorhome is one of the new type Fiats and my previous Motorhome was also the same new type Fiat.. 130..2.3 multijet,(not the latest Fiat 5) they are fast, pull like a train, economical, comfortable,and like driving a car... not a lorry!!.....In fact I would not consider anything else but the Fiat in a motorhome:thumb:

Buttons I do believe they did have some gear box problems 2007-2008 on the 2.3 and the 3 ltr ... my 1st new shaped/type Fiat motorhome was from late 2008 and the latest Fiat Motorhome is 2012 ...no problems at all

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)

Hi Buttons the reason they use Fiats is simply width :thumb:At a claimed 6' 4" wide they are 6" wider than nearest rival-Renault followed by new tranny then the vw Crafter,Sprinter and Iveco follow behind.The last 3 will be wide to you compared to the VW and the others will seem humongous wide ::bigsmile:Also all will be a lot longer :winky: yet again the last 3 are the longest :Smile: All will return 30mpg plus ish although none will match your VW :winky:Then again you will have more luxury like a Shower and room :thumb:plus be able to stand up and walk around the van ::bigsmile:
terry

OP
OP
buttons
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Don't believe all what they say about Merc.........:Eeek::whatthe:and not from a funster with a 23'.9" RV who's been trying to sell it since he purchased it...What was the words on his threads "Look at my link below 23'.9":Doh::Doh::Doh::cry::cry: sounds like salesmanship:winky::winky: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: they tell me BOB was looking to buy a VW Cali to pull his toy hauler:winky::winky:
Sorry Bob...
Joking apart...
Our present Motorhome is one of the new type Fiats and my previous Motorhome was also the same new type Fiat.. 130..2.3 multijet,(not the latest Fiat 5) they are fast, pull like a train, economical, comfortable,and like driving a car... not a lorry!!.....In fact I would not consider anything else but the Fiat in a motorhome:thumb:

Buttons I do believe they did have some gear box problems 2007-2008 on the 2.3 and the 3 ltr ... my 1st new shaped/type Fiat motorhome was from late 2008 and the latest Fiat Motorhome is 2012 ...no problems at all
Nothing personal HUL I have owned and driven a number of Fiats over the last 20 years. They are ok but I still feel like I am a white van man with parcels to deliver. They dont appear to have mastered the art of making them feel car like yet.
Add to this the other known problems and the way Fiat dealt with customer complaints doesn't give me a lot of confidence. The way manufactures deal with a serious design faults, like the reverse judder combined with clutch and gear box defects can effect potential purchasers for many years to come, so no I would prefer something other than a Fiat.:Eeek:

Last edited:
OP
OP
buttons
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Hi Buttons the reason they use Fiats is simply width :thumb:At a claimed 6' 4" wide they are 6" wider than nearest rival-Renault followed by new tranny then the vw Crafter,Sprinter and Iveco follow behind.The last 3 will be wide to you compared to the VW and the others will seem humongous wide ::bigsmile:Also all will be a lot longer :winky: yet again the last 3 are the longest :Smile: All will return 30mpg plus ish although none will match your VW :winky:Then again you will have more luxury like a Shower and room :thumb:plus be able to stand up and walk around the van ::bigsmile:
terry
Thanks for that terry, I will be looking at all options with a list of compromises that could be shuffled around to suit. I dont mind driving wider and longer but my 6 years of VWs has really spoilt me for all manor of reasons. To me size is a huge benefit, but an inside shower would be nice as would other bits but the down size is losing that go anywhere ability. I have always loved driving the cali and I have been able to live with the size but I am open for a change if I can find one.
Who said you cant stand up and walk around in the cali :Cool: a button above the driver will give you over 8' of head room.:winky:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I wish people would read things

Sorry Bob...
Joking apart...

I wish functors would read things properly.

The red link takes you to a page we found that had been pirated when we purchased the RV.. it shows the USA site where the RV was... it also shows the RV as it was when it was imported.. following import it had all the toys fitted. The link shows just what value you get, even without the toys with an RV.

We change our RV's about 3 to 4 years in the normal course of owning them.. 9 RV and 1 motor home in 26 years. so as you can see about 3 years on average.. the motor home was 6 months only.

I have owned many mercs.. Motorhome and cars... even have a Smart with a merc engine now. Yes I have had a fiat car.. well that was interesting... never again.

But please do not mis quote the details shown.. the RV has never been offered for sale by us until this month

Bob

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
I wish functors would read things properly.

The red link takes you to a page we found that had been pirated when we purchased the RV.. it shows the USA site where the RV was... it also shows the RV as it was when it was imported.. following import it had all the toys fitted. The link shows just what value you get, even without the toys with an RV.

We change our RV's about 3 to 4 years in the normal course of owning them.. 9 RV and 1 motor home in 26 years. so as you can see about 3 years on average.. the motor home was 6 months only.

I have owned many mercs.. Motorhome and cars... even have a Smart with a merc engine now. Yes I have had a fiat car.. well that was interesting... never again.

But please do not mis quote the details shown.. the RV has never been offered for sale by us until this month

Bob

Ok Bob:winky::thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back